Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,863 comments
I think it was a Bentley Continental but I'm not sure if it was a Continental or not. I saw it while test driving a toxic orange pearl 2011 Dodge Charger R/T!

The best street race ever. I felt like I went back in time to the 60's. So awesome that I had to make these photo's look aged.

Not sure who was winning....Had to feather the throttle to not run into them during their little run.:sly:....At the end of the day, everyone waved and gave each other the thumbs up and we went our separate ways...

One was a Plymouth Duster 340, didn't know what the black car was. Cano?

hahaha, cool, bud! You tried your luck against a 1974 Duster and a 1966 Plymouth Fury. And I cannot help but note that you are behind :sly: you should know what comes next for your car: drop in a Mopar big-block.

Nice stuff dude. Next time we need video.

Sunday around 3. At the parking garage at the Houstonian Country Club off of North Post Oak Ln between Woodway and Memorial in the Uptown District in Houston.

Strange, I saw a black series here in MD at the dealer with texas plates about a week and a half ago, though I don't remember the plate number. Wonder if it could be the same car.

Strange, I saw a black series here in MD at the dealer with texas plates about a week and a half ago, though I don't remember the plate number. Wonder if it could be the same car.

In Maryland I never see anything here lol , i live in Maryland Too xD , I live Near Baltimore , i saw a Bullit Yesterday , i need to post my pics

Another blurry shot, the car was pulling away quite fast :)

Any idea what it is excactly? I'm thinking some type of SL but the back doesn't really look right.

Last edited:
I think you're right, I looked a bit further and it appears to be the SL 63 AMG (that sound :drool:)

Not very impressive, not a good shot, but the first Citroen DS4 I saw on the road:

6005403197_fa42d98605_m.jpg

Fun stuff on a rainy day on the way back from the farmer's market (I'm the farmer.)

'39 Chevy, love the profile face-on:
39chevyfront.jpg

siren in the rear window, wonder what it was used for?
39chevyrear.jpg

spotted this Galaxie 500 in an auto shop's lot:
galaxiefront.jpg

galazie500rear.jpg

pulled in to take her picture and noticed something interesting going on in the garage bay:
dragsteronaliftrear.jpg

dragsteronaliftclose.jpg

the guy with the mustache in the first pic was working on her when his buddie arrived and asked when he was going back out the the track next. I then inquired if he ran the quarter and if so in what kind of time. High 9's. What is it, a Nova/Chevelle?

But the best spotting came from a different garage. An Austin cab! Never seen an Austin before:
austincab.jpg

and this what, rally? racing? beetle? fat slicks on the rear. for sale if you're interested!:lol:
rallybeetle.jpg

But this final car is what really caught my eye today:
elitefront.jpg

eliterear.jpg

elitebadge.jpg

a Lotus Elite! Certainly never seen one of these before.

Sadly I have no pics to back this up but I seen a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder on the interstate today.

Very good find on the Lotus jeffgoddin, really looking nice

@ Vincent: haven't seen a DS4 around here yet, looking good.

Very good find on the Lotus jeffgoddin, really looking nice

Thanks! Did some wiki searching and not much info on this car. Interesting to note only 2535 of them were made. I have to think not many of these found their way to Ohio.

neat stuff Goddin. The 39 Chev is actually a 1940, the drag car is a Nova, and the bug is what is commonly known as a Baja Bug. Ace spot on the Lotus!

I was wondering if anybody else would think the Elite was neat. A little more research suggests this is an early model, '74-'78, since Lotus again won the F1 constructors championship in '78.

Didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I spotted a car by the side of the road, and can't figure out what it is. Manufacturer plates, masqueraded with black masking tape, looks like a Kia 5 or Suzuki Reno, but I'm not sure. I do know the left-front tire is flat!

SilverCarFlatTire.jpg

It has a Michigan M plate so chances are it is from one of the domestic auto makers. The roofline and rear spoiler are very similar to the Focus so it might be one of the variants of the car they are bringing stateside.

Some parts also made me think Ford, those mirrors look exactly the same as our Fiesta.

M3

Wow, haven't really seen an M3 with those rims! Spotted a Google Earth car in my town yesterday, no picture though. I did get some stuff today on the other hand.

Non-striped Shelby GT500
IMG_1000.jpg

F-150 Raptor
IMG_1003.jpg

Finally got a picture of the hideous Murano CrossCabrio
IMG_1001.jpg

Plymouth Prowler
IMG_1005.jpg

Not great at old Muscle cars but...I'm guessing a Pontiac LeMans?
IMG_1006.jpg

Special Edition 2012 CLS :D
IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

XKR Convertible
IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

I didn't get time to take a pic but I say a GT40 (yes the old one). Couldn't tell if it was real or a kit car though.

alvin23a
I didn't get time to take a pic but I say a GT40 (yes the old one). Couldn't tell if it was real or a kit car though.

Well, seeing as there are only four real street legal GT40's on the planet, I'm gonna go ahead and say it was a replica. Also, next time please have pictures when you post.

Back