Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
May i ask who is using a steering wheel or control like whats the split.
Hi Kingsley, I did a "driveclubs fastest drivers" thread on this last year which you might like to look at. It also looked at manual or automatic and which view people use. The results were mixed to say the least so I think it comes down to personal taste. I am sure manual and wheel must be the most fun though!

I don't know if this might help u but i'm driving my records with pad and manual
I would like to drive it with a wheel but unfortunately my G27 isn't compatible with the ps4 :/

Hi Kingsley, I did a "driveclubs fastest drivers" thread on this last year which you might like to look at. It also looked at manual or automatic and which view people use. The results were mixed to say the least so I think it comes down to personal taste. I am sure manual and wheel must be the most fun though!

Maybe this topic is worth a revisit in a new thread.It would be nice to see a poll of DS4/wheel manual/auto + preferred camera from current forum users.A lot of the fast guys seem to be DS4/manual/chasecam going off WR videos on youtube(Kie25 being 1 exception I can think of)

Maybe this topic is worth a revisit in a new thread.It would be nice to see a poll of DS4/wheel manual/auto + preferred camera from current forum users.A lot of the fast guys seem to be DS4/manual/chasecam going off WR videos on youtube(Kie25 being 1 exception I can think of)

Edit found the forum cheers for pointing it out

Last edited:
CaoaDI6WAAAuOWT.jpg

@DRIVECLUB @Rushy33 @PhenomEvolution @lightfut Guess the car :) http://23rl23.imgur.com

EDIT: oh, wait... it's not a teaser. It's not even Rushy's message. Iderped.

Looks like Peugeot Onyx.

MeanElf someone on twitter discovered, that this is Pagani Huayra :)

MeanElf someone on twitter discovered, that this is Pagani Huayra :)
Cheers - odd though, I wouldn't have thought that such an expensive car would use such basic materials as that.

On another note. I'm looking forward to the option to 'filterize' gameplay even more now. I started The Order: 1886 today (had the game since launch but never got the chance to play it, mostly due to Driveclub) and that has the option to set photo mode filters plus saturation and then lock it so that the game will proceed using those parameters - really adds a new dimension to it all and I'm surprised that I've not heard about it before.

Wheel. Thrustmasters, in my opinion, is the best wheel for this game. The wheel would give you the same kind of feedback as any game but it would have a bulkier feel because of the arcade physics.

I'm using a controller. I was using Gran Turismo controls when I started the game, but sadly DS4 doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons, so I can't "press harder to go faster"... or slower. So I switched to triggers and edited some buttons. Now it feels natural.

Both Thrustmaster T300RS if I have time to set it all up or a DS4 (both manual) and both inside cockpit view, I can't play the game with chase views the rear ends just seem to slide out too much for me..Most of my fastest times and Sprints are all in cockpit view (funny enough I like seeing the dials and rev counters moving too not just the top of the dash) with the DS4. The wheel is fun and the paddle shift manual feels fast but also spins out a bit if you hit the brakes too early but is fun now I am used to it and set the wheel rotation and feedback how I like and not far off the DS4 times, for enjoyment, immersion and thrills you can't beat sitting with the wheel and taking a car down a point to point in a race in a fast Ferrari or Lambo roaring out. 👍

Has anyone tried the Thrustmaster T150 yet? I was thinking about getting this wheel when Gran Turismo Sport comes out + for DriveClub and simulators on PC ofc. I would love to get T300RS, but it's just too expensive. 👎

I use G29 wheel,manual,dash+bonnetcam(bumpercam on hot hatches just to stop me falling asleep!).Like Torque says,the fun and immersion on wheel is awesome but it's much easier to lose the car(liftoff oversteer on some cars is really tricky) and I seem to find myself being spunout by little impacts in multiplayer that on pad wouldn't have been an issue.

You must be having nightmares about HC Mode then, I'd like to be a fly on the wall when you first try that. hehe
We'll have to have a 'Hardmode night' when the update drops Kenny,pick a few safe favorites and work up to the Mazzanti+F40.I'm banking on Wheel+hardmode being less of a learning curve than pad+hardmode,as it feels less assisted to begin with(fingers crossed!).

It would be awesome if the entire star-count got a 'Platinum' star class where you cleared an event on Hardcore. Would certainly be a good way to make HC worthwhile outside of online.

It would be awesome if the entire star-count got a 'Platinum' star class where you cleared an event on Hardcore. Would certainly be a good way to make HC worthwhile outside of online.

I hope they will implement this in some future updates. I would have motivation to replay all tours for the 3rd time. :lol:

Back