Dream Pack 1 Coming 3/11/2015! With Nordschleife

• Thread starter haejuk
  • 241 comments
Looking forward to trying my hand at getting the McLaren P1 around the Nordschleife in under 7 min. :embarrassed:

I'd post the video from McLaren about the P1 & Nurb' in celebration/anticipation, but don't know if it'd be considered OT.

I'll take your opinion as an guess then, tbh you would need to be very familiar with the real track to be able to make a valid comparison

In his example pics above, it's clear that the forza kerb is flat, unlike real life. The road surface is pretty accurate in forza I think.

I paid $23 for AC, best bargain in the history of video games IMO:sly:. That aside, as a developer, you can't just drop everything and work on one thing or the other. @Ialyrn outlays the other things that were worked on for this release and that's how it has to be in business. They have to move forward and continue to generate revenue and add content through DLC in order to fund the ongoing game development and bug fixing. It takes time and we can see they are trying to make progress and Kunos has acknowledged various issues and shortfalls and I expect them to work them out in time.

You and I, but that's not the point, there are people paying more, and those still face the same problems.

You do realize that Kunos are adding more than just the ring and a few cars with the version 1.1 patch? Which includes a new "flag" and "rules" system. Improvements to the A.I, graphics, sound, damage, and views. As well as overcast weather conditions and fog settings.

Kunos are still working hard on the main aspects of Assetto Corsa, and are bringing us newer features and improvements all the time. So what if the game has a few issues here and there, every game made in the last 10 years has issues, and patches to improve and fix games has been going on far longer than that. They used to be included on a floppy disk with certain gaming magazines way back when.

I have no issues paying for the ring, because the cost involved with laser scanning and making that monster of a track will be more than most of us make in a year. its not like they have only laser scanned a small track like Cadwell park in Lincolnshire.

Things like flags, that should be on the game when they release the final version, after release we are on v1.05, IMO they should have delayed the V1, the FMOD is a mess, i think we have better sounds before, if the sound engineers where working in new cars, they cant fix what is broken, do you understand my POV?

Don't get me wrong, i just don't want this to became another GT, where simple things take to much time to get solved, and before fixing things they give you cars and tracks... :)
First it's necessary a very strong base, and then start making payed dlc's.
There are a lot of people with big issues, go to official forum and see for your self, i'm also one that suffer from time to time freezes, that led to crash's, but i'm waiting for the update, to install the game again from the scratch.

I'm not complaining, i'm giving my opinion, and so far has i know they are doing very well.

You can give an opinion AND complain at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive.

Also, in the software engineering world, sometimes the "simple" things are the most difficult to solve.

2iqkhlj.png

Waiting... :)
Today i've uninstalled and reinstall the game, deleted all folders and put some laps on, no skins, no mods, no apps and so far no freezes :D, feels like a new game, higher framerate even if i get 40fps on the starts and 100fps at some parts of Spa. 19gb!!! i didn't realize this game was so big...

That passenger cam is awesome! It would be cool if you could "ride shotgun" from that view around Touristenfahrten in a lobby... or maybe you can and I just missed that. I'm off work tomorrow (err... today) so I'm pumped to try this out as soon as it goes live :D

Wel i was wrong i think, suppose with Steam it's a global release at 6PM here, so then it would mean in 7:30 hours wherever you are?
Just fired up Steam and checked which says that it will be unlocked in approximately 8 hours. Guess I should go to sleep early and then try my best to stay away from GT Planet until I have a crack at it tomorrow after work :lol:

Just fired up Steam and checked which says that it will be unlocked in approximately 8 hours. Guess I should go to sleep early and then try my best to stay away from GT Planet until I have a crack at it tomorrow after work :lol:
Ok i understand now, but that does mean it will be 3AM, March 12th down under (i just checked the time zone map) :D
And for our American buddies that means around noon March 11th.

Damn had my hopes up thinking it would come out on the 11th at a set time in each zone due to it saying "Unlocking 11 March" even in the Australian store. Tis ok. Tomorrow morning before work I'll start the download process and get in to it straight after the gym after work.

Looking forward to trying my hand at getting the McLaren P1 around the Nordschleife in under 7 min. :embarrassed:

I'd post the video from McLaren about the P1 & Nurb' in celebration/anticipation, but don't know if it'd be considered OT.
thats also my plan ;)

Back