EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,187 comments
So in regards to custom (PAK) liveries, are they intended to be standalone or do you have to sacrifice an existing skin? I've downloaded a couple and in both cases they've overwritten the default livery, was wondering if I messed something up or if that was by design...
They replace an existing livery. Same as the .pak Driver Suit skins. Works in the exact same way. Just download, Extract, and place the .pak file in the paks folder of the game.

steamapps > common > EA WRC > WRC > Content > paks

Take the .pak file out of the paks folder and the original livery will return.

@Dreadmed

I'd recommend creating a folder on your desktop to extract all the files too. That way you can hold multiple liveries for each car and it's easy to swap them out without having to re-download them Etc.

If I want to swap out for example a Loeb Xsara livery for a Petter Solberg one all I have to do is delete the Loeb livery from the paks folder and c&p the Petter one in. If you ever want to go back to the Loeb it's still in your unpack folder, No need to go on overtake.gg and download again.

------

Other than Liveries and Driver Suits. Here are some of the other cool things you can do with just adding to the paks file folder -

(Custom Rally Art, Event Plates and Splash screen by JRodrigues27 on overtake.gg)

(Custom Legends Garage Photos by Mesa on overtake.gg)

Last edited:
Sorry about the double post but I thought this would be useful to some people. I've seen a few people in the thread still yet not owning the game.

EA WRC 24 is 72% off on Steam for DiRT Rally 2 owners... What a deal
steamwebhelper_xRISHw6Vu9.png

Handily, If you don't somehow own DR2 by now its
steamwebhelper_KRdeVSYYob.png

That's £12.98 for DiRT Rally 2.0* and EA WRC 24 :cheers:

*(Base DR2, GOTY is £5.24)

Last edited:
It also seems that if you already own EA WRC and you buy the £11 EA WRC 24 on Steam, you get the 2024 upgrade and potentially the two upcoming DLCs for your existing WRC. It gives a warning message that you won't receive a second copy of WRC 24, but that's because what you're buying is actually a bundle of the 2023 game and the expansion, and you already have the 2023 game. Works out as a really bargain price for the upgrade, considering the added content.

So if you don't own the game on PC and buy this you don't get the upcoming DLC, is this right ? Because after reading it all, I'm not clear ? I already own the game on Xbox but not the 24 content. I thought this might be a good way to get it all, start again on PC. ie a complete bargain.

I recently bought an 83" TV so have switched from bonnet to cockpit view. Hasn't made me any faster but it's a lot more immersive.
So, with that size of TV, your optimal viewing distance is...
just doing the maths...
About 3 doors down the road.

PS I use chase cam in all driving games, as I have since about 1985 on the ZX81 (when chase cam was the only option) but as I'm **** at them anyway I don't care :lol:

Last edited:
just doing the maths...

PS I use chase cam in all driving games, as I have since about 1985 on the ZX81 (when chase cam was the only option) but as I'm **** at them anyway I don't care :lol:
Oh the ZX81, Yeah I remember that Citroen 😗

4cb0925749544e1fcac9357f35143801_w200.gif

Last edited:
So if you don't own the game on PC and buy this you don't get the upcoming DLC, is this right ? Because after reading it all, I'm not clear ? I already own the game on Xbox but not the 24 content. I thought this might be a good way to get it all, start again on PC. ie a complete bargain.

There's a table on the Steam store page which explains it:

WRC_2024_Comparison_table_Steam_en.png

The only game that's available for purchase now is WRC 24, which is the 2023 WRC game plus 2024 expansion plus two future addons. It's not actually possible to buy the game without all three addons now.

Anyone who already owns the 2023 game can buy either the 2024 locations and cars, or the full expansion including both those and the two DLCs to come.

just doing the maths...

Car game on a ZX81, how was that even possible lol ? Two lines of code and it was full.

Back