Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,510 comments
So there was another fire on social media last night, started by Tony Khan.

He said that it was a bit of a joke that Jinder Mahal gets a title shot after not winning a match in a year but Hook has earned his AEW title shot, everyone rallied round Jinder after this and Tony came across like a bit of a dick and its not the first he's done this either.

Jinder was trending on X in the US for a while and he tweeted asking who tf Hook was.

So there was another fire on social media last night, started by Tony Khan.

He said that it was a bit of a joke that Jinder Mahal gets a title shot after not winning a match in a year but Hook has earned his AEW title shot, everyone rallied round Jinder after this and Tony came across like a bit of a dick and its not the first he's done this either.

Jinder was trending on X in the US for a while and he tweeted asking who tf Hook was.
Now Jinder Mahal will win the World Heavyweight Championship just to spite Tony Khan.

Still better reason to win than the WWE Championship reign because India

Last edited:
AEW news for next week: Somoa Joe defends the AEW Championship against Hook.

Tony Khan fears Jinder Mahal :lol:

Last edited:
I'm Okay with Jinder getting a World title shot from out of nowhere.

He has never been known to be a good talker but he held his own and kept up with one of the best talkers in the industry in the Rock a couple of weeks ago and even though the Rock got all the headlines Jinder fully played his part in that segment, I think this is him getting rewarded for it, I can maybe see Jinder winning it but I don't think it'll happen.

Advertised stuff for Smackdown tonight.

Randy Orton, AJ Styles and LA Knight prepare for Roman Reigns
Bianca Belair v Bayley
Cameron Grimes v Grayson Waller
Joaquin Wilde & Cruz Del Toro v Humberto Carillo & Angel Garza

WWE put out a new R-Truth/Judgment Day shirt out on Wednesday and its already the top selling shirt on WWE Shop. :lol:

The Rock and Roman Reigns are currently not advertised for Elimination Chamber next month.

Randy Orton, AJ Styles and LA Knight prepare for Roman Reigns
Bianca Belair v Bayley
Cameron Grimes v Grayson Waller
Joaquin Wilde & Cruz Del Toro v Humberto Carillo & Angel Garza

WWE put out a new R-Truth/Judgment Day shirt out on Wednesday and its already the top selling shirt on WWE Shop. :lol:

The Rock and Roman Reigns are currently not advertised for Elimination Chamber next month.
Yeah I heard either Reigns or Rocks part time schedule conflicts with them appearing at Elimination Chamber. This is absolutely ridiculous, thank lord there is another World Title and for crying out loud why is Elimination Chamber have to be the only gimmick PPV saved, its should be dropped like the others.

Speaking of which on what you said before, I agree Jinder getting the title shot here is fine, it actually makes more sense and more organic than his WWE Title push in 2017 which was nothing more than a publicity stunt. Jinder getting a World title shot here feels like an attempt to tell a story whether its a short one to fill time before the Rumble or they have actual plans for Jinder Mahal.

Last edited:
Carmelo Hayes and Austin Theory had a nasty spot in their match with both landing on their heads. Referee stopped the match and they were taken in the back. They are both okay.

Great ending to Smackdown with Orton, Styles and Knight putting Solo through the announce table with a Shield bomb.

Bayley is definitely getting kicked out of Damage CTRL and turning face, Belair won clean in their match but Bayley tried to get the group involved but they wouldn't do it. The faction involving Karrion Kross, Scarlett, The AOP and Paul Ellering is called The Final Testament, Bobby Lashley and The Street Profits group is going to be called The Pride.

Great ending to Smackdown with Orton, Styles and Knight putting Solo through the announce table with a Shield bomb.

Bayley is definitely getting kicked out of Damage CTRL and turning face, Belair won clean in their match but Bayley tried to get the group involved but they wouldn't do it. The faction involving Karrion Kross, Scarlett, The AOP and Paul Ellering is called The Final Testament, Bobby Lashley and The Street Profits group is going to be called The Pride.
Damage CTRL angle currently the only thing keeping me invested in Smackdown right now, I like the slow burn of Bayley being outcasted.

CM Punk has just been announced for Elimination Chamber, so if we don't get Rock or Roman at least we get Punk.

It was TNA's comeback show last night called Hard To Kill, there were three former WWE stars who featured.

AJ Francis, who was known as Top Dolla
Ash By Elegance, who was known as Dana Brooke
Nic Nemeth, who was known as Dolph Ziggler

Slightly concerned they starting off the rebranding back to TNA ending with an ex WWE guy which TNA was mocked for back then however I think it potentially could lead somewhere for TNA

Advertised for Raw tonight.

Seth Rollins v Jinder Mahal, World title match.
Cody Rhodes will open the show.
Finn Balor & Damien Priest v Miz & R-Truth, non title match.
Gunther returns.
DIY v Dominik & JD

I was very impressed on Akira Tozawa upsetting Ivar of the Viking Raiders last night. That was the "Wow!" moment of the night to me.

Slightly concerned they starting off the rebranding back to TNA ending with an ex WWE guy which TNA was mocked for back then however I think it potentially could lead somewhere for TNA
I wouldn't worry as much this time. Nic/Dolph rarely was handled right and most fans recognize he can still be a potential top champion. And this TNA seems to understand what they are and knows what they are doing.

Seth Rollins did pick up a knee injury in his match with Jinder, it could be ligament damage and he will a scan, we should know more either tomorrow or Thursday.

Enjoyed the show, the title match main event was pretty standard, really good confrontation between McIntyre and Rhodes at the start.

Seth Rollins did pick up a knee injury in his match with Jinder, it could be ligament damage and he will a scan, we should know more either tomorrow or Thursday.

Enjoyed the show, the title match main event was pretty standard, really good confrontation between McIntyre and Rhodes at the start.
If I recall correctly, Seth has playing a fine line with being injured during this title run, I hope he is ok and didn't strain himself too hard.

Its definitely starting to take its toll on him, if he is okay then he needs to take a break whenever he drops the title.

A few reports today that Brock Lesnar will return to WWE TV soon, not surprising given Mania isn't far away. I can't really see him going after the two main titles, Gunther v Lesnar would be good!

Kazuchika Okada reportedly wants to try his talents as a free agent when his deal comes up early next year...

...wait...TONY KHAN PUT DOWN YOUR CHECKBOOK YOU DON'T NEED A NEW SHINY ALREADY

Seth Rollins has suffered a torn MCL and torn meniscus, now its not that a serious injury and his time out will depend on if he needs surgery, with surgery its 4-6 weeks out and without surgery its 3-4 weeks, all that means he should be fine for Mania and he wasn't scheduled to defend his title at the Rumble anyway, it could have been a lot worse.

Reigns/Orton/Styles/Knight contract signing for the title match.
Randy Orton v Solo Sikoa
Kayden Carter & Katana Chance v Isla Dawn & Alba Fyre, women's tag title match.
Tyler Bate & Butch v Pretty Deadly
Kevin Owens show with Logan Paul as guest.
Carlito/Del Toro/Wilde v Escobar/Carillo/Garza

Seems a bit silly that the only person who looks strong and a threat to Roman Reigns is the Smackdown GM Nick Aldis :lol:.

No one in the Fatal 4 Way is worth investing into. Can we scrap it for a promo off between Paul Heyman and Nick Aldis, we already know Reigns is winning

Pete Dunne has got his name back and is no longer called Butch, he is listed as Pete Dunne on WWE.com.

Austin Theory suffered a concussion in his match with Carmelo Hayes last week but we are getting that match again next week.

Back