Dream Pack 1 Coming 3/11/2015! With Nordschleife

• Thread starter haejuk
  • 241 comments
To me it's not the price, i already bought it, it's the timing.
The game have a lot of problems and things that need to be implemented, a lot of tracks still need optimization, they say the game it's not a beta, but sometimes feels like.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining but i understand some people point of view, the online mode needs a lot of work.

I will get a GT3 or the McLaren F1 to put some laps, i like racecars :)

They're giving us quality at a reasonable price, so yeah, it's not like what others in the industry like to do ;D It makes me respect the company and the game that much more though 👍

To me it's not the price, i already bought it, it's the timing.
The game have a lot of problems and things that need to be implemented, a lot of tracks still need optimization, they say the game it's not a beta, but sometimes feels like.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining but i understand some people point of view, the online mode needs a lot of work.

I will get a GT3 or the McLaren F1 to put some laps, i like racecars :)

Yep. That’s how I feel about it too. I got it on early access and now I got the DLC, no questions asked. But it is not a finished game by any means.

It is mostly a hot lap sim and I’m fine with that, because with these cars and tracks I can go round all day. Just hope that someday it will become a racing sim

It's not a game. Finished or not. It's a continuously developed racing simulation platorm. And the DLC is a way to finance this continuous development.

Racing simulation or not, it still falls under games. At the end of the day it is sold on a games store in the games catalogue. And “continuously developed” is a good term and good practice, but what we were discussing was, that it was released out of early access a bit too soon.

The free things you get with the early access were SPA and something else I don’t remember. Or was it just SPA, not sure. This DLC is not free, but it is safe to say, that at that price (-33% ATM) is a gift.

I love how you can get all this awesome stuff for the same price iRacing charges for one car :lol:

That's one of the many reasons I dislike iRacing, the prices are a complete rip-off and even if you buy them you only get to use it as long as you keep paying a monthly fee. 10 cars and three versions of an epic track for less than the price of one car in iRacing, no-brainer.

Tell you what mate, you tell me how in depth you want the review, and I will make sure that we do a video like that for sunday 15th!
Wow, is it my birthday?:sly: It'd be nigh on impossible to do an in depth review with so much content and so many changes to the game all in one video. I'd suggest breaking it up into several parts. One video exploring the programming changes, another on the Nurb alone, another on the cars (or maybe 2). Lots of work but I don't think you can fit all of that into 10 minutes. What do you think?

Wow, is it my birthday?:sly: It'd be nigh on impossible to do an in depth review with so much content and so many changes to the game all in one video. I'd suggest breaking it up into several parts. One video exploring the programming changes, another on the Nurb alone, another on the cars (or maybe 2). Lots of work but I don't think you can fit all of that into 10 minutes. What do you think?

How about two videos one for the 15th and one for the 22nd, 15th will explore the updates and the green hell and 1 car (25mins or so). 22nd will review another set of cars and if popular we can analyse the other cars in a third video. Happy Birthday :PP

Maybe I'm just masochistic but I'm gonna wait for the price to go up since I feel like Kunos deserves it.

I didn't realize The P1 was in the pack, that's sweet.
I mainly just want the Nordschleife though, it should be a blast. I've held off on downloading the snoopy version of the ring for quite a while just cause I wanted the official version from Kunos, its nice to see the wait is almost over

Last edited:
That's one of the many reasons I dislike iRacing, the prices are a complete rip-off and even if you buy them you only get to use it as long as you keep paying a monthly fee.
I probably will never get iRacing due to this.

Also, maybe I need to re-think the Nurburgring a bit, GT has me thinking its super narrow. The video on the last page makes it look really wide.

I have a long list of reasons I don't like it. I have a membership until February but I doubt I'll ever use it again. Has some great features but other things drown them out. Personal preference, of course.

It's not a game. Finished or not. It's a continuously developed racing simulation platorm. And the DLC is a way to finance this continuous development.

Yes indeed, but with such a small team if you put your time developing DLC you don't have time or resources to fix the game, and there's a lot of things that need to be fixed.
I already bought it, but if they made a new one without fixing things that really need to be fixed, they don't see my money again.

iRacing, big bad experience 7 races one win 6 times trashed from the track, canceled my subscription, they send me an email to "come back" 3 months from the price of one, i'm thinking about it...

Also, maybe I need to re-think the Nurburgring a bit, GT has me thinking its super narrow. The video on the last page makes it look really wide.
Try playing GT6 in cockpit view with narrowest view setting... That's a more realistic field of view and similar to what you'd expect with a configured FOV in Assetto Corsa.

Try playing GT6 in cockpit view with narrowest view setting... That's a more realistic field of view and similar to what you'd expect with a configured FOV in Assetto Corsa.
I've never been able to play GT6 in cockpit view, just doesn't feel right no matter the settings. I always use hood/roof view. AC has been a different story, I can use cockpit view in AC with no issues. (unless the car has real bad visibility) But being able to adjust the FOV helps a lot.

I've never been able to play GT6 in cockpit view, just doesn't feel right no matter the settings. I always use hood/roof view. AC has been a different story, I can use cockpit view in AC with no issues. (unless the car has real bad visibility) But being able to adjust the FOV helps a lot.
Not to mention being able to put your seat to the front or backwards, and move the view around 👍

GT have a big problem for cockpit view, the wheel rotation it's not 1:1 with the wheel in the car, since you can remove the wheel, its better not to use it.

Yes indeed, but with such a small team if you put your time developing DLC you don't have time or resources to fix the game, and there's a lot of things that need to be fixed.
I already bought it, but if they made a new one without fixing things that really need to be fixed, they don't see my money again.

iRacing, big bad experience 7 races one win 6 times trashed from the track, canceled my subscription, they send me an email to "come back" 3 months from the price of one, i'm thinking about it...

You do realize that Kunos are adding more than just the ring and a few cars with the version 1.1 patch? Which includes a new "flag" and "rules" system. Improvements to the A.I, graphics, sound, damage, and views. As well as overcast weather conditions and fog settings.

Kunos are still working hard on the main aspects of Assetto Corsa, and are bringing us newer features and improvements all the time. So what if the game has a few issues here and there, every game made in the last 10 years has issues, and patches to improve and fix games has been going on far longer than that. They used to be included on a floppy disk with certain gaming magazines way back when.

I have no issues paying for the ring, because the cost involved with laser scanning and making that monster of a track will be more than most of us make in a year. its not like they have only laser scanned a small track like Cadwell park in Lincolnshire.

I paid $23 for AC, best bargain in the history of video games IMO:sly:. That aside, as a developer, you can't just drop everything and work on one thing or the other. @Ialyrn outlays the other things that were worked on for this release and that's how it has to be in business. They have to move forward and continue to generate revenue and add content through DLC in order to fund the ongoing game development and bug fixing. It takes time and we can see they are trying to make progress and Kunos has acknowledged various issues and shortfalls and I expect them to work them out in time.

Last edited:
Went ahead and purchased the DLC pack while it was on sale on Steam. Might as well. Can't wait to take the GT-R GT3 and C7.R around the Nordschleife

Latest Posts

Back