EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,880 comments

“ Not every stage is a 1:1 recreation, but each location is based on real roads built from satellite and terrain data, combined with photo and video references bringing them to life.”
That doesn't bother me at all. It might actually help a lot for variety's sake (basically what I was complaining about yesterday).

Has anyone noticed that the El Brinco and Guanajuato stages are the same except for the beginning and the end? That's weird.

DSC_4232.JPG

“ Not every stage is a 1:1 recreation, but each location is based on real roads built from satellite and terrain data, combined with photo and video references bringing them to life.”
Sorry for the double post, but there are two other important pieces of information in that article:

1. The series will have annual releases
2. PSVR2 is apparently still a possibility

That doesn't bother me at all. It might actually help a lot for variety's sake (basically what I was complaining about yesterday).

Has anyone noticed that the El Brinco and Guanajuato stages are the same except for the beginning and the end? That's weird.

View attachment 1290679

Yeah that was noticed with quite a few of the Mexico stages and the Sardinia ones too. Good way of adding variety.

Yeah that was noticed with quite a few of the Mexico stages and the Sardinia ones too. Good way of adding variety.
Yes we are aware of some of the reverse versions having slight variations. But look close at this case in particular. The two stages are run in the same direction and are 90% identical.

A couple of the markers look out of place so these might be placeholder images. I sure hope that's the case.

Absolutely brilliant. Career mode looks very similar to F1s MyTeam which is great, moments sounds like it will have an absolute tonne of content coming to it to complete, car builder looks really in depth, more so than I expected. The stage routes look phenomenal just from the menus (El Chocolate 26km 😍). The wait is unbearable!

The deep dives are really impressive. I caved and preordered with my DR2.0 10% discount on Steam.
So much stuff included, Codemasters have been working really hard.

Quite interesting to see another driving game on Unreal Engine 5 released, maybe the second after Milestone's Ride 5?

Not seeing any benefits over UE4 visually here, guess WRC would need to utilise the Lumen lighting or Nanite for surfaces to improve in future at some stage. Maybe lighting next year, textures another?

Overpass 2 for some offroad stuff, Nacon as publisher.

Regarding TrueForce, is it true that Dirt Rally 2.0 has had it implemented?

If so, can we assume that we'll get it in WRC '23?

Last edited:
Regarding TrueForce, is it true that Dirt Rally 2.0 has had it implemented?
Yip, quite enjoying it and really hope it's in WRC.
If so, can we assume that we'll get it in WRC '23?
Hard to tell with a different engine, and even F1 23 on the Ego engine like DR2.0 had it briefly but then removed it. GRID having it but not GRID Legends is another weird one. But ACC has it on Unreal Engine 4, so hopefully.

Xbox I'm talking about here but think PS is similar - glad I get what I consider the best two games I have supporting it, I think it's more common on PC which seems to have more titles offering it though.

Thank you so much mate. :cheers:

Yeah, I've only got GT7, ACC and WRCG on PS5. WRCG doesn't support it and I really miss it on that one, so really hoping for it in WRC '23 big-time, then I'll be able to forget about WRCG. The FFB road detail just isn't delivering for me in that one.

This game looks fantastic!

How does a WRC game have better customisation than Forza and Gran Turismo..

Because Codemasters actually listen to the fans. I think the only thing customisation wise that WRC will likely be missing is a Forza/GT style livery creator. But other than that it’s pretty strong.

Because Codemasters actually listen to the fans. I think the only thing customisation wise that WRC will likely be missing is a Forza/GT style livery creator. But other than that it’s pretty strong.
It is strong but, to be fair, those other games have literally hundreds of cars more than this one to have to design unique customisation options for.

Last edited:
Guys... I am a paint creator for DR 2.0... Can paint modifications be made? Or will it be blocked? I can't find any information about it.

Screenshot graphics is way better then video footage. In the latest video there are also major differences between different clips.
As mentioned in my post on the other thread, according to the Sim's Racing channel's contacts at CM the video is from earlier builds than the screenshots because clips take longer to clear with the license holders. It's a juggling act.

Last edited:
As mentioned in my post on the other thread, according to the Sim's Racing channels contacts at CM the video is from earlier builds than the screenshots because clips take longer to clear with the license holders. It's a juggling act.
Correct.

As we get closer to launch all capture will eventually be on the latest builds possible.

Last edited:
As mentioned in my post on the other thread, according to the Sim's Racing channel's contacts at CM the video is from earlier builds than the screenshots because clips take longer to clear with the license holders. It's a juggling act.
indeed the difference is huge. Can’t wait for the final version. I’m so hyped.

I’m ashamed of this but i bought the digital version to play 3days earlier and the physical copy for Collection. I’m stupid i know.

Correct.

As we get closer to launch all capture will eventually be on the latest builds.
Thanks for claryfying. Screenshots are amazing.

Last edited:
Pleased to see and looking forward to trying Regularity Rally. First time I’ve seen this old school Rally type in any game.

Back