Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,904 comments
It's pretty amazing to see quite a lot of Japanese cars being added to Forza, with this update having the vast majority of new-to-Forza cars being Japanese. It could be that the next Forza Horizon game might be set either in Japan or somewhere else within Asia.

Here are all of the new-to-Forza Japanese road cars that got added to Forza Horizon 5 and the Forza Motorsport reboot.
  • 1993 Autozam AZ-1
  • 2021 Lexus LC 500
  • 2020 Lexus RC F Track Edition
  • 2022 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF
  • 1995 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR
  • 1997 Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero Evolution
  • 2020 Nissan GT-R R35 Nismo
  • 1997 Nissan Stagea RS Four V
  • 2010 Nissan Tsuru
  • 2023 Nissan Z
  • 2022 Subaru BRZ
  • 2022 Subaru WRX
  • 2019 Subaru WRX STi S209
  • 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
  • 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
  • 2023 Toyota Camry TRD
  • 1991 Toyota Chaser GT Twin Turbo
  • 2021 Toyota GR Yaris
  • 2022 Toyota GR86
  • 1991 Toyota Sera
  • 1965 Toyota Sports 800
  • 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
  • 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Noticeably absent from this list; Honda

Crazy to think how many cars we've got in live service for FH5, there hasn't been 1 New-to-Forza Honda.

Inb4 FH6 gets announced and there's no Honda or Acura at launch -.-

Weren't they one of the last mfgs to get cars announced for the new Motorsport game as well? I think the only new models are the TCR and the Penske Hybrid which might be trademarked through the racing arm, HRC, anyways.

Weren't they one of the last mfgs to get cars announced for the new Motorsport game as well? I think the only new models are the TCR and the Penske Hybrid which might be trademarked through the racing arm, HRC, anyways.
Gran Turismo 7 has the FL5 already--I'm beginning to suspect Honda might have struck an exclusivity deal with Sony for now when it comes to their new road cars. It's Maserati I'm wondering about personally.

Inb4 FH6 gets announced and there's no Honda or Acura at launch -.-
Cut It Out GIF by CBS

I can't think of any recent Hondas I'd really want besides the S660 that GT7 has. Maybe an Odyssey to tie in with Deadpool vs Wolverine lol. An old Element would be fun to toss around off-road too.

Heads-up: Hoonigan's future in Forza could be in limbo as they are going through a "chapter 11 bankruptcy".
Well... Hoonigan's basically Ken Block: The Brand so it only makes sense for it to eventually go up in smoke after his death, a bit like how Top Gear went after the OG trio left.

I don't know if this is even a particularly controversial opinion here but: I could live without the Hoonigan cars in Forza to be honest. As cool as some of the cars are (the rally/Gymkhana cars in particular for me), I think equivalent customization options could just as easily "replace" some of those cars, especially in terms of widebodies (the Focus RS already has one) and maybe engine swaps (the og RS200 has none, the Hoonigan RS200 has two - guess which one is used more!).
Obviously interiors will remain factory-spec as long as there is no interior customization available, which is a drawback, though I guess in theory they could already add custom race-spec interiors as a conversion option (a'la NFS Shift) among the widebodies. Not saying they will - they'll most likely wait for a future Forza title to go "wow look new feature!" - but still.

Well... Hoonigan's basically Ken Block: The Brand so it only makes sense for it to eventually go up in smoke after his death, a bit like how Top Gear went after the OG trio left.

I don't know if this is even a particularly controversial opinion here but: I could live without the Hoonigan cars in Forza to be honest. As cool as some of the cars are (the rally/Gymkhana cars in particular for me), I think equivalent customization options could just as easily "replace" some of those cars, especially in terms of widebodies (the Focus RS already has one) and maybe engine swaps (the og RS200 has none, the Hoonigan RS200 has two - guess which one is used more!).
Obviously interiors will remain factory-spec as long as there is no interior customization available, which is a drawback, though I guess in theory they could already add custom race-spec interiors as a conversion option (a'la NFS Shift) among the widebodies. Not saying they will - they'll most likely wait for a future Forza title to go "wow look new feature!" - but still.
I wonder if the licensing rights to Block's Fiestas and Focuses will revert to Block's family if they can't salvage the company. Chapter 11 doesn't necessarily mean the company is gone, it just means they get to stay operating while they figure out a way to unscrew themselves. If they'd filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, that would be immediate liquidation with no opportunity to reorganize.

Of course this is not good news, but it isn't the end of Hoonigan necessarily either.

JOHN CENA ( FF / Peacemaker / Bumblebee ) - Twitter( X ) / threads

Forza Horizon Fans: John Cena will put 2 more vintage cars up for Auction House.
  • 1st car was the ULTIMA
  • When it comes to John Cena, will there be a car package related to him or a movie ?

Attachments

• JOHN CENA2.png
    JOHN CENA2.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 2
  • JOHN CENA1.png
    JOHN CENA1.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Heads up, the Hard-to-Find Bronco Raptor is now an Accolade reward for Hide and Seek. It's the only car reward in the new Accolades, so if you don't already have it this is your chance to grab it.

View attachment 1388180
Or if you can't be bothered, just get it from the Auction House. That will be there for sure. Loads of it.

And c'mon Thursday, I wanna drive that EVO III!

@Digolgrin Crew Motorfest is getting a Mach-E GT. Maybe that's why FH5 hasn't gotten it yet. Could be that Ubisoft has exclusivity maybe. Interesting list though

They're also getting the MC20 Cielo, which absolutely implies a licensing snafu when it comes to the MC20 in FH5--or at least exclusivity we don't know about. But considering how Motorfest has had dibs on some cars as of late, it wouldn't surprise me if this is what's happening with the Mach-E GT/Rally, or if Playground/T10 just isn't interested in getting the street Mach-E if they already have the race model.

If the backstage is added it might actually get me to play the game again, part of the reason for my lack of motivation to play the game is the fact that I'm behind on so so many seasonal exclusive cars. I'm also just not an auction house sniper anymore so I can't be bothered with getting them there.

If the backstage is added it might actually get me to play the game again, part of the reason for my lack of motivation to play the game is the fact that I'm behind on so so many seasonal exclusive cars. I'm also just not an auction house sniper anymore so I can't be bothered with getting them there.
If they do, and the GTO Judge is on there, I might actually be done with FH5; it's the only car I have left for the collection to be complete. Sure I'll need to grab some more cars I sold on the auction house from there to fill up my garage again, but it's maddening to constantly see I only have one car left and it's off in auction house hell because it's not a hypercar or something really interesting worth selling for 20,000,000 credits, y'know?

I hope when the game reaches EOL, they put the OPI Edition GT in the Backstage Pass, just so I have the comfort of knowing I have literally everything.

If they did that then they should probably add the Oreo Zonda and '32 Ford Horizon Edition too. I'm not sure if either of the cross-brand promotions were available outside of the US, and I believe the special gamepad only came with Xbox / MS Store codes to redeem the '32 Ford so it was unavailable for Steam players.

Those three are forever going to be on my Horizon Promo list, since I've never seen any in free roam.

Regarding to hide and seek powerup pickups here is what i managed to find
Seekers Powerup
car_reveal_seeker.png
fast_travel_seeker.png
hider_compass_seeker.png
hider_horn_seeker.png
power_increase_seeker.png

Hider Powerup
car_swap_hider.png
detection_recovery_hider.png
instant_reward_hider.png
power_drain_hider.png
power_increase_hider.png
seeker_reveal_hider.png

The icons and the text string dialogues for introducing these exist in the game, even though the voiceover by Ramiro for introducing them doesn't exist.

Hider compass became a base feature of the current game mode, same goes for power drain for the hider.

I wonder if these will get introduced later on or this is just their early concept for this game mode?

Attachments

• instant_reward_seeker.png
    instant_reward_seeker.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 1
Regarding to hide and seek powerup pickups here is what i managed to find
Seekers Powerup
View attachment 1388395 View attachment 1388396View attachment 1388397View attachment 1388398View attachment 1388400
Hider Powerup
View attachment 1388401View attachment 1388402View attachment 1388403View attachment 1388404View attachment 1388405View attachment 1388406

The icons and the text string dialogues for introducing these exist in the game, even though the voiceover by Ramiro for introducing them doesn't exist.

Hider compass became a base feature of the current game mode, same goes for power drain for the hider.

I wonder if these will get introduced later on or this is just their early concept for this game mode?
They really thought of a lot of mechanics for this game mode. Its not half assed at all.

Back