Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,513 comments
So Sasha Banks is officially done with WWE, she debuted for New Japan at Wrestle-Kingdom under name Mercedes Mone (Mercedes is her real first name), she came out to attack and challenge Kairi Sane with a new look, Naomi and Bayley were also there to support her.

From the sources I read, Mercedes could be AEW bound and team with Saraya while Naomi will return to WWE soon (maybe not Royal Rumble)

Couple of big bits of WWE news.

Firstly WWE will be going back to the UK for a major show following the success of Clash At The Castle last year, this time Money In The Bank will take place at London's 02 Arena on July 1st.

Secondly, since Vince retired that has been a lot of speculation and rumors that he would try to come back, today we got news of his plans to return, he looks set to be re-appointed to the board of directors along with two others, apparently he will be more on the media side of things and eventually will try and sell the company, there has been a lot of reaction to this as you can imagine and quite a lot of it is overboard, just because he plans to return doesn't mean he actually will, I think Paul and Stephanie will have a lot to say about it.

Correction, Vince HAS made a big stonks play. He is only on the board with two "lackeys" to be nice, but I don't hold faith he won't intentionally nuke the company from within.

They have confirmed he is back on the board, as long as he is nowhere near creative then its fine but I do have a feeling he'll try to destroy the company.

The Viking Raiders attacked Sheamus and McIntyre after the show ended. I really want to see where they go with this.

Haven't seen the show yet but I heard the whole Bloodline/Sami stuff was great again.

Have now seen Friday's Smackdown, I am now firmly of the belief that this whole Bloodline/Sami Zayn stuff is the best thing in WWE right now, more great stuff on Friday when Roman verbally laid into him in the middle of the ring after Sami 'lost' the tag match with Roman and Owens/Cena last week, Reigns later apologized but he then put Sami in a match with Kevin Owens on this week's Smackdown, Roman Reigns v Kevin Owens for the title has been made for the Royal Rumble. But everything about it is just perfect. The emotion, the gaslighting, Sami playing his role perfectly, I think we all know that Bloodline will eventually turn on Sami but the journey towards that is just brilliant.

Elsewhere Hit Row have turned heel and they attacked Ricochet after his match with Top Dolla, I don't mind this at all as Hit Rpwn haven't been great since joining SD and it was about time they did something.

Something interesting on Raw last night, there was a tag team turmoil match where the winner got a future Raw tag title match....not Undisputed tag title match, anyway it was a great main event which took up most of the last hour, teams involved were Gallows/Anderson, Benjamin/Alexander, Alpha Academy, Street Profits...and the eventual winners being Judgement Day who actually started the match and were involved for over fifty minutes, Balor and Priest started but when Balor was 'injured' Dominik took his place for the final match against the Profits, its well worth watching if you haven't seen it yet especially the last part with Profits and Judgement Day which was superb. I don't mind Judgement Day winning as its something different.

Elsewhere Uncle Howdy made his first Raw appearance during the Alexa Bliss bit but he didn't actually do anything, Bobby Lashley returned after four weeks away and look like he might be back with MVP. Lashley, Theory and Rollins all pretty much declared themselves for the Rumble match, I'm loving these Cody Rhodes vignettes and last night's one was the best yet.

About the only remote evidence pointing towards something about a sale. Even if it were to be announced, still plenty of regulatory hurdles between this and Vince to stall out

Last 24 hours have been crazy though, and one thing we can confirm is that Stephanie McMahon has left WWE after eight months as CEO, Nick Khan is now the only CEO at the company and out of the 12 original board members at the start of this year only five remain.

Oh and we are only 11 days into 2023!

Last edited:
Talent meeting before Smackdown tonight, quite a big show as well with Gunther v Strowman IC title match and Kevin Owens v Sami Zayn.

Stephanie McMahon had ankle surgery today so that could be the reason why she left, another interesting report was that apparently Nick Khan was at an NFL game on Monday night with CEO's of Disney and ESPN.

Seems that AEW is interested in buying WWE. Don't know if that's a good thing or not...
Ghost of WCW Past:
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Some more really interesting Bloodline/Sami stuff last night, before his match he was told by Paul that he would have too do it alone with no Roman, Usos or Solo. they had the match, it was brilliant as expected from them two, but it looked like Sami had the match won and was setting up for the helluva kick when Usos and Solo came out of nowhere to attack Owens and put him through the table as the match went to a no contest, Sami looked unsure through-out and looked like he was wondering if he was doing the right thing.

Elsewhere Gunther and Strowman had good match for the IC title in which Gunther retained, he pinned Braun clean after a big powerbomb which looked messy but you can forgive that given Braun's size. Rey Mysterio returned from his foot injury and declared himself for the Rumble match, he was interrupted by Karrion Kross who has beef with him for no apparent reason and he put Rey in the Kross jacket, there will be a Smackdown tag title contenders tournament starting next week with Sheamus and Drew facing Viking Raiders, it definitely looks like they are separating the tag titles now.

A talent meeting took place before the show where the recent developments where discussed, it was comfirmed that Vince was back on the board but there was to be no chances to day-to day stuff and he wasn't going to be involved in the creative side of things, he's only really there to try and facilitate a sale of WWE.

Well one (of possibly two) open secrets of the 2023 Royal Rumble confirmed. Still say it should've been a "surprise" return.

Also, Bloodline. Acknowledgment Ceremony. Apparently as many living people of said bloodline involved in wrestling.
The Rock Wrestling GIF by WWE

Raw wasn't great last night, it had some good stuff here and there but mostly it was just fluff.

It was mostly building for Raw 30 which is next week, matches made for it are a steel cage match between Bayley and Becky Lynch, US title match between Theory and Lashley, Raw tag title match between Usos and Judgment Day plus WWE Legends turning will be on the show such as Undertaker, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle etc.

The main event match last night was good, it was a six way elimination match to determine who would face Theory next week for the title, Lashley won but also involved was Ziggler, Corbin, Balor, Miz and Rollins, it was a good match that they gave a fair amount of time too, Lashley won eventually after MVP and Omos got involved which led to him winning, there have been several hints and seeds that Hurt Business are getting back together, the first segment of the show was also good with the stare down between Rhea Ripley and Solo Sikoa.

Bayley and Becky will have a steel cage match after they had an awkward segment at the top of the second hour, like I said the middle part of the show wasn't brilliant.

Today, Ring of Honor (ROH) wrestler Jay Briscoe was killed in car accident in Laurel, Delaware. At the time of his death, Briscoe was one half of the ROH World Tag Team champions with Mark Briscoe in which they held in their thirteenth reign. He was also a two-time ROH World Champion and was the second holder of the title to die after Xavier who died in 2020. He was a holder of the ROH Six-Man Tag Team Championship and a ROH Hall of Famer. Furthermore, Briscoe is the first ROH Hall of Famer and incumbent titleholder to die.

What I'm expecting tomorrow is a ten-bell salute on AEW Dynamite tomorrow to reflect Briscoe's death. It could be the second time AEW have done so. May Jay Briscoe rest in peace.

Last edited:
I rarely watch any Wrestling outside of WWE, but I am of course aware of the Briscoes, the reaction to his death and the outpouring of grief that I have seen since the news really does say a lot about him not just as a performer but as a father and husband and perhaps as a human being too. I have seen so many great stories about him. Its seems like he was a great man who will be missed...

Michael Cole even mentioned Briscoe during the Tag Team Tournament. KO even sported an armband with his name on it.

Also, the Firefly Funhouse is back!

Last edited:
Back