Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,863 comments
XLR, don't see these, looked sharp
xlrq.jpg

soft spot for old 3000GT's. also note the brutally honest vanity plate, made me laugh!
3000gt.jpg

old 911, love the wings on these guys
old911.jpg

OK, after alot of harrasment from the Moderators, i've been forced to post my 'rare-sightings' here. However, i should point out that it's close to impossible for me to post pictures, because a) i don't have a Digital Camera and b) None of my phones have the ability to transfer photos. I don't see the problem though, because i'm not a wannabe who wants false credit.

I've seen:

SuperCars

Mercedes SLS AMG
Audi R8 5.2/4.2
Lamborghini Gallardo/Spyder/DIablo/Murcielago
Maserati GranTurismo/Cabrio

These are rare/interesting because they were all seen in and outside of lanark area.

Old

Mitsubishi GTO Mk1-Very surprising, thought at first it was a Pontiac :P

Toyota Sera- Loved it in GT5, so was happy to have seen it IRL.

Mazda Xedos6 - Read about it in a mag and thought it would be impossible to see it on the road.

Last edited:
OK, after alot of harrasment from the Moderators, i've been forced to post my 'rare-sightings' here. However, i should point out that it's close to impossible for me to post pictures, because a) i don't have a Digital Camera and b) None of my phones have the ability to transfer photos. I don't see the problem though, because i'm not a wannabe who wants false credit.

You can start another thread: Cars seen but no pictures...
Rue already started a thread with pictures taken on events because of this.

This is a thread with pictures, it is not personal, it is a choice of this thread.

It is bad luck that you can not take pictures, just enjoy the pictures taken by others in that case, give some constructive comment on it.
Prove you can restrain yourself!

================================================

Taken on the Ring in Hasselt? :dopey:
I've seen more rare cars, but never have my camera with me when I see one. Especially on sunny sundays you can spot some nice vehicles.

True there are some nice things on the road there sometimes, been ages that I was not there anymore.

================================================

Back to business:

Going to dinner on a weekend away recently:

PGO Cevennes:
5986704827_2ed864e18c.jpg
5986704771_4bf71ce02a.jpg
5986704929_ed3d66d8d6.jpg
5986704873_f880613d94.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not trolling here, but, what's rare/interesting about a Citroen 2CV? I would say they're pretty common.

Yeah, and I guess I could ask you why you're compelled to double post and continue to break the thread rules. :rolleyes: but I left that part out.

He lives in America. Not common at all for us.

Exactly, this is probably the second one I've seen live and in person, ever. I see supercars almost every week back home in Cali.

I've been pretty loaded with work over the past few months, barely had any time or energy to go out with my camera. Regrettably, I've missed a lot of the action. Here's a few random snaps from recent walks around the city.

Mercedes-Benz C320 in nice BBS rims
5993914621_e7168c7ee1_z.jpg

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
5993914691_d1dcacaa13_z.jpg

5993915049_8a9a05accb_z.jpg

Lexus IS350
5994475766_295a27ef8f_z.jpg

Spotted a Dodge Viper RT/10 at my work today. (Took pictures with my co-worker's phone) Also, the license plate read "HISS". Probably the most interesting thing I've seen in the lot. Apart from an XFR. >_> Having trouble uploading pics of a Murano CrossCabriolet that I spotted from my phone. :grumpy:

0730111239b.jpg

0730111239a.jpg

Dodge Ram "Big Ho" edition at Jack in the Box. ;)

Saw in an Car & Driver magazine (a couple years ago) Someone had the Dodge Ram Big HornY Edition (Added Y) :lol:

Been seeing a lot of that generation of Viper over the last couple weeks. Where are they all coming from? :P

Nice healthy post from today...

GranTurismo:
DSC04656.jpg

R8:
DSC04657.jpg

Evora:
DSC04659.jpg

Odd one... Messerschmitt Bubble Car Motorcycle type thing:
DSC04661.jpg

Silver Spur:
DSC04662.jpg

R8 V10 Spyder:
DSC04663.jpg

Mulsanne:
DSC04664.jpg

GT3:
DSC04675.jpg

Seat Cordoba from Mexico:
DSC04668.jpg

DB9:
DSC04669.jpg

Ford GT and F430:
DSC04670.jpg

SL65 AMG Black Series:
DSC04671.jpg

Vanquish:
DSC04674.jpg

GT-R:
DSC04676.jpg

R8:
DSC04677.jpg

SLS:
DSC04681.jpg

360 Spider:
DSC04682.jpg

Slammed Range Rover for some reason:
DSC04683.jpg

Odd one... Messerschmitt Bubble Car Motorcycle type thing:
DSC04661.jpg

Awesome! More of a Trike I'd say.

And I swear none of these other cars exist in Ohio... though I over the past 2 months my most exciting photo-less spots were a Bentley and a DB9 (I shat my pants), neither of which did I expect to see here in a million years.

And I'm being a bit hypocritical here, but come on guys who post "sightings" with no photos, WE DON'T CARE! I mean, specifically for that last guy, yeah, you see one every day, but you didn't post a BEAUTIFUL shot of it like Dac Xint did, did you? Yeah, I didn't think so.

And I'm being a bit hypocritical here, but come on guys who post "sightings" with no photos, WE DON'T CARE! I mean, specifically for that last guy, yeah, you see one every day, but you didn't post a BEAUTIFUL shot of it like Dac Xint did, did you? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I think this deserves a note of reflection:
"sightings" with no photos, WE DON'T CARE in this thread

BEAUTIFUL shot: if the car is not very special this would be required, I had not issue with the IS350 (mostly see IS220 here).

but to post here it can be any crappy picture (of exceptional cars) examples:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5656223#post5656223

In Hong-Kong it seems that a Ferrari is hardly exceptional, but still that is not true for all.

I do frown picture-less posts, but on second thought I'd rather not go as far as to jeopardize the popularity of this thread. I think if people want to brag what they saw without a photo, let them. We will just have to ignore them for as long as it would take them to realize that the old timers like us would respond to a silly everyday Toyota than a Bat-mobile they said their uncle drove them to school in.

They want attention, and they will get bored and move on when none is given.

Anyways, from earlier this evening, a rather clean Honda Integra Type-R with a Provisional driver's plate! Damn you HK...

5997742161_992e4fcd71_z.jpg

5997742213_c468a929ee_z.jpg

Last edited:
Smashing post Astrosdude! So many cool cars here and there… and the guy from Mexico is a long way from home. At least his plates say so. He’d be near my city. A looong way from home.

Back