Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,513 comments
A pretty standard Raw this Monday with nothing really much happening sadly, Damage CTRL battered Belair, Asuka and Bliss in the main event bit, both shows are really crying out for a main champion to be on them, it's starting to harm them.

Chad Gable actually managed to pull off a German Suplex on Braun Strowman in one of the shows highlights, Judgment Day are fast becoming one of the best things on the show too.

It's the season premiere of Raw next week (wasn't this week, my bad) with DX 25th anniversary celebration. The latest 'White Rabbit' QR code had co-ordinates which is the location for Extreme Rules this Saturday.

Last edited:
There was a backstage altercation between Andrade and Sammy Guevara before AEW last night, there was pushing and shoving and punches thrown, Andrade was sent home.

Two backstage altercations in the space of a month is not a good look for AEW.

Last edited:
Just what is going on over there?

Also the commentary teams in WWE have shuffled and Raw will also be a 2 man team. Jimmy Smith has left the company and Wade Barret will be moving to Smackdown with Booker T replacing him for NXT

New WWE commentary and announce teams.

Raw
Kevin Patrick and Corey Graves commentary, Mike Romo announcer, Cathy Kelly and Byron Saxton backstage interviewers

Smackdown:
Michael Cole and Wade Barrett commentary, Samantha Irvine announcer, Kayla Braxton and Megan Morant backstage interviewers

NXT
Vic Joseph and Booker T commentary, Alicia Taylor announcer, Mackenzie Mitchell backstage interviewer

Jimmy Smith has left the company and Cathy Kelly returns, Raw goes back to two man commentary, Pat Mcafee will still return to Smackdown so Barrett might only be there for the time being.

At the live events it will be Cole and Graves commentary.

New WWE commentary and announce teams.

Raw
Kevin Patrick and Corey Graves commentary, Mike Romo announcer, Cathy Kelly and Byron Saxton backstage interviewers

Smackdown:
Michael Cole and Wade Barrett commentary, Samantha Irvine announcer, Kayla Braxton and Megan Morant backstage interviewers

NXT
Vic Joseph and Booker T commentary, Alicia Taylor announcer, Mackenzie Mitchell backstage interviewer

Jimmy Smith has left the company and Cathy Kelly returns, Raw goes back to two man commentary, Pat Mcafee will still return to Smackdown so Barrett might only be there for the time being.

At the live events it will be Cole and Graves commentary.

2 things:

1)I never get why WWE starts new seasons this time of the year when Wrestlemania is supposed to be the ultimate WWE event where most main storylines end... It should be the "final chapter" for many WWE year-lasting storylines and then start the new season on the RAW after mania... Not only it makes Wrestlemania more special, but also it can give the writers some room and ideas for cool new season storylines following the adrenaline rush of Wrestlemania...

2)R.I.P 2015 tough enough winner Sara Lee 😔

images (3).jpeg

Here is the card for WWE Extreme Rules tonight.

Good Old Fashioned Donnybrook match.
The Brawling Brutes v Imperium

Strap Match.
Drew McIntyre v Karrion Kross

I Quit Match.
Edge v Finn Balor

Fight Pit Match.
Matt Riddle v Seth Rollins
(Daniel Cormier-special guest referee)

Smackdown Women's Championship-Extreme Rules Match.
Liv Morgan (c) v Ronda Rousey

Raw Women's Championship-Ladder Match.
Bianca Belair (c) v Bayley

It's a good card, lack of title matches but the booking and build up to the show has been strong.

Smackdown last night then, Zelina Vega returned and joined Legado Del Fantasma as they attacked Hit Row, Max Dupri turned back into LA Knight, Bad night for the Bloodline as Usos and Sami lost to New Day and Braun and still more tension between Sami and Jey, Logan Paul tried to stir things up with the Bloodline during the face to face but it didn't work.

Main event was Gunther v Sheamus rematch for the IC title and it was just as good if not better than the first, it was brilliant and the crowd loved it, there was some confusion with Gunther 'taping out' but I don't think he did, but Gunther did cheat to win and is still champion.

There was another QR code teaser and a teaser trailer as well, there was also a guy dressed as a white rabbit walking though the arena, we will find out what all this has been about tonight, if it's not Bray Wyatt I will be stunned!

Have been hearing that the women's ladder match or the fight pit will main event, there are big plans for both.

In Impact News, Bully Ray returned and won the Gauntlet Match to a free title shot within a year.

Surprised he's still going given he's 51 at this point. Probably to give a push to Josh Alexander

Extreme Rules 2022 Results
Match 1: The Brawling Brutes defeated Imperium in a Good Old Fashioned Donnybrook Match

Match 2: Ronda Rousey defeated Liv Morgan in an Extreme Rules Match to become the new Smackdown Women's Champion

Match 3: Karion Kross defeated Drew McIntyre in a Strap Match

Match 4: Bianca Belair retains the RAW Women's Championship against Bayley in a Ladder Match

Match 5: Finn Balor defeated Edge in an I Quit Match

Match 6: Matt Riddle defeated Seth Rollins in a Fight Pit Match

Bray Wyatt returns before the show ended

Right then, I couldn't see the show live as I had work today but I have now seen it and here are my thoughts.

Donnybrook match was a great opener and a lot of fun, Sheamus getting the pin maybe means he will get another shot at Gunther which I wouldn't mind at all as the two matches they have had have been brilliant, sadly the next two matches were poor IMO.

Morgan v Rousey was just a bad match, the baseball bat and chair shots were weak and it felt they didn't have good chemistry, Rousey won the title after Morgan passed out to a submission move which I didn't recognize, she didn't tap out however but her first title reign hasn't been great, Karrion Kross's return has been underwhelming, all the attacks from behind and getting Scarlett to cause distraction and sadly there was more of it last night, The match was okay and the strap shots sounded brutal but Scarlett pepper-spraying Drew which led to Kross winning was a horrible finish. Haven't been impressed with Kross since he came back at all.

The good news was that it was back to the great matches starting with Belair retaining against Bayley. It was just a very good match with a good flow to it and they had some good chemistry, the double KOD to both Kai and Sky was a nice spot. Then for me was the match of the night, the first half of the I Quit match was good with them fighting in the arena and things like that but I felt it needed more, and then that 'more' happened! Rhea handcuffed Edge to the ring ropes which led to an attack by the rest of Judgment Day, Dominik battered his own father! Edge hit Balor with three spears and it looked like he was going to win, Beth Phoenix appeared to help Edge, but then they forced Edge to say I Quit with Rhea threatening to hit Beth with a conchairto, which she then did! Very chaotic end to the match which kept you on your toes.

The Fight Pit main event was good but not great IMO, Riddle needed that win and he taped Rollins out, they dressed the Pit up with some light and decals but I don't think the crowd were really on board as it was pretty muted during the match, but after the match the show seemingly went off air and the closing credits were displayed, the lights went out, a distorted version of 'the whole world in his hands' played and the characters of Firefly funhouse appeared plus they showed the set of the funhouse which looked all run down, then Bray Wyatt appeared and blow out his lantern...and that was it, Bray is back and the crowd loved it and he got a huge pop, full credit to WWE for how they handled his return, not just last night but in the past three weeks with the QR codes and stuff, it's just been absolutely brilliant.

With Morgan possibly turning heel, I can see her joining Bray if he's keeping his Fiend status. I think she was originally going to be under his control rather than Bliss.

Bo Dallas is also rumored to return.

Last edited:
There are rumours of a Wyatt faction called 'Wyatt 6'.

Raw should be great tonight, feels like the Raw after Mania.

Gallows and Anderson did indeed return last night to team up again with AJ Styles to help him with Judgment Day.

Brock Lesnar also returned to attack Bobby Lashley just before his title match with Seth Rollins, it seems a bit random but there is a Saudi show coming up so where there is a Saudi show Brock will be there. Lashley still had his match with Seth but despite being a bit battered himself Seth won the match and is new US Champion. Lashley later challenged Brock to show up next week.

There was more tension bubbling between the Usos and Sami, Sami faced Riddle in the main event match but he lost clean without interference from the Usos who were ringside, Bray Wyatt wasn't there but the showed his return in full again and there was another QR code plus a little teaser thing with a guy in the mask saying 'Revel in what you are', Dexter Lumis continues to take out the Miz and we still don't have a reason why yet, Miz faces Lumis on Raw next week.

Gargano and Theory had a good match, the DX thing was good and it went fine without interruption.

Have been reading that Bray Wyatt will be on Smackdown going forward, seems fine to me.

Rey Mysterio is number 1 contender to Gunther's IC title. Karrion Kross was involved in a car crash with Drew McIntyre and then attacked by Drew after and he was supposed to be in the fatal four-way main event to determine who faces Gunther, later on Rey tried to quit WWE after what happened with Dominik but Triple H changed his mind and Rey is now apart of Smackdown roster and took Kross spot in the four-way along with Ricochet, Sikoa and Sheamus, Rey pined Ricochet to win with Jey Uso and Sami getting involved with Sheamus and Brawling Brutes.

Bray was legit emotional during his promo, he thanked the fans and said that the past year had been tough with him losing two people closest to him (we all know one of them) he had new theme music and was interrupted by the guy in the mask.

Day 1 event in January has been ditched so it looks like we will have around a two-month build up for Royal Rumble.

Day 1 event in January has been ditched so it looks like we will have around a two-month build up for Royal Rumble.
Unless we get a replacement announced sometime.

Although supposedly the events are getting a huge shuffle now. More focus on International events like Clash at the Castle and less "Gimmick Shows" like Hell in a Cell.

Which, I am all for, I thought the 2009 PPV Shuffle was a horrible idea that hurt storyline potential. We only need Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank (although Money in the Bank can just be in a different event instead of its own)

Last edited:
Triple H has tested positive for Covid so will not be at the Raw taping tonight, Road Dogg will be in charge behind the scenes.

Wishing Triple H a speedy recovery and hopefully it won't be too bad, especially with his previous heart problems.

Seth Rollins retained the US title after a good match v Riddle, Elias weirdly got involved and Rollins was attacked by Mustapha Ali after, this came after Ali challenged Rollins to a match earlier on the show but Rollins attacked him.

You may remember about a month ago when Baron Corbin got in a car with Bullhorns on the bonnet which was seemingly JBL's car, well last night JBL was there and introduced Corbin, Corbin has swapped with Rey Mysterio and is now on Raw and has new attire and ring music, JBL gave a good heel promo but he looked a bit stupid as he was wearing suit trousers that were at least four sizes too big for him, Corbin then beat Ziggler in a good match but the whole JBL/Corbin thing feels a bit weak to be honest.

Lashley and Lesnar had a great pull-apart brawl angle to start the show, Miz v Lumis didn't happen as Miz attacked Lumis with a chair before the match, curiously Jonny Gargano was telling the Miz to tell the truth about himself and Lumis or he will, Dominik picked up a surprise win over AJ Styles but there was a lot of distraction from OC and Judgment Day, OC beat Alpha Academy in their first match back.

Two matches made for Crown Jewel in two weeks as The OC v Judgment Day and Lesnar v Lashley were made official, Damage CTRL will put their tag titles on the line v Raquel & Shotzi on Smackdown plus Bayley will have a women's title re-match v Bianca Belair on Raw next week, NXT Halloween Havoc is this Saturday also, so plenty to look forward too.

Some interesting rumours regarding CM Punk.

Reports saying that AEW are considering buying him out of his contract with the company, and that WWE would be interested in having him back...

Braun Strowman v Omos and Drew McIntyre v Karrion Kross steel cage match have both been made for Crown Jewel.

Fairly standard Smackdown sadly but still some interesting things going on with Bray Wyatt and Liv Morgan.

Back