Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,863 comments
Does anyone know what this is from?

Dodge Power Wagon.

http://www.allpar.com/model/ram/powerwagon.html

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong. It's from a Chevrolet G506.

Chevrolet_G506_Truck.jpg

If you look at the body line toward the back end of the cab, it protrudes outward, not inward like the Power Wagon.

Sorry Reece, didn't quite look close enough. :boggled:

Last edited:
Spottings on the way to the restaurant.
Two Broncos
IMG_1014.jpg

Fiat 500, pretty uncommon here.
IMG_1024.jpg

Damaged Beetle Turbo (I think)
IMG_1022.jpg

6-Series convertible (Not that special to be honest, but pretty rare in Maine)
IMG_1020.jpg

Last edited:
Today, I saw 9 abandoned cars at a hardware store. Well, I actually first saw them about 7 years ago, but today is when I actually stopped to get pictures of them.

Studebaker+Chevrolet Special Deluxe by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr

Many older cars by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr

A ton of abandoned cars by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr

Chevrolet Impala+Nash Ambassador by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr

Ford Fairlane+Buick Century by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr

Chevrolet Impala by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr

Buick Century by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr

Studebaker+Chevrolets+Nash by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr

Chevrolet something from Texas by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr

Nash Ambassador+Chevrolet by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr

EPIC POST REECE!!! But how come it took you SEVEN years to take pictures of those? There are spome amazing cars there, the Century is ace and it looks like the only thing it needs is... well... me inside!

The Nash is also pretty rare.

MOAR of that stuff.

Nice finds! I was thinking of stopping by a junkyard, however it had a private property sign and wasn't sure if I should try going there...

EPIC POST REECE!!! But how come it took you SEVEN years to take pictures of those? There are spome amazing cars there, the Century is ace and it looks like the only thing it needs is... well... me inside!

The Nash is also pretty rare.

MOAR of that stuff.
Because I was SOOOO bored today, so I thought "Why not see what's up with all of those abandoned cars at that hardware store?" So I did. Usually whenever I want to stop to see them, I end up seeing something totally awesome or unusual, so I never stopped. I can go by there again maybe tomorrow to get more pictures.

That response made my night. I laughed harder at this than anything on Top Gear rigt now :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking. And it's a Mazda 3 aswell, not a 2 :lol:

I have posted some normal cars, but special versions. And one very rare car in the UK, albeit a horrible example.

Clio 200 Gordini

Civic Ti (pseudo BTCC road car)

El Camino

I saw that same El-Camino a few days ago.
Caught my eye because you don't often see them over here.
Sadly I don't drive around with a camera in my hand.

Well, now that I'm in Wolfsburg, I see plenty of pretty interesting cars, but I still lack a digital camera, so I can't verify any of them yet. When I go back to the Autostadt, I'll go ahead and post pictures in the showroom thread, I think that counts. By the way, chrome Veyron.

That Maserati is nice looking Jai
I saw one exactly the same coming toward me on a flatbed yesterday, too late to grab the camera :guilty:

too late to grab the camera :guilty:

Happened to me twice a few days ago :( . First, we were in the Valais region of Switzerland, and I saw a red Scuderia 16M coming the other way.

As if that wasn't bad enough, we were on the highway in Montreux (towards Lausanne) later that day, and coming on the opposite side of the (elevated) highway I saw a 599 GTO. Beautiful. But no pics. :(

Because I was SOOOO bored today, so I thought "Why not see what's up with all of those abandoned cars at that hardware store?" So I did. Usually whenever I want to stop to see them, I end up seeing something totally awesome or unusual, so I never stopped. I can go by there again maybe tomorrow to get more pictures.

I'd rock moar pictures of those indeed!

And we're all always too late to grab the camera in some situation or another. The one I regret the most was a time when I saw a Subaru STI street race a 1969 Mustang. That was cool! but I was too slow to take thr camera out, so I just enjoyed the show.

I'd rock moar pictures of those indeed!

And we're all always too late to grab the camera in some situation or another. The one I regret the most was a time when I saw a Subaru STI street race a 1969 Mustang. That was cool! but I was too slow to take thr camera out, so I just enjoyed the show.

That sounds like it would be amazing to watch. A few weeks ago I barely caught a pink RX-7 racing a Nissan Skyline GTS-T25 R32. Yes, an R32 in America.

Spotting stuff...

Sunday 8/14:

Murcielago LP640 Roadster:
DSC04697.jpg

Vanquish:
DSC04699.jpg

SLS:
DSC04701.jpg

Vantage:
DSC04702.jpg

Wednesday 8/17:

Phantom:
DSC04706.jpg

R8:
DSC04708.jpg

Mulsanne:
DSC04709.jpg

R8 V10's:
DSC04711.jpg

R8:
DSC04712.jpg

Sunday 8/21:

GT-R:
DSC04717.jpg

Murcielago LP640 Roadster:
DSC04718.jpg

Vantage:
DSC04719.jpg

Carrera GT:
DSC04722.jpg

360 with F430 rims:
DSC04723.jpg

Vantage:
DSC04724.jpg

New Continental GT:
DSC04725.jpg

Viper and R8:
DSC04727.jpg

Phantom and Drophead:
DSC04730.jpg

F430 Spider:
DSC04731.jpg

Firebird:
DSC04732.jpg

That all blue R8 looks nice! My neighbour's got something rare and interesting parked outside their house today. I will pot a picture later but in the meantime see if you can guess what it is. It's Italian, yellow and has more power-per-litre than a Bugatti EB110, F40 or Jaguar XJ220. Apparently they only made 60 of them, but I am pretty sure that ain't correct as I have seen at least 4 or 5 here alone.

Rue
That all blue R8 looks nice! My neighbour's got something rare and interesting parked outside their house today. I will pot a picture later but in the meantime see if you can guess what it is. It's Italian, yellow and has more power-per-litre than a Bugatti EB110, F40 or Jaguar XJ220. Apparently they only made 60 of them, but I am pretty sure that ain't correct as I have seen at least 4 or 5 here alone.

Lancia/Zagato Hyena? (too rare maybe)
Alfa Zagato RZ? (too common maybe)

I wish it was either of them. The Zagato has got to be one of my favourite cars. So, nope.

A couple I took last night. Not the coolest cars, but interesting in their own way. I love the Toyota Chaser (JZX100) and this was the sister car at the time, the Mark II. Cool car, but then again I'm a sucker for big Japanese sedans.

toy_mark2_nj462_l_01 by R-W-P, on Flickr

Is this an Audi S1? Is there an Audi S1? Help... Crap quality shot, handheld and no image stabilisation.

au_s1_ap39_l_01 by R-W-P, on Flickr

Just shot this cos I liked the position, I thought it was a Ford up until I zoomed in on the badge. Seems it's a Hyundai? The new wave of Korean cars are actually very well designed, IMO.

hyu by R-W-P, on Flickr

Last edited:
Rue

A Maserati Cup Ghibli II! 2.0L 24V DOHC twin-turbo V6 with 330hp!

Also, @ astrodude, isn't that second LP640 Roadster the same as the first just parked three spaces over on a different day?

Rue
My neighbour's got something rare and interesting parked outside their house today. I will pot a picture later but in the meantime see if you can guess what it is. It's Italian, yellow and has more power-per-litre than a Bugatti EB110, F40 or Jaguar XJ220. Apparently they only made 60 of them, but I am pretty sure that ain't correct as I have seen at least 4 or 5 here alone.

Is it something old and with a silly small engine like an Abarth 850?

Rue
Is this an Audi S1? Is there an Audi S1?

There's an Audi A1 - haven't worked out why yet. No S1 that I know of.

I seen one of the new Fiat 500s. It was a red one. I was so excited lol.

And the photographs you took so that you can post it in this thread are... where?

Back