E3 2011: What Are You Expecting? [56k BEWARE!!!]

And T12, you'll be happy to know Olivia Munn is gone...like, completely. She's even been replaced on AOTS. And the E3 coverage on G4 is far better then it was last year.

Really?! :D

Morgan and Adam still doing...I forget the name of their show, er, er...oh! X-Play? I hope so.

E3 is the annual college public speaking class skills display show.

Oh, T12, I forgot to mention this last night but today, the TBA Remake after Forza 4 is confirmed to be the Halo CE Remake. They have it on the schedule for IGN.

Tuesday's Schedule

Oh, T12, I forgot to mention this last night but today, the TBA Remake after Forza 4 is confirmed to be the Halo CE Remake. They have it on the schedule for IGN.

Tuesday's Schedule

Thank you, sir.

I have to add all of the good stuff from the Sony conference before Ninty's conference begins. I forgot to do it last night.

Are Nintendo making the audience play a pub quiz? :lol:

How many games have we made which has Mario in them... :sly:

I wonder if this introduction means anything...considering they've always wanted a live score for Zelda...

I wonder if this introduction means anything...considering they've always wanted a live score for Zelda...

I can't watch. Stupid Mac won't play any videos anymore. Which means I lost the end of the livestream for Sony when the DJ was having massive fun. No YouTube either. All the vid's up on the home page show up as white boxes.

I can watch Videos again! Best part of that conference was the barrel roll line.

Luigi's Mansion on 3DS!

I can imagine the whole conference will be about pushing 3DS because its doing badly at the moment, and only the end will show Project Cafe.

Luigi's Mansion on 3DS!

I can imagine the whole conference will be about pushing 3DS because its doing badly at the moment, and only the end will show Project Cafe.

3+ million in a little over a month is bad for them?

If that's bad, what the hell?

^ Its been bad here, even made the news that people were being sick from the 3D and queuing up to return them, plus the price dropped £80 only a few weeks after launch. The sales figures have been really poor for a newly launched system.

I had a feeling they would use the Wii name for brand recognition.... so its called the Wii U :lol:

Last edited:
Well PS vita is no longer the worst name reveal at E3.

Looks like it comes with a PS VIta console in white as a controller.

So I guess this 'tablet' cannot be used independently of the base console, so in essence its a portable touch screen with buttons on it streaming the image.

Its quite funny because to me looks more appealing as a portable device than the 3DS! Probably because it looks similar to the Vita.

Wii U makes it sound like an expansion rather than a new generation, like Wii 1.5. Lets hope it doesnt go 'up the Wii U'!

A Handheld game to be playable on the console as well, yeah this is not familiar at all.

Also, why do I get a PSVITA vibe from this controller?

Edit: Oh look, paid testimonials :lol: Peter Moore must be the new whore of gaming, this is the third time in two days I've seen him.

Last edited:
Streaming from a main console on to a smaller device and play on it is not revolutionary, the PSP could do PS3 game streaming and play for years, and you can be anywhere in the world. I must admit though the graphics in that bird tech demo looked great.

Can it even necessarily be called a new console if its essentially just a new Controller that doesn't require the TV?

Can it even necessarily be called a new console if its essentially just a new Controller that doesn't require the TV?

There is a new console. They just didn't show it. All we saw was the controller and thats it. Didn't even really see what the console will be capable of given half the videos shown were ps3/xbox/renders or wii videos.

I can't believe they didn't show the console?? we just saw the new controller.

I also don't understand why they are suggesting that you have a lovely big HD TV in your living room but NO you don't want to play on that.... you want to play on a poxy 10" screen for the hell of it! :lol:

I don't think you can even play on it outside of the base consoles Wi-Fi so its tethered to your house. Its all very confusing but I guess that's Nintendo.

Robin.

I am so unbelievably confused right now. WTF? First, they refer to it as a console, then a controller, then a controller for Wii U. Which is it? Dammit. :lol:

First I was disappointed, then confused (still am), and then wowed by the games and graphics they showed. HD confirmed (I think...) and, yeah...I don't even know.

I was excited to hear a new Nintendo console, but then Nintendo disappoints once again. They always sell the same thing with a new new gimmick as a totally new and revolutionary item. But then again, people will still buy it because its Nintendo. Even if they have a new platform, like the above link shows, it is essentially just another version of the Wii. From what they showed, it didn't look much different.

Nintendo has pretty much been outdated for the last few years, and this is no exception. If I wanted a giant touch screen controller to play games and do random stuff, I'd get an iPod touch, or iPad. Even the PSVita looks better.
They finally get HD graphics? Thats cool, but I've had that for the last 6 years.

Back