E3 2011: What Are You Expecting? [56k BEWARE!!!]

After watching the video again on G4, I found the console: That little white receiver looking thing under the TV.

Edit: For those that didn't see the trailer:

ConsoleScreen.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it was a Nintendo Wii under that TV! The new console looks very similar but its nice and clean and proves that all those leaked images were fake. How can they fit so much power into such a small form factor when the PS3 / 360 are triple the size?

If they had the console in the video why didn't they go and reveal it! It seems like they totally want to focus on the controller which reminds me of a medical monitor!

I thought it was a Nintendo Wii under that TV! The new console looks very similar but its nice and clean and proves that all those leaked images were fake. How can they fit so much power into such a small form factor when the PS3 / 360 are triple the size?

If they had the console in the video why didn't they go and reveal it! It seems like they totally want to focus on the controller which reminds me of a medical monitor!

Thank you! :lol:

I want to know what the specs are. Why can't they ever just go full rampage with the specs; sure some people won't understand it but I will.

What was so hard about them showing the console rather than just the controller. It just confused things. So who won e3? I didn't get to watch Sony's conference. I'd rate Microsoft having had a better presentation than Nintendo even though it was just 90% fps games.

Thats exactly what they wanted to do: Focus on the controller and what it does. So I guess that confirms that is the controller, not the console.

What was so hard about them showing the console rather than just the controller. It just confused things. So who won e3? I didn't get to watch Sony's conference. I'd rate Microsoft having had a better presentation than Nintendo even though it was just 90% fpsKinect games.
Fixed it for you ;)

What was so hard about them showing the console rather than just the controller. It just confused things. So who won e3? I didn't get to watch Sony's conference. I'd rate Microsoft having had a better presentation than Nintendo even though it was just 90% kinect fps games.

Let me fix it again.

LMAO @ G4:

Blair: "You came here for the games"
Chris: "I came to see your vest"
Blair: *looks down and away*

And then the Motion gaming discussion got me in stitches too:

"Perhaps one day, everything will be touchable"

Feels like the old days are back :lol:

The controller is the reason for existence. The console is a box.

Yeah but in all fairness the Wii was also 'all about the controller' and the box was just a pumped up Gamecube yet they revealed them both in full.

But what is in the box?

I want to know how it can be so compact when its meant to be more powerful than the PS3 and 360.

Yeah but in all fairness the Wii was also 'all about the controller' and the box was just a pumped up Gamecube yet they revealed them both in full.

I want to know how it can be so compact when its meant to be more powerful than the PS3 and 360.

You do realise that the Xbox360 and PS3 are quite old tech now don't you? Miniaturisation of components never stops.

T12, could you explain that schedule you have their in the first post and if I can watch that other stuff? That mysterious "Sony - TBA" has me curious.

T12, could you explain that schedule you have their in the first post and if I can watch that other stuff? That mysterious "Sony - TBA" has me curious.

The schedules are derived (read: copied) from sources like IGN, Gametrailers, etc. All the times are in PST which is why I've provided the time zone converter in the OP. I update the unknowns as they're either revealed or debuted.

I don't get that new Nintendo console,is more like a controller,but a very big one,or is it a hand held,????

The controller is just a controller, but it can double as a handheld. Dual purpose awesome.

Perhaps.

No specs,and too big for a handheld,does it have Ipad functions?

Too big to be a handheld? Unless you're lugging it over your shoulder...it's a handheld. :lol:

And did you watch the presentation video? You can play games on the Wii U controller away from the U console (I really hate this name now), you can play chess, it appears to have an actual accelerometer, etc.

Back