EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,161 comments
Thanks to @PJTierney for the new Setups section on the Discord. Like @UKMikey Im not a huge Discord user (too much riff raff) 😂 but the setups section is well thought out and looks good.

Lowering Ride heights and lengthening the final drive is where my setup abilities end so it looks like it could be a useful tool. 😄👍

Last edited:
Decided to give it a shot myself :mischievous:...........6 seconds behind @RYAN :grumpy::lol:
You can do better than that!!! It's only a short stage! 😂

I'll have to try @PJTierney 's setup from the Discord as all I did was lengthen the final drive and lower the car a couple of clicks.

Last edited:
Does everyone not use cockpit cam, I do play gt7 on bumper cam as I find im faster, but when rallying I find cockpit easier/ much more fun.
I use chase cam for this game primarily. Always felt more comfortable and faster in chase cam than cockpit or bonnet in rally games. Also as a pad user, there's always something that's jarred me using a pad either a cockpit view.

As a Dualshock 4 user I use Bonnet cam in WRC and most realistic games.

In more arcade games like FH Etc I use chase just to experience the visuals a bit more.
Yep, I am exactly the same.

I personally think that, for single screen users, cockpit views are not that realistic as they usually limit your peripheral vision.

I use chase cam except in F1 games where always use the TV pod view, for some reason. Dunno why the difference.

I've tried to give up chase cam really hard. I've gone cold turkey, sworn to myself not to be a noob. I've played cockpit view and enjoyed it. I've thought 'hey this is fine, I think I'm gonna do it' then I have a stressful day and I just look at the PS5 and give in to the temptation time and again. I might try hypnotherapy. I want to be a proper sim racer so much but I just can't give up chase cam, it's awful.

I use chase cam except in F1 games where always use the TV pod view, for some reason. Dunno why the difference.

I've tried to give up chase cam really hard. I've gone cold turkey, sworn to myself not to be a noob. I've played cockpit view and enjoyed it. I've thought 'hey this is fine, I think I'm gonna do it' then I have a stressful day and I just look at the PS5 and give in to the temptation time and again. I might try hypnotherapy. I want to be a proper sim racer so much but I just can't give up chase cam, it's awful.
I wouldn't worry about it - even some pros use chase cam as evidenced in the recent WRC video. Whatever suits your style of play best.

(Personally speaking, I can't use chase cam to save my life which is probably why I'm such a rubbish drifter.)

Last edited:

Nothing noobish or awful about using chase cam. Gives a much better sense for me on controller of where the car is on the road.

Does everyone not use cockpit cam, I do play gt7 on bumper cam as I find im faster, but when rallying I find cockpit easier/ much more fun.
In my case it varies depending on conditions and the car. For DR2 I was exclusively using the bonnet camera, however in this game the hood ends up being a real visual impediment when it gets damaged using that view (and it was happening a lot around release) so I decided to move backwards to the "dash" camera primarily.

For some cars I find the FOV isn't good in that view as it's too narrow or limited visibility e.g. Stratos, the new WRC2 Yaris. In those cases I go back another step i.e one short of full cockpit view. I run ACC in cockpit view with the DS4 but it just doesn't work for me here, it just feels like there's too much of a disconnect (again, probably an FOV issue).

The lighting issue also means I have to go back to bonnet cam on clear-noon snow stages, it's almost impossible to make out the road from an interior view.

Nothing noobish or awful about using chase cam. Gives a much better sense for me on controller of where the car is on the road.
For me it's the complete opposite, in any other camera if I get a slide going I can usually tell if I'm in control or not. Seeing the rear fish-tailing in real time makes me correct it instinctively when I don't need to (more often than not leading to some massive shunts 😅).

Back