Dream Pack 1 Coming 3/11/2015! With Nordschleife

• Thread starter haejuk
  • 241 comments
So the countdown that was on Steam has expired... just waiting for them to decide when I'm allowed to download it now...

edit: god I hate Steam. 20 minutes after release it finally decided to let me download it. Here we go!

Last edited:
So tell me your experiences gentlemen? Can't setup the wheel until the kids are in bed so i'll have to wait until i can get on the dancefloor properly.

I'm definitely liking this version of the Nordschleife. I have no idea how accurate it is compared to others, but it looks/feels great. Loving the M235i too..👍 brilliant addition!

I'm definitely liking this version of the Nordschleife. I have no idea how accurate it is compared to others, but it looks/feels great. Loving the M235i too..👍 brilliant addition!
Can't get more accurate than laser scanned :)

4oS2u.gif

Overall, very nice pack, I have nothing negative to say of the content because it's simply stellar. However, update 1.1 seems to have introduced some glitches. The Alfa 4C's rear wheels spin even though the car is stopped in pit-lane. Also, what is wrong with the automatic shifting? It's especially bad in the Group A BMW M3, every time that car tries to get in second gear it misses and over revs in first. The GTR GT3 also suffers from an automatic shifting problem, in which 3rd gear won't engage properly on occasion, even though the car is just accelerating. Oh well, I hope a quick update takes care of these issues soon so that the Dream pack can truly become perfection.

So like everyone here I've raced the 'Ring in many different games. Usually whenever I jump into a new rendition of it there's always some learning curve to it... like "how did they model this corner" or "what kind of speed can I carry through here with this game". For me at least, there's none of that in this version. It feels familiar (obviously) but also comfortable.

My first lap was with the M235i Racing and I didn't have a single off. It wasn't a perfect lap, but there was no painful lesson about how I have to drive the track in AC's version. It's wonderful. Now that I'm working my way up to the faster cars it's getting properly challenging though. Just ran a 6:59.366 with the GTR GT3 though... my first sub-7 lap! :D

Just tried the new GT-R. Sweet.
But... My mod cars don't work anymore. What about yours?

What mods are you referring to? I just ran the P1 at Catalunya and it works.

edit: speaking of which, I posted a nearly identical time to what I did in the Ferrari 458 GT2!

Last edited:
The Alfa Romeo GTA sounds almost like a rotary at full throttle at around 1000-2500rpm :dopey:

Also, it's interesting that the Nordschleife track map in the track selection menu has the Südschleife on it. Are Kunos teasing us with a new historic track, I wonder...?

Just ragged an Abarth 500 around the Ring. Kunos have really outdone themselves. :bowdown:

Props also to PD, because their version isn't far off in terms of the width (most places) and the feel of the track. The bumps and kerbs and the surroundings are obviously spot on in AC. I like the fact that if you turn in a bit too early and scrape along one of the kerbs, which are often quite high, you don't just skip over them like in GT, you get bounced off the kerb slightly.

Overall it's sweet. On to the 458. :D

Can you do that during replays? Which button?

You can do it in-game or replay, it's mostly used on movie making. You have to change the setting on .ini file.

Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\

open "camera_onboard_free" with notepad or any word pros

and change the SPHERICAL_COORDS=1 to 0. Save.

When in-game/replay press F5 and W, A, S, D to walk around, left button mouse to look around, and F and G to twist the camera.

Tried out all the new cars. Very, very nice. Sadly I don't have a wheel anymore so I can't say how FFB is like but Nordschleife and the cars are superb. The sounds could have been a tad better but really that's asking too much.
The $15 price in my opinion is very cheap for what you get. The new cars and Nordschleife are extremely top-quality.

What mods are you referring to? I just ran the P1 at Catalunya and it works.
Unofficial mod cars, like Honda NSX. Tracks, skins and apps work normally.
I visited the official forum and found out, the problem is the aero.ini file. Some modders are making fixes for them (McLaren M23 is already done).

Back