Do you believe in God?

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 24,478 comments

Do you believe in god?

• Of course, without him nothing would exist!

Votes: 623 30.5%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 368 18.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 1,050 51.5%

• Total voters
Yes it is an estimate and not 100% correct. But it happens to be an incredibly bold statement which you have as yet failed to back up other than making assumptions of people's motive to be tolerant towards homosexuals.

FFS I said that in the post. Nobody reads anymore. They just skip over what they don't want to hear.

giphy.gif

Yes it is an estimate and not 100% correct. But it happens to be an incredibly bold statement which you have as yet failed to back up other than making assumptions of people's motive to be tolerant towards homosexuals.

None of which is really to do with this thread anyway. I saw this thread had been kicked open again, and for just a brief second I thought we might stay on topic.

FFS I said that in the post. Nobody reads anymore. They just skip over what they don't want to hear.

Swearing not allowed, implied or otherwise. So, lead us through the estimation process, how did you arrive at such an apparently-ludicrous figure?

Obviously, it is an estimate and is not 100% correct.

I find a different part in that same post to be far more instructive:

Look at the homosexual thread. 26.9% voted that homo. is 'Ok for anyone'. 51.8% voted that it's 'nobody's business but the people involved'. You can interpret those as whatever you want, but in my opinion, 'Ok for anyone' and 'nobody's business' were saying that homo. is Ok. In that case, roughly %75 of GTPlanet is homosexual. That's where I got that number from. Obviously, it is an estimate and is not 100% correct.

Do you really think that a disingenuous disclaimer such as "estimate... not 100% correct" is enough to sneak your intellectually dishonest bigotry past us? Good luck.

I find a different part in that same post to be far more instructive:

Do you really think that a disingenuous disclaimer such as "estimate... not 100% correct" is enough to sneak your intellectually dishonest bigotry past us? Good luck.

Yeah, I like to sneak facts and proof past people sometimes. I think that's why everyone pretends like the didn't see them - cause they didn't due to my sneakiness.

1. The question in that poll is leading.

2. It was conducted by a christian organization, and posted on a christian website.

3. It polled other people about whether or not gays are atheist, instead of asking gays themselves.

Even with all of that built-in bias, it still failed to get a majority of respondents to agree with the answer it clearly wanted to get. :lol:

@DBeav12, the first shows that 6 out of 10 people don't think most homosexuals are also atheists. We saw that one... plus it's an elective survey (you have to WANT to vote to register to vote).

The second we've covered, a sample of 200 homosexuals out of 9,000 people should have set your big warning bell buzzing.

The third is this thread. Very well done... what was the point of that?

In my opinion, if you like homosexuals, and you think it's ok to be homosexual, then you may be/may be considered a homosexual. A person who is straight like myself wouldn't believe homosexuality is fine. A person who is gay on the other hand...

I present you with the following response, thanks to @FoolKiller...

Opinion poll, not evidence.
Insufficient sample size, biased sample pool, not scientific, not evidence.
A thread here. How is this thread a valid citation that most homosexuals are atheists?
In my opinion, if you like homosexuals, and you think it's ok to be homosexual, then you may be/may be considered a homosexual. A person who is straight like myself wouldn't believe homosexuality is fine. A person who is gay on the other hand...
I'm straight - as is my wife. We both think it's fine for a homosexual to be a homosexual.

I also think it's fine for smokers to smoke - I am a non-smoker. I think it's fine for someone who wants to take narcotics to take narcotics - I have never taken narcotics. I think it's fine for Catholics to be Catholic - I am not a Catholic.

See, you don't have to be the thing you don't object to. It's called "not being a nasty, small-minded bigot".

And we covered what an opinion that you can't back up is worth earlier.

Let's see your peer-reviewed, double-blinded survey that shows that at least a plurality of people who enjoy exclusive same-gender romance are non-religious to the point of atheism. You clearly have it, or you wouldn't be expressing this as an opinion - that'd just be silly.

Last edited:
Yeah, I like to sneak facts and proof past people sometimes. I think that's why everyone pretends like the didn't see them - cause they didn't due to my sneakiness.
We're not ignoring your 'facts'. We're debunking them as wrong.

You said, based upon the poll in the homosexuality thread, that roughly 75% of the GTPlanet population is gay. You based this on the (incorrect) assumption that someone who agrees with homosexuality is automatically gay with no regard to their actual sexuality.

In addition to this, this is only a poll of people who have participated in the homosexuality thread - less than 1200 people. It is also not a random sample, either and therefore is not a fair representation of the general GTPlanet population.

Is that rectum of yours plugged in or wireless?
He's got the new iRectum 5S.

I heard it's pretty crappy though.

See, you don't have to be the thing you don't object to. It's called "not being a nasty, small-minded bigot".
The way you see things is different than the way I see things, take it easy on the insults.

And we covered what an opinion that you can't back up is worth earlier.

Don't tell me I managed to sneak the 3 sources past you...welp... I tried. It's obvious nothing I say gets past the keyboard - it doesn't matter if it's fact or opinion. So, that's it for me. This thread has been a waste of my time as well as a waste of others' time I'm sure.

People of the thread: "Yay! He's gone." *launches fireworks & goes back to doing whatever atheists do when nobody's watching*

The way you see things is different than the way I see things, take it easy on the insults.
What insults? I said that people who accept things that others do that they don't do themselves aren't nasty small-minded bigots.

It has nothing to do with the way you see things, which is apparently to not accept anything you don't personally see and then ignore any evidence that it has been seen.
Don't tell me I managed to sneak the 3 sources past you...welp... I tried.
You posted precisely zero sources. I told you why.

Now let's see your peer-reviewed, double-blinded survey that shows that at least a plurality of people who enjoy exclusive same-gender romance are non-religious to the point of atheism. As I said before, you clearly have it, or you wouldn't be expressing this as an opinion - that'd just be silly. Opinions that not only cannot be supported but which are actively rebutted by evidence are opinions no-one sane should hold.
Roo
Why are you all feeding the troll?
"72.1% of people who don't approve of feeding the trolls are homosexual geese" - Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

Don't tell me I managed to sneak the 3 sources past you...welp... I tried. It's obvious nothing I say gets past the keyboard - it doesn't matter if it's fact or opinion. So, that's it for me. This thread has been a waste of my time as well as a waste of others' time I'm sure.

People of the thread: "Yay! He's gone." *launches fireworks & goes back to doing whatever atheists do when nobody's watching*

You actually posted something totally questionable and then contributed very poor sources to back yourself up.

Roo
Why are you all feeding the troll?

Because pretty much every discussion in here starts with something troll worthy.

The good ones are when the would-be troll realises that a higher standard of discussion is required and steps up to the plate.

The really good ones are when the would-be troll has been indoctrinated by their faith, and actually has no logical basis for their opinions at all. There's always the hope that they might learn something about empathy and how others think, but probably not.

Back