EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,883 comments
Just had a quick look at time trial leaderboards, there's a guy called Fr4nkl1nCl1nt0n who popped up in Estonia early 4 mins quicker than anyone else in different classes, but it doesn't show when the time was posted
Screenshot_20240812-123859.png
Screenshot_20240812-123846.png
Screenshot_20240812-123729.png

Are the TT cheats times recent, as in posted since the AC was forced on PC, or are they from beforehand and haven't been removed?
Old cheated times haven’t been wiped yet, the team is still figuring out the right way to do that as it’s not something that can be done manually at speed (the game has over 7,000 leaderboards), and a blanket wipe will scoop up legitimate times too.

Last edited:

The 2024 season will be coming up as a expansion pack rather than a standalone game, scheduled for October with DLC packs to follow.
@PJTierney Pleased to see a '24 update is coming, I'll pick the game up when I get my new system.

Can you give any heads up on whether there will be a PS5 Pro update?

Seems like a relatively straight forward way to give the title a technical refresh and bring in new players.

Old cheated times haven’t been wiped yet, the team is still figuring out the right way to do that as it’s not something that can be done manually at speed (the game has over 7,000 leaderboards), and a blanket wipe will scoop up legitimate times too.
Now there's an Anti-Cheat, I don't get why we can't take advantage of it and just do a blanket Leaderboard wipe to start anew. If that's not possible In the meantime why can't the really egregious and obvious cheaters get wiped and maybe even banned?

Last edited:
Now there's an Anti-Cheat, I don't get why we can't take advantage of it and just do a blanket Leaderboard wipe to start anew. If that's not possible In the meantime why can't the really egregious and obvious cheaters get wiped and maybe even banned?
It’s not that it’s not possible, it’s that it’s not desired to do a blanket wipe.

Is it worth killing millions of submitted times when there may only be a few hundred/thousand contentious ones?

Removing the individual times/people is preferred but in a game with 7,000 leaderboards it takes time to locate and action on all of those. It’s not just people people that blast their way past P1, but also the subtle ones who add 5% grip or 10% power to make their times appear legitimate and humanly possible.

Last edited:
It’s not that it’s not possible, it’s that it’s not desired to do a blanket wipe.

Is it worth killing millions of submitted times when there may only be a few hundred/thousand contentious ones?

Removing the individual times/people is preferred but in a game with 7,000 leaderboards it takes time to locate and action on all of those. It’s not just people people that blast their way past P1, but also the subtle ones who add 5% grip or 10% power to make their times appear legitimate and humanly possible.
Fair enough, Is there anyway to detect those ones or are they a lost cause?

Things could always be better but I'm not bored with the gameplay loop yet. It's like the everlasting chewing gum that doesn't lose its flavour. In DiRT Rally 2.0 the career was too long and arduous for me and I played nothing but dailies. But doing medium length five event rallies is just right for me with this game.

I sure would like to see more varied events in the yearly calendar though. So many great cars are going unused due to lack of opportunity. Maybe if there was a GRiD style spreadsheet with a whole bunch of random events. But I guess that's what Moments is for.

If you look at Fr4nkl1nCl1nt0n here, you can actually analyze the stage time, for the most part it's a straight line nowhere near the track, but some parts it hits the track but then veers off again.
Screenshot_20240813-142005.png

When is the next GTP series running? Are we waiting until the DLC? If so any chance of a timefiller. Now I'm back into the game and feeling pretty good I miss it :)
Still in the works, just having an issue with my RaceNet account, switched from Xbox to PS5 this week and for some reason my current EA account was associated with an old PSN account. Got them unlinked but now can't link my EA account to my current PSN because it's been associated to a different one already and supposedly you can't link it to more than one account ever.

Escalated it within EA help and hoping they can do something with it. If not I'll have to transfer club ownership to my old EA account, which would be annoying because I would have to use the old account to use my current PSN but will also lose all my RaceNet data.

Still in the works, just having an issue with my RaceNet account, switched from Xbox to PS5 this week and for some reason my current EA account was associated with an old PSN account. Got them unlinked but now can't link my EA account to my current PSN because it's been associated to a different one already and supposedly you can't link it to more than one account ever.

Escalated it within EA help and hoping they can do something with it. If not I'll have to transfer club ownership to my old EA account, which would be annoying because I would have to use the old account to use my current PSN but will also lose all my RaceNet data.
I had something similar last year with a account from the PS3 days where the email address no longer exists. EA support should be able to unlink it so you can connect to your new PSN account but you will lose access to anything on the old account EA account. I did it by email (which took 5 days and 5 members of their support team but it worked in the end).

I had something similar last year with a account from the PS3 days where the email address no longer exists. EA support should be able to unlink it so you can connect to your new PSN account but you will lose access to anything on the old account EA account. I did it by email (which took 5 days and 5 members of their support team but it worked in the end).
Yeah it's with the support team currently so hopefully it won't be long.

Maybe this helps, probably not because of the lifetime platform link (breaking that would require an EA admin to handle it): https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/
Trouble is I had my old PSN account linked to my current EA account. So because it's already had a PSN account linked it won't let me link a different one. I've manged to unlink the relevant PSN accounts from their EA accounts. Just can't get the correct accounts linked together 😅.

Hopefully EA Support will sort it. It's in their hands now.

Is there anyone who would like to be made an Admin on the GTPlanet club and organise a short series whilst I wait for EA to sort my account?

Is there anyone who would like to be made an Admin on the GTPlanet club and organise a short series whilst I wait for EA to sort my account?
Seems people are quite reluctant for some reason.
Lazy so and so's 😄

Last time I looked 2 days ago I thought it would be sorted. I can do it if you tell me what you want Car, Rally and Stage wise and I'll do it.

Seems people are quite reluctant for some reason.
Lazy so and so's 😄

Last time I looked 2 days ago I thought it would be sorted. I can do it if you tell me what you want Car, Rally and Stage wise and I'll do it.
Yeah they said 2-3 days and that was 5 days ago so I need to get back on them. Getting frustrated now, some games I can't even play properly because of the account issue, like PGA TOUR.

I've made you an admin, I didn't have any stages planned but I was going to go for a 6 week, 6 round series using the S2000 cars.

I've started Monte and then Sweden. Regular damage but only one service after Stage 3. Is that ok?

Again, Any rally suggestions from anyone would be nice.

I've started Monte and then Sweden. Regular damage but only one service after Stage 3. Is that ok?

Again, Any rally suggestions from anyone would be nice.
Greece and Japan have been run relatively less in the club events we've done here.

Just did the first stage to double check all is well. Thought I'd represent Kris Meeke for this one.

41955AEBB78BEBF58AAEAF926EE29D67C04E0F2C
Why can't Codemasters licence a few cool real world liveries for us console peasants to play with like that Meeke one, it's 1 livery per car if we're lucky at the moment 😭

Back