Do you believe in God?

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 24,478 comments

Do you believe in god?

• Of course, without him nothing would exist!

Votes: 623 30.5%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 368 18.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 1,050 51.5%

• Total voters
Now, not all of these people may engage in a homosexual lifestyle, and not all of them may be out, but that makes no difference to their thoughts, desires and temptations.

I am! :D

Anyway yes I believe in God, but I just don't go to church, if I wanted to hear people tell me how wrong I am I'd ask them. (Live in Alabama, that would definitely happen if I went to church here.) Besides, I don't think we need Church to have a good relationship with God. (And my local pastor is a drug addict, I think I'm doing better than him. ;) )

Just for the sake of master data, I'll leave this here.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/files/2013/06/SDT_LGBT-Americans_06-2013.pdf

Untitled2.png

There may be some gay people that are religious, but there are way more that are atheist.

Do you live under a rock? Open your eyes. Evidence is everywhere, whether it be IRL, or here in the forums...

I personally know nine people who are openly gay. Of those nine, five of them are Christian, the other four are indifferent to religion.

I personally know six people who are consciously atheist (give enough of a crap about it to have such discussions). All six of us are straight.

So it follows that 56% of gays are Christians, and a minority are atheists. Further, 100% of atheists are straight. This is unequivocal. Evidence everywhere indeed.

Once the importance of legitimate data and sample sizes sinks in, we'll all be waiting here to have a viable discussion about this with you. Until then, I'd recommend taking a break from the stream of ignorance you're currently issuing.

I personally know nine people who are openly gay. Of those nine, five of them are Christian, the other four are indifferent to religion.

I personally know six people who are consciously atheist (give enough of a crap about it to have such discussions). All six of us are straight.

So it follows that 56% of gays are Christians, and a minority are atheists. Further, 100% of atheists are straight. This is unequivocal. Evidence everywhere indeed.

I know 5 atheists, and they're all gay but one. I know hundreds of Christians, maybe one or two if that are gay. What's your point? Data everywhere is going to be a little different and you can't just act like it's not real because you don't agree with it or it's not in your favor.

No fair. I didn't realise we were allowed to make up our own facts in lieu of evidence.

Find the sentence where I said those were facts. They were simply observations, hence the use of words such as "roughly", and "most". No real numbers were provided. Try actually reading what I typed instead of searching for a way to be sarcasting and a smart 🤬 .

Last edited:
Here are the real numbers then. 243,986 members on GTP. At 75% that's 182,990 members who are "homo / atheist", whatever that means.

So how exactly did you contact each member to confirm this, @DBeav12 ? I don't remember you confirming anything with me.

Don't generalise or assume.

Find the sentence where I said those were facts. They were simply observations, hence the use of words such as "roughly", and "most". No real numbers were provided. Try actually reading what I typed instead of searching for a way to be sarcasting and a smart 🤬 .

Well you included the figures with a quote from me asking you for a source.

No sarcastination here. Learn to spell/use the internet/be more careful in future.

you can't just act like it's not real because you don't agree with it or it's not in your favor.

Until I see a Buck mounting another Buck, I'm not going to believe animals are gay. Say what you want or provide me with skewed scientific data, but it's a waste.

No real numbers were provided.

Of course they weren't. Because it's crap.

Try actually reading what I typed instead of searching for a way to be sarcasting and a smart 🤬 .

I wouldn't sarcast at you. That wouldn't be very Christian. You're pulling facts and figures out of your ass because you can't actually back anything up.

Here are the real numbers then. 243,986 members on GTP. At 75% that's 182,990 members who are "homo / atheist", whatever that means.

So how exactly did you contact each member to confirm this, @DBeav12 ? I don't remember you confirming anything with me.

Don't generalise or assume.

Look at the homosexual thread. 26.9% voted that homo. is 'Ok for anyone'. 51.8% voted that it's 'nobody's business but the people involved'. You can interpret those as whatever you want, but in my opinion, 'Ok for anyone' and 'nobody's business' were saying that homo. is Ok. In that case, roughly %75 of GTPlanet is homosexual. That's where I got that number from. Obviously, it is an estimate and is not 100% correct.

I know 5 atheists, and they're all gay but one. I know hundreds of Christians, maybe one or two if that are gay. What's your point? Data everywhere is going to be a little different and you can't just act like it's not real because you don't agree with it or it's not in your favor.

Part of me wants to take the time to explain my point, which you missed entirely. (Hint: the smaller font at the bottom.)

But I think I'd rather just :lol:

:lol:

Look at the homosexual thread. 26.9% voted that homo. is 'Ok for anyone'. 51.8% voted that it's 'nobody's business but the people involved'. You can interpret those as whatever you want, but in my opinion, 'Ok for anyone' and 'nobody's business' were saying that homo. is Ok. In that case, roughly %75 of GTPlanet is homosexual. That's where I got that number from. Obviously, it is an estimate and is not 100% correct.

Newsflash: Being accepting or tolerant of homosexuality DOES NOT MAKE ONE HOMOSEXUAL.

I wouldn't sarcast at you. That wouldn't be very Christian. You're pulling facts and figures out of your ass because you can't actually back anything up.

My guess is that while you were looking for sarcasm, you overlooked the 3 or 4 times I posted data...ok then. Whatever floats your boat.

Obviously.

Are you seriously suggesting that if you are of the belief that "homosexuality is fine" means that they themselves must be homosexuals? It hasn't occurred that a heterosexual can have no issues at all with homosexuality?

Seriously?

Take this up in the correct thread. This is the god thread; leave judging homosexuals to him, like the books tell us.

My guess is that while you were looking for sarcasm, you overlooked the 3 or 4 times I posted data...ok then. Whatever floats your boat.

You saying 'roughly 75%' once, based on a figure you've made up, does not constitute data.

Obviously.

Are you seriously suggesting that if you are of the belief that "homosexuality is fine" means that they themselves must be homosexuals? It hasn't occurred that a heterosexual can have no issues at all with homosexuality?

Seriously?

Take this up in the correct thread. This is the god thread; leave judging homosexuals to him, like the books tell us.

In my opinion, if you like homosexuals, and you think it's ok to be homosexual, then you may be/may be considered a homosexual. A person who is straight like myself wouldn't believe homosexuality is fine. A person who is gay on the other hand...
You saying 'roughly 75%' once, based on a figure you've made up, does not constitute data.

Take a look for yourself then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look for yourself then.

You're not actually answering anything.

That and how you're contradicting yourself a lot lead me to suspect you only have a vague-at-best-idea of what you're talking about. :)

Dbeav12
In my opinion, if you like homosexuals, and you think it's ok to be homosexual, then you may be/may be considered a homosexual. A person who is straight like myself wouldn't believe homosexuality is fine. A person who is gay on the other hand...

Wow! That's an awesome post. I love how iron-clad the logic is.

1) Think it's ok to be gay
2) ???
3) You must be gay.

underpants-gnomes.jpg

Fallacy.

No True Scotsman - Wiki

Person A / DBeav12: "No heterosexual is okay with homosexuality."
Person B / Liquid: "I am a heterosexual, and I am okay with homosexuality."
Person A / DBeav12: "Well, no true heterosexual is okay with homosexuality."

Please. Use logic, rationale and evidence not assumptions and fallacies.

Last edited:
Sweet Jesus, some sound reasoning here. So basically you're saying, if a straight person doesn't likes gays, then decides they do, that cognitive change is also accompanied by one causing you to want to sleep with them too? Some people who like gays are in fact gay, and many more are straight. There are plenty of straight people that like gays, and, interestingly, a lot of gay people who either don't like other gay people or don't like themselves, usually when they're still in the closet, mind.

You DP'd there, careful if you Google it.

What if... there's a homosexual who likes straight people, and they think it's okay to be straight... they're actually straight! You cured them!!!!

Please, go and find some real facts and come back informed.

The sound of one hand clapping...

You DP'd there, careful if you Google it.

What if... there's a homosexual who likes straight people, and they think it's okay to be straight... they're actually straight! You cured them!!!!

Please, go and find some real facts and come back informed.

The sound of one hand clapping...

You can look at the other 3 sources of facts I posted, or you can just ignore them and keep posting like you are along with the rest of the angry mob.

You can look at the other 3 sources of facts I posted, or you can just ignore them and keep posting like you are along with the rest of the angry mob.

Speaking of ignoring, would you care to review the fallacy I pointed out?

Fallacy.

No True Scotsman - Wiki

Person A / DBeav12: "No heterosexual is okay with homosexuality."
Person B / Liquid: "I am a heterosexual, and I am okay with homosexuality."
Person A / DBeav12: "Well, no true heterosexual is okay with homosexuality."

Please. Use logic, rationale and evidence not assumptions and fallacies.

I only saw one, the Barna report. The other was an elective register-to-be-counted poll. Didn't see the third and, if it was a good'un, I apologise. Why not post the link again, we're waiting open-mouthed. Grr.

You can look at the other 3 sources of facts I posted,

You've posted one 'rough guess' and one link to a thread where you've drawn incorrect conclusions.

These aren't 'facts' and I'm really not sure why you're struggling with the basic concept.

That's 75% of voting members being fully accepting of homosexuality. Some of those members may well be and probably are gay, but it's no guarantee that ALL of them are.
...Obviously, it is an estimate and is not 100% correct.

FFS I said that in the post. Nobody reads anymore. They just skip over what they don't want to hear.

Back