Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,863 comments
Panamera Turbo

Aston Martin Vantage Convertible

Bentley Continental GT

Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead

And right next to the Drophead pulling out of the parking garage was...A Rolls Royce Corniche V

NOTE: Im not sure what the last Rolls exactly but I think its a Corniche

MR2
6021731909_f287c89d0d_z.jpg

Not an MR Spyder or MR-S?

Anyway, great pics, though I suspect the last half were from some kind of an automotive related event. I guess since they were just parked cars and not featured it's okay, though!:lol:

And for me:

BWM 550i new series (F10). No, not incredibly special, but top of the line 5 series and I could tell when it accelerated away from me. Dayyummm!!!
550iz.jpg

De Soto
desoto.jpg

poor Camaro... :lol:
camaroik.jpg

still in service!
policecarb.jpg

Right about here is when I decided to stop taking pictures of Carreras and Boxsters, saw a couple. Long ago decided to not take pictures of Stingrays and modern corvettes unless ZR1/Z06 etc.

Also right here is when the big fish got away. In the 7 seconds it took me to get my camera out of my pocket, turn it on, and wait for it to be ready to go, my prey had already eluded capture. But you better believe I'm going to be deliberately stalking it from now on. V12 SL55 AMG!!!

but to continue, nifty old Bronco:
broncor.jpg

Sky, just wanted to capture one:
skyiq.jpg

Maserati! Extremely rare for me:
maseratik.jpg

300ZX Twin Turbo, love these 90's sports cars. Supras and RX-7s, too.
300zxtwinturbo.jpg

and finally, note the Handicapped tag on the rearview, this 350 Chevelle:
cheveller.jpg

I seen a Porsche Panamera. I also seen two small Bentleys, but I have no idea what they were. They were very new. Anyone know what they were?

Last edited:
I seen a Porsche Panamera. I also seen two small Bentleys, but I have no idea what they were. They were very new. Anyone know what they were?

Small Bentley? An oxymoron. Smallest Bentley is the Continental GT. There's a facelift one out now, but it's small like a naval cruiser is small compared to an aircraft carrier.

NISMO_SKYLINE, your shots are great but I think many of them belong in the sister thread. Just sayin'...

Yea, I wasn't sure since they were all spread out over the various parking lots. None of them were really in a show, I'm not sure where the line starts for an event and where it stops at cars just parked around.

Wicked post, Nismo!!! The Torino picture looks very good, should have zoomed in more, but great stuff none the less. Awesome pictures as usual, Rue. The Land Rover ins indeed sick. Goddin, your Chevelle is an Impala.

As far as what it was doing up in the state that shall not be named (I'm from Ohio.) I have no explanation. ;)

As far as what it was doing up in the state that shall not be named (I'm from Ohio.) I have no explanation. ;)

I was in Michigan for a few days on work. Drove on the old Detroit Grand Prix Circuit before catching the next flight out, just for fun.

Saw this yesterday and took a photo today. Unknown to me so don't know how common it is (the one in the middle :P).

I'm pretty sure it's a 1969 Ford Capri. These Germans are quite rare, actually. Oh, and is that picture from Belgium? They were also built there, in Genk ;)

My dad worked in Genk for 30 years, probably too late for this car.

I must admit most of my pictures would fit in the 'guess what car' thread, no need for photoshop blurs :D

I'm pretty sure it's a 1969 Ford Capri. These Germans are quite rare, actually. Oh, and is that picture from Belgium? They were also built there, in Genk ;)

I think that's a bit later. I would say a '73 1600XL, going by the wheels, black back panel and vinyl roof. :D

EDIT: Today I did see a crappy Toyota 4x4 with an outboard motor bolted to the back of it as if that's how he used it. No pics I'm afraid, but I'm sure I'll see it again.

That's from the 80's. :sly:

Even better!

And thanks for the correction Cano, for some reason I thought I read Chevelle on the back of it, and I'm not yet familiar enough with the encyclopoedic history of automobiles to know when I'm being silly. But I'll keep practicing!

And had an interesting day out. Saw this on the way into a parking lot where I was about to pitch my produce to some restaurateurs:
wrxstifront.jpg

I said hey, that just might be...
wrxstirear.jpg

an STi!!!! My first, I believe, and I love the older series.. which one was this? VI? VII?

Still grinning about my good luck, I turned and before I could get in the 1st restaurant's door, I shat my pants when I saw this:
nismo370zrear.jpg

nismo370zfront.jpg

NISMO 370Z!!! again, my first. heck, first NISMO anything. I've spent the rest of the day hoping these two get together and race after work.

I did spot a few more interesting things. Mini:
minio.jpg

Mystery car. Said GranTurismo on the side, has what looks like a tuning fork on the panel behind the driver's side window, and hubcaps have a distinctive S like symbol. Any ideas? Looked Italian as Dante's Inferno to me.
granturismo.jpg

Rolls in my rear view... Silver Shadow? Corniche?
rollsx.jpg

And a crappy Olds 88 from the mid '70's
olds88.jpg

Mystery car. Said GranTurismo on the side, has what looks like a tuning fork on the panel behind the driver's side window, and hubcaps have a distinctive S like symbol. Any ideas? Looked Italian as Dante's Inferno to me.
granturismo.jpg

Mystery car solved...and not Italian. ;) That's a Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk.
nz2010-62h-gt.jpg

Yea, I wasn't sure since they were all spread out over the various parking lots. None of them were really in a show, I'm not sure where the line starts for an event and where it stops at cars just parked around.

In the past, I've put everything that is probably related to a car meet or show in the other thread, i.e. on the roads nearby or a couple of nice cars line-a-stern in the area. I'd like to put them in here as there's much more activity in this thread but I always err on the side of caution and put them in the other one.

an STi!!!! My first, I believe, and I love the older series.. which one was this? VI? VII?

You seem to be getting your STi nomenclature mixed with your Lancer Evo nomenclature. That's a current third generation Impreza STi, and a third gen STi sedan at that, which has only been out for less than a year. You seemed to be very happy with that spot. I wouldn't mind being in your position, Jeff, where an STi is something to get excited about. I've become so jaded with the spotting here in Houston. I'll regularly pass up Ferrari F430's and Aston Martin DB9's because they are slightly out of the way.

Huh. I thought I'd been seeing more roundish Imprezas, and this one feels more like the cars from GT2. And yes, you are jaded, poor you, surrounded by supercars. I think I saw a Ferrari once, but it was dark, so maybe not. So yeah, an STi is a great spot for me. Last week's DB9 was huge. Ditto the Maserati.

Saw this nice Fiat 500 at work. I think it belongs to someone there, but idk who. First 500 I've seen in person, didn't even know there was a Fiat dealership nearby
65926116523572517700.jpg

Then I saw this the other day, right hand drive EG6. Pretty nice looking too
65926130323572522460.jpg

Don't see too many Stanzas around here, unless they are junkers. This one is nice
65926082623572505930.jpg

Just thought this was funny, some only lady was driving it. Not really cool, but I figured I'd post it anyways :P
65926103823572513190.jpg

Saw this at the gas station. Quite an unusual sight, specially because it looks like new. Clean. Unmodified. RR layout.

Foto0013_copia.jpg

To some, seeing a Vauxhall Insignia is nothing special. However, the brand doesn't operate here in Australia, so seeing a silver example in the university car-park today tells me they're actually serious about considering to bring it down under.

Back