Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,510 comments
Cody Rhodes, Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley are the cover stars of the new upcoming WWE 2K24, Cody is on the cover of the standard edition with Bianca and Rhea both on the deluxe edition of the game. Its well deserved for all three and I know its not as big as winning a world title or main-eventing Wrestlemania but being on the cover of a video game is still a cool achievement to have.

Advertised stuff for Raw tonight.

Seth Rollins will open the show with an update on his future.
Drew McIntyre v Damian Priest.
Cody Rhodes and CM Punk face to face.
The Miz v Dominik Mysterio.
Chad Gable v Ivar.
Ivy Nile v Valhalla.

Its Royal Rumble week, the show is this Saturday.

I do appreciate the build to the Rumble match, at least on Raw side. HHH trying to make it seem like there is much more potential winners than in the past where its either 2 horse race or just a coronation for the definite winner. First Mens Royal Rumble match Ive been excited for since 2017. Makes an upset winner feel possible and even then, the interactions during the match look to be exciting

Last edited:
Enjoyed the show, CM Punk and Cody Rhodes promo exchange was the definite highlight and you guys should see it if you haven't, it was excellent.

I was looking forward to the main event but I think they spoiled it by adding R-Truth, I have loved Truth lately but they could have easily used him in the Miz/Dom match earlier in the show and kept the main event uninterrupted.

Huge news about Raw being on Netflix, and about the Rock signing up to be an executive on TKO, which is WWE's parent company.

That Cody Rhodes vs. CM Punk faceoff was GREAT. Talk about verbal haymakers and pipe bombs! "I'm more 'American Dream' than you." "I'm more CM Punk than you." I'm sure they are going to rip each other apart come Royal Rumble. And had I the money, I'd see it!

Nice to see William Regal back on TV. He was really good with MJF over in AEW but you understand wanting to work with his kid.
One of my favourite wrestlers ever, going back to the WCW days.

Raw on a universal streaming service is quite a huge deal as it makes it widely accessible and easy to delve into for casual viewers. Big pull for both WWE and Netflix

I have Netflix so this is good for me as I can finally watch it without relying on Youtube highlights or looking up results online

Last edited:
Michael Cole will take over Smackdown comms with Corey Graves for this Friday at least, he is in the area anyway for the Rumble. Shame about Kevin Patrick, he was liked but it didn't work out.

Seth Rollins has said his knee will keep him out for about a month, meaning Mania is still on for him...and maybe a match before the show?

The allegations are horrific, if you haven't seen them be warned.

Vince is surely out now, can't see a way back for him after this.

So despite the horrible news of the past 24 hours the show does indeed go on.

Here is the advertised stuff for Smackdown tonight.

LA Knight v Solo Sikoa
Carlito v Santos Escobar
Bobby Lashley/Street Profits and The Final Testament face to face.
Kayden Carter/Katana Chance v Kabuki Warriors-women's tag title match.

Royal Rumble is tomorrow night.

Last edited:
The Slim Jim sponsorship is the biggest deal in WWE's history and there have been reports that another company were considering a deal with WWE but are no longer interested.

Money is the quickest way to force a company's hand.

So Vince is gone, he resigned this morning.

Royal Rumble is tonight, one of the best events of the year. Here is the card.

Women's Royal Rumble Match.
Confirmed participants

Bayley, Bianca Belair, Nia Jax, Zelina Vega, Isla Dawn, Alba Fyre, Shotzi & Becky Lynch.

United States Championship.
Logan Paul (c) v Kevin Owens

WWE Undisputed Universal Championship-Fatal Four Way Match
Roman Reigns (c) v Randy Orton v AJ Styles v LA Knight

Men's Royal Rumble Match.
Confirmed Participants.

Cody Rhodes, CM Punk, Drew McIntyre, Bobby Lashley, Santos Escobar, Shinsuke Nakamura, Gunther, Damien Priest, Kofi Kingston, Jimmy Uso, Carlito, Austin Theory, Grayson Waller & R-Truth.

Only the four matches but the Rumble matches will take up most of the show, I do think the schedule will be in that order.

A few other bits of news following Smackdown last night.

NXT''s Elektra Lopez and Trick Williams made their main roster debuts.
Slim Jim have now returned after Vince's resignation.
CM Punk has trained with some NXT stars.
Michael Cole did say that NXT will make up both Rumble matches tonight.
The Kabuki Warriors are new women's tag champs.

Darla Starch of the future, yell at Darla of the past if the Men's Rumble doesn't recreate the ending to the '94 match (because I have a feeling now's as good a chance as any to recreate it)

With Vince gone, I could see it happen.

AEW thought: So Sting's last match is a tag bout. I can't see Darby turning on him...any chance there's some smoke and mirrors bit so the Bucks basically kick the face paint off of him?

Back