Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,512 comments
So Triple H was back last night following his positive Covid test, but it was probably the worst show of his reign so far.

It wasn't terrible, it was mediocre, a couple of things worth mentioning and the return of Nikki Cross as her old persona by the looks of it and she has ditched the superhero gimmick, she returned during the Belair-Bayley main event and attacked them both and that's how the show went off air.

One of the highlights of last night was Rhea Ripley powerslamming Luke Gallows! But there wasn't much else to be honest, no more matches made for Crown Jewel.

The main highlight from Smackdown was Sami Zayn making Roman Reigns and Jey Uso break character and they laughed at the 'Ucey' stuff during a great Bloodline segment.

Emma returned after five years away from WWE, she faced Ronda for the title in an open challenge and lost, There was more Bray Wyatt stuff and they guy in the mask is 'Uncle Howdy'. Usos v Butch & Ridge Holland for the tag titles and Bianca Belair v Bayley for the Raw women's title in a last women standing match have been made for Crown Jewel which is this Saturday.

Sheamus was attacked by the Bloodline last week and it was a way to write him off TV so he could get married, he got married on Friday with a few of his colleagues there. Seth and Becky, Drew McIntyre, Cesaro, Matt Riddle, Damien Preist plus Miro and CJ Perry were all guests.

Last edited:
So some of you may have noticed that WWE's Carmella has been off TV recently, and the reason for this is that she was pregnant but sadly she suffered a miscarriage in September and she also suffered something called an ectopic pregnancy on Sunday and spent 12 hours in A+E, wishing her and Corey the absolute best.

Haven't seen Raw but I hear it was a lot better than last week, the big news from is that the women's tag titles have perhaps surprisingly changed hands, Bliss and Asuka are the new champs.

Vince is officially "done done" as chairman and CEO of WWE, as declared by a company spokesman. However he is still the company's largest shareholder so he still has significant pull in the direction WWE could be taking, should he choose to exercise it.

Really? So Jeff Jarrett went from WWF/WWE, founding TNA, and now with AEW? Wow...
Let's not forget WCW too. He's been in just about every major rasslin' organization in North America at some point.
How-Jeff-Jarrett-Turned-A-Midcard-Career-Into-Multiple-World-Title-Reigns.jpg

Here is the card for WWE Crown Jewel on Saturday.

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship.
Alexa Bliss & Asuka (c) v Dakota Kai & Io Sky

Braun Strowman v Omos

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship.
The Usos (c) v The Brawling Brutes

Steel Cage Match.
Drew McIntyre v Karrion Kross

Bobby Lashley v Brock Lesnar

The Judgement Day v The O.C

Undisputed WWE Universal Championship.
Roman Reigns (c) v Logan Paul

It's a pretty good card but nothing amazing, Jake Paul will be in his brother's corner for his ass whopping.

Gunther v Rey Mysterio for the Intercontinental title is on Smackdown tonight.

So did any of you guys watch Crown Jewel.

I thought it was a very good show with some matches better than others, Logan Paul was great in his match with Roman, Roman won of course but Paul has a future in the WWE. However he said afterwards that he tore his ACL in his right leg during the match. Damage CTRL won back the women's tag title from Asuka and Alexa....who only held them for five days.

I couldn't watch it live because I was in work but I watched it when I got home.

Sounded like good matches but I'm just really apathetic about the whole thing right now. Sami Zayn is the only thing making the Bloodline worth watching for me.

So WWE pretty much killed Austin Theory, he cashed in his MITB for the US Championship against Seth Rollins and lost. And they have killed the 24/7 title off with Nikki Cross winning it then throwing it in a garbage bin after.

So WWE pretty much killed Austin Theory, he cashed in his MITB for the US Championship against Seth Rollins and lost. And they have killed the 24/7 title off with Nikki Cross winning it then throwing it in a garbage bin after.
Not too surprised about Theory, given how he's carried the poison chalice of being "Mr McMahon's handpicked protege" and all. I don't dislike him or anything, but I can imagine he's not getting anywhere near a title picture until they can repackage him enough times to make everyone forget that.

I don't remember whether the 24/7 was Vince's idea too, but it's definitely outstayed its welcome and slapstick backstage comedy isn't necessary to give people some screen time since they've basically decimated the roster over the last few months.

Mia Yim returned too, she has aligned with the OC to help with the Rhea Ripley issue they have had, she was previously in that rather rubbish Retribution group.

I think that's the point where SafeSearch finally tells you "No. Eat 🤬!". It's a neat idea, but needed an outside eye to warn them...or it's intentional to get attention, which mission accomplished.
They knew exactly what they were doing. Not like it's the first time in recent memory they gave a show a double entendre name, after all... remember when everyone was giggling over this one?

KYw2wqm.jpg

Smackdown should be pretty good tonight.

WWE tag title match between the Usos and New Day which has been hyped up in recent days and weeks, this is because Usos are closing in on New Day's record setting tag title reign so if Usos retain then they will be a week or so away from breaking it, if New Day win the titles it'll be interesting to see what happens in the Bloodline after.

Also a multi-person match to determine next challenger for Ronda Rousey's women's title plus Smackdown World Cup starts, which is probably just a gimmick as the Football/Soccer World Cup starts in 10 days.

Usos beat New Day in a great match and retained the titles, they will become longest reigning tag champs in WWE history on Monday.

Viking Raiders and Sarah Logan returned to take out Hit Row and Del Fantasma, Smackdown World Cup started with first round matches, Santos Escobar beat Shinsuke Nakamura and Strowman beat Jinder Mahal to progress to the semi finals and the winner gets an Intercontinental title shot, Shotzi won the six pack to challenge to face Ronda Rousey for the women's title at War Games, looks like it could be Bloodline v Brawling Brutes & Drew McIntyre in the men's War Games match after what went down in the main event segment.

Good show last night.

Survivor Series War Games is this Sunday, shaping up to be a great show, both War Games matches look good, triple threat match for the US title has been made too, Rollins v Lashley v Theory.

Becky Lynch is back! She is the fifth member of Belair's War Games team, looks like she is back in her old 'The Man' persona.

Here is the card for WWE Survivor Series: War Games tonight.

AJ Styles v Finn Balor

United States Championship-Triple Threat Match.
Seth Rollins (c) v Bobby Lashley v Austin Theory

Smackdown Women's Championship.
Ronda Rousey (c) v Shotzi

Women's War Games Match.
Bianca Belair, Alexa Bliss, Asuka, Mia Yim & Becky Lynch v Damage CTRL, Nikki Cross & Rhea Ripley

Men's War Games Match.
The Bloodline v The Brawling Brutes, Drew McIntyre & Kevin Owens

Back