Doge meme

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 495 comments

How much do you like the Doge meme?

• Total voters
So Doge is just putting one color Comic Sans text that is bad grammar over a stock photo

Could be worse (coughPoniescough)

14i5.jpg

I just don't understand what the words have to do with a picture of a dog?
Very internal.
Such monologue.
Wow.
Very humour.

Tables were just there to make a point.

At least Doge stands on its own merits.

It is very often stupid. however.

Wow.
Such principles.
Very keyboard.
Much warrior.
Wow.
Lots insecurity.
Very tinfoil

Last edited:
I don't see why it's so funny, it's been pointed out multiple times that it's nothing but a picture of a dog with misspelled words over it.

TB
With comments.
Like this.
I'm starting.
To understand.
Why.
I don't like it.
When people use the Doge talk in this format, without any context or picture, it just doesn't make sense to me. Is it then considered an inside joke which only people who post like that get? Is it an attempt to be annoying to those the poster knows will be annoyed by it? Because to me it looks like someone intentionally typing a post using what is supposed to be dog monologue, which doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you want to "talk" like a dog?

TB
With comments.
Like this.
I'm starting.
To understand.
Why.
I don't like it.
Yeah, when people go out of their way to be obnoxious about it is when I even start to get a little tired of it. Which is unfortunate, because I actually like this avatar and want to be able to enjoy doge.

The problem with those comments is no-one does them right.
They needs to be in Comic Sans font and each line needs to be a different colour.
However, most of us can't work out how to colour it all with the new tools.

So say for example you take a picture of a cat, use the same font and the same grammar...what is the real difference here?

It's not doge.
There's no reason behind it. Why is any meme popular? You could easily replace many of the popular meme images with others and the meaning would stay the same. It just so happens that this one image became popular and to try and understand why would be a pointless exercise. I look at it the same way as viral youtube videos. There's plenty of silly stuff on youtube, but some videos just become insanely popular for no real reason.

How do people pronounce it?
Is it just pronounced the same as dog, is it doggie or doje?
I personally say doje.

I usually find it funny, it's very hit and miss though.

I don't know why this merits a discussion more than any other meme that flies through though. If you don't find it funny, don't dwell on it.

such simple.

Latest Posts

Back