E3 2011: What Are You Expecting? [56k BEWARE!!!]

For those wondering, the EA Conference begins at 3:30, Ubisoft at 5:30, with the Sony Conference beginning at 8 PM*.

*All times are in EST. Again, to convert to your timezone see the OP.

Wow thats late. Gonna ruin my Master Chef premier and I don't have DVR.

They have completely **** all over NFS. On foot running? Helicopters ripping up cars? Barely escaping a train?

I want to see racing dammit, not something like Driver....

Also NFS The Run, thats got me mixed feelings. It looks like your an invincible dude, but the action is amazing.

How awesome does The Run look?

Out of the car, on foot, evading bullets, jumping off rooftops, etc. They've officially outdone themselves with this one; Most Wanted is "meh" now.

...I'm the only one that liked it. :lol:

How awesome does The Run look?

Out of the car, on foot, evading bullets, jumping off rooftops, etc. They've officially outdone themselves with this one; Most Wanted is "meh" now.

...I'm the only one that liked it. :lol:

I liked it. Now I don't like how the car handles, it seems like Burnout to me.

Whats a "Hybrid sight" that they keep saying about MW3?
A scope within a scope..?

Basically it is a combo holographic/ACOG scope arranged to where you can flip one out of the way to switch between the two. Something similar to what is shown in these photos. This should give you a better idea of how it'd work in real life.

Slingshot1b.jpg

new5.jpg

Just catching up with everything,and I like that bit of MW3,the sub control room which looks like the initial bit of Ace combat 2,but with more dead Russians,its kind of cool thought(the sub,not the dead Russians)

Battlefield 3 looks great, waiting for that. Now all thats left is Sony and Ubisoft.

Fair enough. :P

I like that it was on a PC as I'm more and more abandoning consoles for FPS and Action games; I'm only really left with the absolute console exclusives.

As an aside I'm beginning to see the criticism regarding The Run and it's out of the car cinematics; you're not really involved in anything and I hate when games have those types of sequences. Either let me do it or leave it the 🤬 out.

I really didn't like "The run" initially but I have to say that this NFS looks better than several previous attempts of making a good NFS,you can see that it drives better(note the difference in handling between the police car and the shelby) and it looks gorgeous,for me looks like a predecessor to Underground games(not the tuning thing,but the illegal night racing stuff),with all and its cinematic,it looks gorgeous.

As for BF3,Just what I expected,maybe they bring some Air fighting at some point.

For those interested (it's a racing game so you very well should be!) check the 5:20 timeslot for tomorrow.

Oh yeah. :D

I just remember something,The new PD game project dammit,what the hell will that be?

I'll be blatantly honest, unless it's a remake of GT2, I just don't care. GT5 left a horrible taste in my mouth and I'm bitter because of it.

To be honest with you all, in my case E3 has lost a lot of its excitement now that GT5 is out. I remember last year when the GT5 trailer was played, and Kaz closed that door to the flaming release date of November 2, I was literally biting my index finger at work. I was so excited.

I'll still be on the lookout for info on Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3, though.

Terronium-12
For those interested (it's a racing game so you very well should be!) check the 5:20 timeslot for tomorrow.

Oh yeah. :D

It only gets 10 minutes. Or is that just a start time. There's another title scheduled at 5:30.

Edit sorry 20 minutes.

Super secret something is on after.

I was reading an article about forza 4 on ign and this quote came up,

"In many ways," Greenwalt says, "racing is the smallest part of the game."

Kinda of a scary thought I think. I know they said they racing is still fantastic, but moving away from the racing in a racing title seems strange.

Btw Greenwalt is the Creative Director. Maybe I read this out of context but Idk. I just hope Forza isn't trying to become to casual.

Back