Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,904 comments
Regarding to hide and seek powerup pickups here is what i managed to find
Seekers Powerup
View attachment 1388395 View attachment 1388396View attachment 1388397View attachment 1388398View attachment 1388400
Hider Powerup
View attachment 1388401View attachment 1388402View attachment 1388403View attachment 1388404View attachment 1388405View attachment 1388406

The icons and the text string dialogues for introducing these exist in the game, even though the voiceover by Ramiro for introducing them doesn't exist.

Hider compass became a base feature of the current game mode, same goes for power drain for the hider.

I wonder if these will get introduced later on or this is just their early concept for this game mode?
It sounds like an early concept. Considering how a good chunk of the gamemode we got is balanced so both the Hider and the Seekers have equal chances to win, making the mode basically rely on luck and power-up hoarding would not have been fun for random matchmaking.

Well I got Lucky in the auction house 😂

1000003627.png

First impressions of the maze, having not seen it before today:

I actually don't mind this. I kinda wish there was more to it than 'find and activate all four sector towers, then head to the center of the maze and drive down a ramp, it's a surprisingly simple maze all things considered. Like, you don't even get an Accolade for solving it, just a Daily Challenge... next week, so there's very little reason to actually go down there.

Of course it's great to see the Stadium get used for Evolving World stuff again, but... compared to the Dragon Drift Arena, Winter Wonderland, the oval track and the Stunt Arenas, this is probably the weakest Stadium Evolving World set piece so far.

Yeah is there any tactic at all when it comes to the Auction House? Was overseas for a few months and missed a whole heap of cars. Really trying to get my hands on a GR Yaris.

The technique is really just remembering what key to press to buyout the auction. You need to do it very quickly when one appeared. Some people also said doing it on festival site is somewhat faster? Can't really prove that though.

I've found that cars usually start appearing on the Auction House (AH) 3 to 4 weeks after they've been seasonal rewards. For example the new Ford Focus and Toyota Camry are just starting to appear in AH now.

If you're on Xbox and see the car you want, press Y instead of fully opening the auction page. After pressing Y select buy out and keep your fingers crossed. This is the quickest way to bid on a buy out as you're not waiting for a screen to load before bidding.

I managed to buy all the 2022 Focus ST I wanted 2 weeks ago. Last week I bought all the Camrys I wanted and yesterday I bought all the Fiestas. Yes, I particularly love daily drivers.

In addition to the tip about pressing Y, I present some other tips in this video below. If you don't want to see it, no problem. I don't want to advertise the channel, so other tips are: turn off the radio, enter horizon solo mode, be in a small car (Peel, Isetta, etc.) without paint or tuning and be inside the first house in the game.

These tips may not make a difference if done separately, but together they theoretically serve to leave all the processing power of the Xbox and the internet to the auction house.

Additionally, in the game options you can turn off the dynamic background. Which also helps.

Yeah is there any tactic at all when it comes to the Auction House? Was overseas for a few months and missed a whole heap of cars. Really trying to get my hands on a GR Yaris.
Honestly I got the 700r on the first try searching and got lucky.

Best thing you can do is just constantly search but can take hours 😕.

Okay, so preliminary predictions for Back to the '90s. I'm going to go out on a limb and make two predictions--one focused on higher performance cars and one focused on overall vibe. This way I have bases covered for when I make my mid-Series predictions and the final refinement when the teaser hits. (I'm also assuming New-to-Forza cars here, no returning cars, and using manufacturers we know they've added in the past, though it's not unlikely we'll have some surprises along the way.)

Prediction #1: The Extreme '90s (or, High Performance '90s)
Series Reward: 1990 Aston Martin Lagonda (While not the prettiest '90s car, the Lagonda would make for a great premium reward for those daring to push that far in the Playlist. If this is indeed one of the final updates before Horizon Backstage is added and the lights go out, this wouldn't be a bad Series Reward to go out on--and one worthy of headline car status, perhaps.)
Summer: 1999 Lamborghini Diablo VT (Whether roadster or coupe, doesn't matter here. A post-facelift Diablo would certainly fit the bill for a good chunk of PG's additions.)
Alternate Summer: 1999 Aston Martin DB7 V12 Vantage (While... not worthy of James Bond's time, and certainly not headline material, this WAS, at the very least, an Aston GT from the time period. It'd make for a nice change of pace compared to most normal Aston GTs. I also wouldn't be surprised if this was the standard DB7, the I6 model, for added weirdness.)
Autumn: 1995 Ferrari 348 (Perhaps one of Ferrari's lesser known offerings, often overshadowed by the F355, this would stand in at least decent competition with the '92 NSX and 2005 NSX-R as high B-class Retro Sports Cars. Plus, hey, it's a convertible, if one that uses a more traditional clothtop than the mechanical hardtop.)
Alternate Autumn: 1998 Ferrari 456M (The last Ferrari to use pop-up headlights, and Ferrari's last old-school GT before the 612 Scaglietti. What better way to pay homage to a then-dying breed than to add at least one car that used them?)
Winter: 1995 Dodge Viper (No first-gen Viper, to the best of my knowledge, has ever appeared in a video game. Why not start here? Get some American representation in the list.)
Alternate Winter: 1997 TVR Chimaera (Another British GT, but one that also gives more love to TVR. You could also use the Griffith here and be perfectly fine.)
Spring: 1993 Audi V8 (German DTM legend, replaced by the A8. What's not to like--other than it being another saloon.)

Prediction #2: Horizon Retrowave Part 2 (Or, The '90s Vibe)
Series Reward: 1990 Aston Martin Lagonda (Frankly this would probably be the Series reward either way. I can't imagine a rare enough '90s car that'd fit here.)
Summer: 1990s Subaru Impreza WRX GC8 (Because you can't really have the early Lanevo without its main rival, 22B or not. It doesn't matter what version number they use here, as long as it's here.)
Alternate Summer: 1997 Ford Thunderbird (It pains me to mention this, as I find the tenth gen Thunderbird to look... less good than the 2000s iteration that followed it, but honestly this wouldn't be a bad addition for Ford. It wouldn't be another Mustang, and it'd fit the overall vibe well enough. A good alternate here would be the previously leaked Lincoln Mark VIII, which shared a platform with it and came mated to a Northstar engine (blech).)
Autumn: Alfa Romeo GTV (Because @Edax 76 is right, this car also encapsulates the '90s. It would depend on Playground being able to even add another Alfa Romeo, but if they had to add another one this would be it. This would be my pick for headline car, if the Lagonda isn't added or used as headline car.)
Winter: Renault Espace F1 (Supervan competitor. Not much else needed to be said.)
Spring: 2000 Ford Mondeo (I'd reserve this slot for any car from the year 2000, actually. End the season off with a car from the turn of the millennium.)

As for the Car Pack, if we get one (which at this point I doubt)... A Back to the 90s car pack starring FM2023 portbacks like the V8 Vantage could be in the cards, but since Twisters is distributed by Universal Pictures and since the original movie came out in 1996... I dunno, part of me is paranoid we'd be getting another collab car pack based on '90s movie cars. We'd have to see I guess.

Last edited:
Okay, so preliminary predictions for Back to the '90s. I'm going to go out on a limb and make two predictions--one focused on higher performance cars and one focused on overall vibe. This way I have bases covered for when I make my mid-Series predictions and the final refinement when the teaser hits. (I'm also assuming New-to-Forza cars here, no returning cars, and using manufacturers we know they've added in the past, though it's not unlikely we'll have some surprises along the way.)

Series Reward: 1990 Aston Martin Lagonda (While not the prettiest '90s car, the Lagonda would make for a great premium reward for those daring to push that far in the Playlist. If this is indeed one of the final updates before Horizon Backstage is added and the lights go out, this wouldn't be a bad Series Reward to go out on--and one worthy of headline car status, perhaps.)
Summer: 1999 Lamborghini Diablo VT (Whether roadster or coupe, doesn't matter here. A post-facelift Diablo would certainly fit the bill for a good chunk of PG's additions.)
Alternate Summer: 1999 Aston Martin DB7 V12 Vantage (While... not worthy of James Bond's time, and certainly not headline material, this WAS, at the very least, an Aston GT from the time period. It'd make for a nice change of pace compared to most normal Aston GTs. I also wouldn't be surprised if this was the standard DB7, the I6 model, for added weirdness.)
Autumn: 1995 Ferrari 348 (Perhaps one of Ferrari's lesser known offerings, often overshadowed by the F355, this would stand in at least decent competition with the '92 NSX and 2005 NSX-R as high B-class Retro Sports Cars. Plus, hey, it's a convertible, if one that uses a more traditional clothtop than the mechanical hardtop.)
Alternate Autumn: 1998 Ferrari 456M (The last Ferrari to use pop-up headlights, and Ferrari's last old-school GT before the 612 Scaglietti. What better way to pay homage to a then-dying breed than to add at least one car that used them?)
Winter: 1995 Dodge Viper (No first-gen Viper, to the best of my knowledge, has ever appeared in a video game. Why not start here? Get some American representation in the list.)
Alternate Winter: 1997 TVR Chimaera (Another British GT, but one that also gives more love to TVR. You could also use the Griffith here and be perfectly fine.)
Spring: 1993 Audi V8 (German DTM legend, replaced by the A8. What's not to like--other than it being another saloon.)

Series Reward: 1990 Aston Martin Lagonda (Frankly this would probably be the Series reward either way. I can't imagine a rare enough '90s car that'd fit here.)
Summer: 1990s Subaru Impreza WRX GC8 (Because you can't really have the early Lanevo without its main rival, 22B or not. It doesn't matter what version number they use here, as long as it's here.)
Alternate Summer: 1997 Ford Thunderbird (It pains me to mention this, as I find the tenth gen Thunderbird to look... less good than the 2000s iteration that followed it, but honestly this wouldn't be a bad addition for Ford. It wouldn't be another Mustang, and it'd fit the overall vibe well enough. A good alternate here would be the previously leaked Lincoln Mark VIII, which shared a platform with it and came mated to a Northstar engine (blech).)
Autumn: Alfa Romeo GTV (Because @Edax 76 is right, this car also encapsulates the '90s. It would depend on Playground being able to even add another Alfa Romeo, but if they had to add another one this would be it. This would be my pick for headline car, if the Lagonda isn't added or used as headline car.)
Winter: Renault Espace F1 (Supervan competitor. Not much else needed to be said.)
Spring: 2000 Ford Mondeo (I'd reserve this slot for any car from the year 2000, actually. End the season off with a car from the turn of the millennium.)

As for the Car Pack, if we get one (which at this point I doubt)... A Back to the 90s car pack starring FM2023 portbacks like the V8 Vantage could be in the cards, but since Twisters is distributed by Universal Pictures and since the original movie came out in 1996... I dunno, part of me is paranoid we'd be getting another collab car pack based on '90s movie cars. We'd have to see I guess.
Cheers bud 👍

Some good picks, would absolutely love to see the Audi V8 in a game, and the Aston DB7 is long overdue in map opinion.
But as much as I would love to see the Lagonda, I wouldn’t look at it as a 90‘s car, it’s more an 80‘s car I would say (altough it originally started production in the 70s).
And that original Viper really is missing, can’t think of a game that has it, but it will be a real challenge to drive I guess😬😅

Played about 13 matches of Hide and Seek trying to pick up the Sneaky but Speedy Daily Challenge--figured I'd drop a review here.

Put bluntly, this is actually pretty well thought out for a 5v1 asymmetric multiplayer game balanced around both teams having equal chances to win. I do have some qualms about the way the endgame is handled, but I had fun with it, even if I didn't play enough rounds quite yet to get my mitts on the no-longer-FOMO Bronco Raptor.

The demo they showed at Gamescom really doesn't do the gamemode much justice, in my opinion. It paints the illusion of a constantly-in-flux game of cat and mouse, where chasers basically enter into a dogfight trying to hunt down a mouse that is bigger than they are and can also end any encounter at any time, disappearing into the ether before they can be tracked down again. Honestly, from what I've seen, this is far from the truth; it is alarmingly easy for a Hider to screw up and cost themselves the match. Once a coordinated Seeker team that keeps a fair balance between keeping their distance and staying in detection range descends upon the Hider and realizes that they can still see the ghosted Hider left behind by a Chase Breaker and that they can still ping a ghosted Hider if they haven't been hit with a Chase Breaker, going back to blending in is nigh-impossible, and more often than not gets the Seekers a firm win.

That being said, pinging is touchy, I've had Hiders in view for but a couple frames only for the ping to not go through and force me to waste it. It must depend on what the server says is in my line of sight. But, either way, if you've got a good Seeker team, you can rest assured you're probably going to win in the early-to-mid game if the Hider makes a critical mistake.

Not to say that social stealthing your way through is impossible. I actually managed a stealth win on quite literally my second match, and it's how I got my Undetected badge. Stuck to a few different lines of traffic, Chase Breaker'd my way out of one jam, and, on two occasions, used its ability to place the Seekers' pings on immediate cooldown to strike from traffic before they could point me out. It's such a gratifying feeling to watch a Seeker speed right by you, only to get nailed by your Chase Breaker from what would to them seem to be out of complete nowhere.

If I had to make any tweaks at all it'd be to the endgame. I know it's in the name of fairness and ensuring that everyone can have fun, but on the off-chance a Hider is only spotted towards the end of a match, right before the finish line is revealed, even if an entire team descends upon the Hider at that moment, the Hider can still win because the detection bar has to start from 0% in that case, and they can still outdrive the Seekers by taking them into unbreakable obstacles. I'd suggest making it so the detection bar either fills up about 50% faster during the endgame rush to the finish line, or making it an instant loss for the Hider if a Seeker collides with the Hider during the endgame. That way the Seekers have more of a chance in the event of a late first detection.

Overall, I'd give this mode an 7.5/10. Of course, it only having three arenas-Mulege, Playa Azul and Guanajuato, when the golf course and the Horizon Baja outpost are right there and would also make for interesting arenas--is a bit of a disappointment, but ultimately, I think the actual gameplay loop seems well-considered enough to make it worth your time, even if you only play the 20 or so complete matches that you need to get the Bronco Raptor.

I'm leaning towards Retrowave 2: 90s vibe - with a rehash of a car or two in FM/FM7 and/or FM4.

80pt reward - Renault Megane F1: gets the title car treatment and is one of the highly requested cars in the forums.

Summer: 1993 Porsche 928 - the 928 showed up quite late in FH3 and FH4's cycles, and I could see it show up again in FH5 as per tradition. It completes that 80s/90s group of Porsches that are so well known with the 911/944/959/968. Alternate guess: 1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

Autumn: 1999 Ferrari 360 Modena - hasn't been seen since Forza Motorsport 4 but was in FM1-4. The F355 successor might be the car that fulfills Forza's new to Horizon Ferrari quota for the year. Alternate guess: 1999 Pagani Zonda C12 or one of the tuner specials from FM4 like the Mine's Skyline or Top Secret Supra

Winter: 1996 Subaru SVX: because I'm biased and love those weird rocketships. Alternate guess: 1990 Aston Martin Lagonda

Spring: 1994 Lexus LS400: sometimes they throw in a surprise that no one ever realizes and considering how many new Toyota cars we've gotten in the summer this might be another chance at a Toyota or Lexus. The LS400/Celsior is one of the 90s icons and basically the American successor to the Cressida/Chaser that we got in this current update. Considering how it undercut the price of a new BMW at the time, they sold like hotcakes and it made Toyota a player in the luxury car business. Alternate guess: 1999 Toyota Chaser or Nissan Primera

Last edited:
Is it me or does the game seem extra quiet at the moment?

The game world is practically empty (I know it's not exactly bustling unfortunately at the best of times). Also while I'm no genius creator of anything in game I at least pick up a few downloads, uses or plays of my stuff a week. I've had nowt for over a week now.

It's sad to see, especially as we have a major new game mode released this week.

Is it me or does the game seem extra quiet at the moment?

The game world is practically empty (I know it's not exactly bustling unfortunately at the best of times). Also while I'm no genius creator of anything in game I at least pick up a few downloads, uses or plays of my stuff a week. I've had nowt for over a week now.

It's sad to see, especially as we have a major new game mode released this week.
Well it was the official release date of TDU:SC yesterday... And it's also a free weekend for FH5 on Steam.

I'm leaning towards Retrowave 2: 90s vibe - with a rehash of a car or two in FM/FM7 and/or FM4.

80pt reward - Renault Megane F1: gets the title car treatment and is one of the highly requested cars in the forums.

Summer: 1993 Porsche 928 - the 928 showed up quite late in FH3 and FH4's cycles, and I could see it show up again in FH5 as per tradition. It completes that 80s/90s group of Porsches that are so well known with the 911/944/959/968. Alternate guess: 1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

Autumn: 1999 Ferrari 360 Modena - hasn't been seen since Forza Motorsport 4 but was in FM1-4. The F355 successor might be the car that fulfills Forza's new to Horizon Ferrari quota for the year. Alternate guess: 1999 Pagani Zonda C12 or one of the tuner specials from FM4 like the Mine's Skyline or Top Secret Supra

Winter: 1996 Subaru SVX: because I'm biased and love those weird rocketships. Alternate guess: 1990 Aston Martin Lagonda

Spring: 1994 Lexus LS400: sometimes they throw in a surprise that no one ever realizes and considering how many new Toyota cars we've gotten in the summer this might be another chance at a Toyota or Lexus. The LS400/Celsior is one of the 90s icons and basically the American successor to the Cressida/Chaser that we got in this current update. Considering how it undercut the price of a new BMW at the time, they sold like hotcakes and it made Toyota a player in the luxury car business. Alternate guess: 1999 Toyota Chaser or Nissan Primera

Yeah, I'd say the 928 would be a safe bet if I counted returning cars in these predictions. Honestly I'd be all for that, I just think the time is right to start scratching the surface of '90s performance beyond the usual suspects. The DB7, first-gen Viper and the two Ferrari cars I had would be perfect for that. But you're probably right, it'd be easier to bring back stuff like the 360 Modena or the 928.

Really, my line of thinking was, "the '90s were an era of attitude and boundary pushing for me in the United States, why shouldn't they tap into that for the 1990s Playlist?", but the vibe we see in the decade now doesn't really seem to match that era of attitude, so perhaps we'll see cars more emblematic of a comparatively more innocent time than the extreme sports era we might have known it as before.

The Nissan Zama Heritage Museum is where Turn 10 Studios sources the a lot of the Nissan vehicles for Forza. A lot of the Nissan racecars (R91CP, Nismo R33 GT-R LM, Skyline JGTC, etc.) in Forza are from that museum.
Every Nissan that's been added to the franchise since FM6 has come from there except the Pulsar GTI-R which was scanned in California.

Well it was the official release date of TDU:SC yesterday... And it's also a free weekend for FH5 on Steam.
I get that TDU:SC would have an affect on player numbers but the free weekend on Steam should entice some over.

Hopefully this is just a blip in numbers, or I'm just playing at completely the wrong times lol.

I've been having an absolute nightmare with the "Built Tough" off road championship. The final race is simply ludicrous. I have the Raptor R pushed to the absolute limit but can only manage 2nd and therefore lose the championship and not gain 5 points. Do they make it such that you really are forced to upgrade your 4x4? I just have a standard Raptor R.

I had to stretch my memory a bit, but the very first Need For Speed on 3DO/PS1/PC had the Mk1 Dodge Viper RT/10.

Last edited:
I've been having an absolute nightmare with the "Built Tough" off road championship. The final race is simply ludicrous. I have the Raptor R pushed to the absolute limit but can only manage 2nd and therefore lose the championship and not gain 5 points. Do they make it such that you really are forced to upgrade your 4x4? I just have a standard Raptor R.
I used a tuned to top of class Mitsubishi Montero Evo bud. I won the first two races easily and came second in the last one.

I had to stretch my memory a bit, but the very first Need For Speed on 3DO/PS1/PC had the Mk1 Dodge Viper RT/10.
Also in Vanishing Point (Playstation/Dreamcast) there is a RT/10.
Gran Turismo 1 & 2 have a Race Modification based on the LMGT1 Team Rent-A-Car Racing droved by Rene Arnoux, Justin Bell and Bertand Balas, finished in 12th position at Le Mans 1994: de facto a RT/10 too.

I actually just played it in co-op, using the Chevy Colorado--if you have the Saleen SporTruck from the Horizon Racing Car Pack, that'd be amazing. But if you're in single player and that's all you have, consider either upgrading the Raptor you have or picking up a higher PI car from the Auto show.

Won the entire Cross-Country championship which surprised me.

Had to drive piggish and do some metal smashing maneuvers which sucks though.

I swear, it's almost like Cross-Country in FH5 racing was made by T10 to involve some brutal, well-placed hits to win because the A.I. is sometimes just too fast... of course that's just my thought.

Back