Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,863 comments
A kind of Christmas-in-July post as I'm cleaning out my phone:

photo-1.jpg

Taken in March or so.

Come here and have both! We topped out at 39C, at 51 with humidity, a few weeks ago.

Haha! Wow. I can live with the heat if the humidity is low, although 39C is probably a little warm. We've got 33C and 85% for the forseeable future. Ugh...

Content

DSC_2096 by R-W-P, on Flickr

Here are some from about 1 or 2 months ago that I never posted:

Uuh...
dsc03102kv.jpg

Saleen S281 convertible
dsc0335qg.jpg

A nice looking bug
dsc0340qx.jpg

Aaand, a random Camaro
dsc0342j.jpg

Nothing really special, I know, but I still thought I'd share.

xXKingJoshXx
Trust me, I've already been there...

Because I don't give a crap about people saying oh I saw this! I have google if I want to see those. Coolest part and rare thing about these is actually seeing them AND getting a picture.

2011-08-16145044.jpg

2011-08-18151646-1.jpg

Sorry for the really bad quality of the second one. Taken with a phone camera with no time to use the limited zoom so I cropped it down and that's what I got.

Mmmm... Where in Italy are you? Just wondering because I was in Sorrento a couple of weeks back, and those pics remind me of it...

Interesting, we were in Sorrento for a few days when we arrived, we later moved up the coast to Amalfi. Those were taken in Rome, I'm currently in Ibiza.

Interesting, we were in Sorrento for a few days when we arrived, we later moved up the coast to Amalfi. Those were taken in Rome, I'm currently in Ibiza.

I love Italy! Been to rome as well. Capri is nice as well (once you get out of the marina).

Loving the spots. The most interesting things I see are Porsche Boxsters...

Fyshokid
Here are some from about 1 or 2 months ago that I never posted:

Uuh...

Saleen S281 convertible

A nice looking bug

Aaand, a random Camaro

Nothing really special, I know, but I still thought I'd share.

That model A is quite special if it's original that is. I've never seen one on a public road only in auto shows and they are always towed there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultima GTR. Saw this while pulling in to the local Chevron. Max speed is 231 and it has a better power to weight ratio than a Bugatti Veyron.

Been to Shakespeare County Raceway today (got a weekend pass but not camping) and managed to get a few awesome shots before the batteries in my camera decided to die.

PICT0127.jpg

PICT0126.jpg

PICT0125-1.jpg

PICT0124.jpg

PICT0123.jpg

I will add more shots when I return tomorrow with a better camera :) It was a rather ****ty day today tbh no racing in the morning due to a thunderstorm last night which left a lot of standing water, all cleaned off and ready to go by 0345 then it was all go until a couple of bikes broke, and it started raining T___T. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Been to Shakespeare County Raceway today (got a weekend pass but not camping) and managed to get a few awesome shots before the batteries in my camera decided to die.

DRAG CARS

I will add more shots when I return tomorrow with a better camera :) It was a rather ****ty day today tbh no racing in the morning due to a thunderstorm last night which left a lot of standing water, all cleaned off and ready to go by 0345 then it was all go until a couple of bikes broke, and it started raining T___T. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Those are neat! But this thread is mostly for "in-the-wild" street-only spots; your event pictures would be very welcome at this thread's Event edition.

Thanks for sharing, though.

EDIT: And very cool 1972 Cuda in the previous page. I don't know what it is with dog-dish hubcaps, but Mopes wearing 'em look freaking mean.

Maybe just a normal C6, but it looked good. If only the ladies crossing the street did, too...
corvettem.jpg

S4 sedan
s4sedan.jpg

my first Fiat 500, zippier than I expected:
fiat500b.jpg

Stingray
stingrayfront.jpg

old Caddy, love the stacked lamps!
deville.jpg

yes these are all shots from going to farmer's markets and making restaurant deliveries. Practicing my action shots (driving stick, my F150 sometimes makes a cameo...) here's a Beetle convertible:
beetlef.jpg

Then at market today (my best market yet this year) I had to abandon my post at my market stall to capture the following three, the first a nice red Carerra with spoiler out:
carerra.jpg

'51 MG:
66309264.jpg

and another S4 sedan:
s4sedan2.jpg

then finally on the way back to the farm a nice M3 coupe:
m3coupe.jpg

Edit: forgot a couple.

Truck? Another action shot!
orangetruck.jpg

and, crappy shot, but I couldn't decide if this was a trans am or a ferio or what... looked nice from the rear like the tan and black two-tone.
pontiacw.jpg

Last edited:
Forgive me as I am Australian:)

What the 🤬 is a Ron Fellows Z06 (I Know Z06) and who the 🤬 Ron Fellows is?

after googling Ron Fellows Z06, the most useful information was found at this car and driver review. No performance upgrades, just trim, to commemorate a successful Corvette race driver. Only 399 made would make this my rarest spot yet. However looking at my picture and an image of the Ron Fellows Z06, the red stripes on mine are not quite in the same position, so this may be fake...

:grumpy: I don't even want to post mine now. Thanks Rue :lol:.

I saw every Enzo ever made yesterday, but I didn't get a picture. Believe me!

Falcon

IMG_0004.jpg

Shrek!

IMG_0005.jpg

Awesome Mopar

IMG_0023.jpg

Dodge

IMG_0025.jpg

XM5

IMG_0054-1.jpg

MazdaSpeed Miata

IMG_0055-1.jpg

ZR1

IMG_0056.jpg

Alpina B7

IMG_0057-1.jpg

MG

IMG_0059-1.jpg

Pontiac Grand Prix

IMG_0060.jpg

Buick?

IMG_0061-1.jpg

C63 AMG

IMG_0062-1.jpg

R8

IMG_0063.jpg

Mustang

IMG_0064.jpg

Aston

IMG_0066.jpg

Trans Am

IMG_0067.jpg

Charger

IMG_0068.jpg

Plymouth

IMG_0069.jpg

Malibu

IMG_0070.jpg

Savoy. I <3 this car.

Photo0924.jpg

Photo0925.jpg

Maserati. I only shot this one because it was at Home Depot.

Photo0926.jpg

Hemi 'Cuda

Photo0928.jpg

I have a ton more from last week, I'll have them up in a couple days.

Epic posts, everyone, what a page!

Obviously the Gumpert and Pagani take the show, but Nismo's post really tickles me and makes me giggle like a plaid-skirted college girl. The 71 Satellite in the back of the truck is awesome! Your "Buick?" is a 1956 Pontiach Chieftain, and the Trans Am and black GP woitht he eight-lug wheels... argh I wanna lick them.

Back