EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,880 comments
@Pfei more data for you that I did a few weeks back. I don’t count reverse as unique though so slightly different numbers to what you would get.

So just for a bit of fun and perspective for the upcoming game, I’ve counted the unique and total stage KM for WRC Generations and Dirt Rally 2.0. Results below. I’ve also specified the longest stage from each game, and the longest total length rally (which includes short and reverse versions). WRC Generations numbers include the shakedown stage (as it counts as a stage in quick play) and of course the super special stages.

WRC Generations:
Longest stage - 25.90km (Sweden)
Longest rally (unique km) - Sweden - 25.90km
Longest rally (total km) - Sweden - 102.08km

Total unique km - 387.4km
Total km - 1431km
From 21 rallies

Dirt Rally 2.0
Longest stage - 16.46km (Poland)
Longest rally (unique km) - Finland - 31.25km
Longest rally (total km) - Finland - 124.43km

Total unique km - 314.84km
Total km - 1264.53
From 13 rallies

EA WRC
600km+ unique km
From 17 rallies
Average 35.2km per rally

As you can see from the numbers, WRC ‘23 is going to have quite some serious mileage within it.

Another takeaway is, whilst WRCG has longer stages, it only has one of those long stages per rally, whereas DR2 m, whilst having shorter ‘long’ stages, makes up for it by having 2 and claws a lot of KM back on generations this way.

Full workings below if interested:
WRC Generations

Monte Carlo: 20.97km unique (ES)
85.23km total

Sweden: 25.90km unique (ES)
102.08km total

Croatia: 19.96 (ES)
80.43km total

Portugal: 23.65km unique (ES 20.07km)
82.7km total

Sardinia: 15.3km unique (ES 13.22km)
49.03km total

Kenya: 18.77km unique (ES 14.32km)
64.36km total

Estonia: 15.01km unique (ES 14.04km)
58.73km total

Finland: 23.37km unique (ES 21.10km)
86.05km total

Belgium: 12.24km unique
50.19km total

Greece: 19.02km unique
78.11km total

New Zealand: 22.11km unique (ES 22km)
91.04km total

Spain: 17.7km unique (ES 14.39km)
60.38km total

Japan: 22.60km unique
92.99km total

Argentina: 21.34km unique (ES 14.74km)
66.1km total

Chile: 21.03km unique
86.37km total

Germany: 18.51km unique (ES 15.63km)
66.58km total

Mexico: 20.9km unique (ES 18.32km)
65.84km total

San Remo: 7.24km unique
16.49km total

Corsica: 7.54km unique
17.86km total

Turkey: 16.75km unique (ES 14.55km)
59.77km total

Wales: 17.49km unique
70.64km total

21 rallies
387.4km unique
1431km total

Dirt rally 2.0

Monte Carlo: 20.7km unique (ES 10.87km)
82.79km total

Sweden: 24.32km unique (ES 12.34km)
97.46km total

USA: 25.36km unique (ES 12.86km)
102km total

Poland: 29.88km unique (ES 16.46km)
119.2km total

Australia: 24.84km unique (ES 12.50km)
101.32km total

New Zealand: 27.54km unique (Es 16.06km)
110.14km total

Argentina: 16.23km unique (ES 8.25km)
64.4km total

Finland: 31.25km unique (ES 16.20km)
124.53km total

Germany: 22.48km unique (ES 11.67km)
91.07km total

Greece: 20.29km unique (ES 10.69km)
84.39km total

Spain: 24.91km unique (ES 14.34km)
99.7km total

Wales: 21.4km unique (ES 11.4km)
85km total

Scotland: 25.64km unique (ES 12.98km)
102.53km total

13 rallies
314.84km
1264.53km total

That idea is becoming more diluted to a "EA WRC - Locations Showcase" because I don't wanna leave behind some of them :lol: But the throwbacks will still be there, of course :sly:

I think something like this (WIP) :

Montecarlo: Volkswagen Polo 2017 (Dirt Rally 1)
Sweden: Opel Adam R2 (Dirt 4)
Mexico:
Croatia: McRae R4 (CMR Dirt 2)
Portugal: Hyundai i20
Sardegna: Fiat Grande Punto Abarth (CMR Dirt)
Kenya: Seat Cordoba (CMR 2.0)
Estonia:
Finland: BMW M3 (Dirt 3)
Greece:
Chile:
Japan: Lancia 037 (CMR 4)
Mediterraneo: Vauxhall Nova
Pacifico: Renault Maxi Megane (CMR 1)
Oceania: Peugeot 205 (Dirt Rally 2.0)
Scandia: Skoda Fabia (Dirt 5)
Iberia: Citroen Saxo (CMR 3)

What do you think ? :)

Mediterraneo could be the 1998 Impreza for CMR1. Greece the mk1 Focus for CMR2 or 3. Monte Carlo the Mini Countryman for DR1, as the Polo 2017 is the unraced high aero concept they developed before VW pulled out right at the last minute.

Last edited:
Mediterraneo could be the 1998 Impreza for CMR1. Greece the mk1 Focus for CMR2 or 3. Monte Carlo the Mini Countryman for DR1, as the Polo 2017 is the unraced high aero concept they developed before VW pulled out right at the last minute.
Great choices :D The problem is that I wanna showcase many classes of cars as possible so, regarding the throwbacks, only one for game :indiff: Also I don't wanna use repeat manufacturers, so only one Ford, one Subaru, etc. :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm a weird guy :P (and I know, I'm stretching with the Polo, it's not the same car from Dirt Rally 1)

Edit: Ok, I made a preliminary list :cool:

Montecarlo: Volkswagen Polo 2017 (Dirt Rally 1)
Sweden: Opel Adam R2 (Dirt 4)
Mexico: Talbot Sunbeam Lotus (New Car)
Croatia: McRae R4 (CMR Dirt 2)
Portugal: Hyundai i20 Rally1 HYBRID (New car)
Sardegna: Fiat Grande Punto Abarth (CMR Dirt)
Kenya: Seat Cordoba (CMR 2.0)
Estonia: Peugeot 309 GTI (New car)
Finland: Subaru Impreza 1995 (Dirt 3)
Greece: MG Metro (CMR 2005)
Chile: Ford Fiesta Rally3 (New car)
Japan: Lancia 037 (CMR 4)
Mediterraneo: Vauxhall Nova Sport (New car)
Pacifico: Renault Maxi Megane (CMR 1)
Oceania: BMW M3 (Dirt Rally 2.0)
Scandia: Skoda Fabia R5 (Dirt 5) (another stretch, probably)
Iberia: Citroen Saxo (CMR 3)

Last edited:
With the full list of eighteen rallies I was thinking of an interesting alternative for club events: reduce the rallies to nine by combining two locations for each rally. That would give an average of 120km to play with (including reverse) for each rally, adding to the variety of the event and minimizing repetition and monotony.

A couple of these combos are off the wall but most would work pretty well IMO:

Monte Carlo/San Remo
Sweden/Norway
Mexico/Kenya
Croatia/Central European
Portugal/Sardegna
Estonia/Finland
Greece/Indonesia
Chile/New Zealand
Japan/Spain

You could definitely cook up some pretty mega events with this format.

With the full list of eighteen rallies I was thinking of an interesting alternative for club events: reduce the rallies to nine by combining two locations for each rally. That would give an average of 120km to play with (including reverse) for each rally, adding to the variety of the event and minimizing repetition and monotony.

A couple of these combos are off the wall but most would work pretty well IMO:

Monte Carlo/San Remo
Sweden/Norway
Mexico/Kenya
Croatia/Central European
Portugal/Sardegna
Estonia/Finland
Greece/Indonesia
Chile/New Zealand
Japan/Spain

You could definitely cook up some pretty mega events with this format.

Especially with the seasons as well, Monte/Corsica would be awesome in either all summer or all winter.

Especially with the seasons as well, Monte/Corsica would be awesome in either all summer or all winter.
I also thought it was Corsica until seeing the Italian names on the stages which led me to believe it was actually San Remo. Do we know which one it is? I know from screenshots that the location has been traced to Corsica. If that's the case, what's up with the Italian stage names?

I also thought it was Corsica until seeing the Italian names on the stages which led me to believe it was actually San Remo. Do we know which one it is? I know from screenshots that the location has been traced to Corsica. If that's the case, what's up with the Italian stage names?

Everything seen so far points to Corsica. Screenshots and some stage names like Asco (one of the long stages). So far nothing has pointed towards San Remo. Names sound Italian but it is next to Sardinia and off the coast of Italy so that’s not too surprising. There is of course a lot we haven’t seen so it could be that the second long stage (Cappanace) could be based in San Remo.

Some new screenshots today. The car models are looking fantastic from the close ups and the photomode looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun.
Classic_CitroenC4_17.png
Classic_Cordoba4.png
Classic_McRaeR44.png
Classic_Nova11.png
Classic_Porsche5.png
Classic_Mitsubishi18.png
Classic_Subaru6.png
Rally_Pacifico_Mitsub_Lancer_Evo6_01.jpeg
Classic_Xsara2.png
Classic_Quattro3.png

Last edited:
DiRT 4 only had 50 unique km!? Why does that not surprise me. You passed the same house in Sweden about twelve times per stage.

DiRT 4 only had 50 unique km!? Why does that not surprise me. You passed the same house in Sweden about twelve times per stage.

I guess that’s the sacrifice of tile based random generator stages. It was fun for a while but it did get old I thought quite quickly.

Yeah, if ever seasons are just cosmetic, it be really disappointing, considering it's supposed to be in the same ball park as dr2 as a hardcore sim, and with surface degradation etc.

It be ridiculous to me, so please not.
Then again, ea could have said add this for sales sake, i don't know.

But come on, this isn't supposed to be an arcadey game full of bs.🤦🤞

Video with Kovanpera seems to feel good.👍
Except for that last bit holding/selling the game..
Means his talk doesn't hold much lol, but looks good for now.

Yeah, if ever seasons are just cosmetic, it be really disappointing, considering it's supposed to be in the same ball park as dr2 as a hardcore sim, and with surface degradation etc.

It be ridiculous to me, so please not.
Then again, ea could have said add this for sales sake, i don't know.

But come on, this isn't supposed to be an arcadey game full of bs.🤦🤞

Video with Kovanpera seems to feel good.👍
Except for that last bit holding/selling the game..
Means his talk doesn't hold much lol, but looks good for now.

I highly doubt EA would have asked Codemasters to do it for sales sake. It was most likely already in development for DR3. Remember we only have someone commenting on a video to get to that assessment. We will find out tomorrow, but I’d be surprised if there wasn’t any change in grip between summer and winter. Monte Carlo for example isn’t going to be grippy in winter or slippy in summer.

I wish Kalle didn't say that BS line at the end. A boy/man in his position didn't need to do that. He is the World Champion, soon to be double, he doesn't need to stoop to EA's nonsense.

I know, I just always thought the line was so cheesy. The game will be great, and, it's nothing to do with EA 😀 Ignore me, just a grumpy old man.
It could have been worse. He could have said "Like racing, but rally" 🤣.

I hope @PJTierney wasn't the one who came up with that line. If so, a reprimand is in order. 30-day suspension from GTP 😅.

Back