Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,863 comments
Squares are awesome, no matter what year! :D

Agreed!

quattro, Lancer EX, Skyline R30, Skyline R31, Supra MA70 and JZA80, Silvia S13, Celica ST165 if that qualifies, MR2, maybe RX-7 FC, definitely Delta Integrale, 205 Turbo 16, Silvia 240RS, AE86 possibly, 5 Turbo...etc.

By square I'm just talking about general non-curvy looks. :D

Agreed!

quattro, Lancer EX, Skyline R30, Skyline R31, Supra MA70 and JZA80, Silvia S13, Celica ST165 if that qualifies, MR2, maybe RX-7 FC, definitely Delta Integrale, 205 Turbo 16, Silvia 240RS, AE86 possibly, 5 Turbo...etc.

By square I'm just talking about general non-curvy looks. :D

Stop posting the names of awesome cars, it makes me wish we still had them in that style! ;)

IMO 80's and 90's were the low point in automotive design, half the cars looked the same, no curves 100 bhp average :yuck:.
30's and 50's were the best IMO
Im not flaming but im not a fan of any of those cars ;)

that's VERY rare indeed. WTF with you Goddin.

Well, talking is the guy who can recognize 1930s cars by their grilles, so I'll shut up.

Also, the Audi is an A1 S-Line, rue. With aftermarket wheels, but S-Line.

that's VERY rare indeed. WTF with you Goddin.

Well, talking is the guy who can recognize 1930s cars by their grilles, so I'll shut up.

hee hee! I'm just a research nerd, love a challenge. Figured it had to have a small engine to get that kind of acclaim, just looked around, found it quick, word for word off Wikipedia.

She looks to be in good condition too and it was still there this morning, so it could be a permanent fixture. If so, that's another interesting car to add to the collection in my village.

Jeff, did you find out the actual production figures? I had no luck other than the 60 I posted, but I'm convinced that's not accurate.

Today's Spottings

3rd Gen. Camaro RS:

camaro_rs__3rd_gen___by_flyinracedude-d47mmzt.jpg

3rd Gen. Mustang Convertible:

ford_mustang__3rd_gen___by_flyinracedude-d47mnxw.jpg

(Nice color scheme. The faux vent and the painted stock wheels are a tad rice, but the car looks nice altogether.)

Mercedes 300E:

mercedes_benz_300e_by_flyinracedude-d47mp2b.jpg

(This looks like a good car to have. It's classy, reliable, comfortable and not too expensive.)

Old car, maybe Cano can help me with this one.

old_car_spot_no_1_by_flyinracedude-d47mpi3.jpg

From behind:

P1010636.jpg

1st Gen Corolla Tercel:

P1010638.jpg

P1010639.jpg

Datsun 210 (B310):

P1010633.jpg

Mercedes 190:

P1010637.jpg

Last, but not least:

old_car_spot_no_2_by_flyinracedude-d47mpxp.jpg

Yet another oldie, hopefully GTP can help me identify it.

Today's Spottings

Old car, maybe Cano can help me with this one.

old_car_spot_no_1_by_flyinracedude-d47mpi3.jpg

From behind:

P1010636.jpg

I'd say that is a 1929 Ford Phaeton, but I am absolutely unsure. It has features that tell me it's not a Ford.

However, that isn't the relevant thing about this car. See the "Dukes" plate?
I CANT BELIEVE YOU SAW A DUKES CAR!!! They are a very famous car club in your city and in the entire frontier, they have been around for DECADES! I've read about them and their exploits in several hot rod magazines. Damn, I never thought I'd see one of their cars surface here. AWESOME.

you made my night.

Last, but not least:

old_car_spot_no_2_by_flyinracedude-d47mpxp.jpg

Yet another oldie, hopefully GTP can help me identify it.

It's a 1947 or 48 Pontiac aerosedan... but I don't know what Pontiac's aerosedans were called back in the day.

You mean poolhaas and JaiAE86? And GumI8all. And Cano. And Anna+Reece. Just to name a few I gathered from ONE page...

Haha, wrong. I have NEVER EVER in the 4 years I've been posting in this thread mentioned that I saw something of which I don't have a picture, unless it responds to another situation on the thread, like when I said I saw a street race but wasnt able to take out the camera.

However, that isn't the relevant thing about this car. See the "Dukes" plate?
I CANT BELIEVE YOU SAW A DUKES CAR!!! They are a very famous car club in your city and in the entire frontier, they have been around for DECADES! I've read about them and their exploits in several hot rod magazines. Damn, I never thought I'd see one of their cars surface here. AWESOME.

you made my night.

Thanks for the IDs
BTW, the Dukes base in in my neighborhood (or whatever translation "colonia" has), the pic with the Pontiac is taken from outside their base.
They make a small autoshow every year for my school, I'll try to take pictures when the next is taking place.

Edit: After further research based on your hint, I've determined that the Pontiac should be a Torpedo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the IDs
BTW, the Dukes base in in my neighborhood (or whatever translation "colonia" has), the pic with the Pontiac is taken from outside their base.
They make a small autoshow every year for my school, I'll try to take pictures when the next is taking place.

I think I want to cry.

Really?

Got damn PLEASE when they put on a show, I'd really, REALLY REALLY appreciate the pictures.

I've always wanted to check out Tj's old car scene. A friend of mine went there for some business stuff and came back with almost 100 pictures of abandoned and in use classic cars that were amazing, right down to a 1958 Corvette abandoned inside a house. It was unreal.

Be my undercover Tj agent!!! :crazy:

awesome. In fact, I like that you take pictures of cars that may seem common everywhere else but that were never sold in Mexico, like that Datsun in the previous pages, or the Tercel. Keep on that line, I really enjoy that kind of mundane cars. And whenever you see something abandoned, you are OBLIGUED.

He mentioned it as an example, quit raging and just take the moderators advice 👍

Loving the pics guys, sadly I have nothing to contribute other than:
DSC04722.jpg

Astros that is damn lucky! I'd love to have seen a Carrera GT :dopey:

a couple from my garage
20110713093032456.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
dual ghia only 130 something made over 2 years.
20110713092810953.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
is that a hemi? in a boat?!?!
'59 Century Coronado
2011071309313340.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
yum!!!!!!!!
20110713093219759.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This car was featured in the hardcover book "worlds greatest musclecars" as well as several magazines , all before it was in my possession tho.

I have many more pics of these and a few others

What is that mid-engined photo Caz?

Here's a couple from yesterday:

Cayman R in Putrid Green:

102-5.jpg

The much-ignored 914:

105-2.jpg

I also got photobombed on this Clownshoe sighting:

101-10.jpg

The car's meh, It's the license plate that really caught my eye!

IMG_1168.jpg

And a Ferrari F430. Still from video capture, so quality might suffer.

Screenshot2011-08-24at93205PM.png

Last edited:
I doubt someone from the Al Thani Royal Family, who also own a Koenigsegg Agera R, would even think to be riding along in what appears to be an old MG :lol:

Actually, the one you found looks exactly like the one my Dad used to own.

Today wasn't the best day for car-spotting, albeit being the only day I intentionally went spotting cars :P . The reason for that is that I went to the Aston dealership, of which pictures you will see on the "Event and Showroom Edition" thread.

996 Carrera:

IMG_1194.jpg

996 Carrera 4:

IMG_1193.jpg

996 Carrera 4S:

IMG_1198.jpg

Boxster S:

IMG_1196.jpg

Cayenne S:

IMG_1192.jpg

Cayenne Turbo:

IMG_1197.jpg

TT with S-Line Package:

IMG_1195.jpg

Head over to this sister thread for the Astons !

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5790409#post5790409

Last edited:
Dude, pictures or it never happened. Also, no double posting.

Astros that is damn lucky! I'd love to have seen a Carrera GT :dopey:

Thanks! I used to see it fairly often around town, but it's been absent from my spottings for a number of months. It's good to see it back on the streets!

Here's a video of it from a previous encounter:

The car has a fantastic sound!!

Dude, pictures or it never happened.
This, and sorted.

It has been asked repeatedly but clearly it's not sinking in.

IF YOU DIDN'T CAPTURE IT WITH SOME FORM OF SHARABLE MEDIA, DON'T BOTHER POSTING THAT YOU SIMPLY SAW IT.

Let's see if size 3, bold, uppercase, centered, red letters helps get the point across. If you don't post a picture, we'll assume that you are lying and we have ways of dealing with posters of false information... ;)

Back