Engine Swaps

obsessive rules
heres my rant; too many people put wishlists up and im sick of them, gt5 is without dought the best RCS out there. And the physics code cope, an x1 engined fiat 500 sounds good but in practice, not so...

Maybe a limit on it, fiat 500 with a citroen wrc engine would be better.

Rant over, now for my for arguement, a Caterham with 500 bhp=Levante, just ask PD to add powerful versions of cars, or mod them...:grumpy:

If yer sick of the wish lists then don't readem. Not like anyone's forcing you

Also you misspelled argument and doubt 8D

No! I don't think PD should ever go down that road, this game offers enough in terms of variety to keep everybody happy, maybe just refine the tuning/mods part to give more options. Gran Turismo is supposed to celebrate the beauty of how automobiles came to the market, not some wild zoo of hybrids racing around.

In real life, I'm actually cool with swapping, I'm in the process of stripping down my S13 to prep it for an LSx engine. I'm gonna guesstimate 3 years until completion.

LancerEvo7
"Felipe, everyone is faster than you. Can you confirm you have understood this message?"

:lol:

You mean Felipe, Alonso is faster then you can you confirm you have understood this message?

Last edited:
Realisticly, I'd like to have the '06 Ford GT 5.4L V8 (same as SVT Lightning but somehow more power) in the Premium Mustang, and in the Mach 1. Smaller engine than what's already in the Mach 1 but whatever, more power. (Pretty sure a 351 is bigger than a 330). Would be nice to be able to change heads, as a good set of heads on that Mach 1 (ALL 351W heads are ****) will boost the hp from 300 to 375 maybe even 400. Then add the rest of it in (bore/stroke, headers, filters, exhaust etc) and you're looking at nearly 800 horse, and with an HO SVO block over 1300 EASY.

Last edited:
xSNAKEx
I just want a broader range of tuning parts. do AWAY with stages likev they have now for more variety.

you should be able to choose between different turbos, engine tunes etc, none neccesarily being faster than the other outright but rather to fit what YOU want out of the car and your driving style.

for example somebody could decide to go down the oath of a really laggy unresponsive car but with massive power vs a taught and responsive tuning method with less power
both cars could be equally fast depending on the driving style track etc

I'm gonna agree with this! I'd love to be able to make the premium Z33 into an Option Z if I wanted, or properly tune a race/rally car using specific parts, not just 'Engine Stage 1' or something...it's like the whole game is run by Nismo or Amuse, with different stages of upgrade packages, rather than actual parts. You can imagine stage 3 being huge racing throttle bodies, new ignition system, fuel management system and all that...

slashfan7964
Realisticly, I'd like to have the '06 Ford GT 5.4L V8 (same as SVT Lightning but somehow more power) in the Premium Mustang, and in the Mach 1. Smaller engine than what's already in the Mach 1 but whatever, more power. (Pretty sure a 351 is bigger than a 330). Would be nice to be able to change heads, as a good set of heads on that Mach 1 (ALL 351W heads are ****) will boost the hp from 300 to 375 maybe even 400. Then add the rest of it in (bore/stroke, headers, filters, exhaust etc) and you're looking at nearly 800 horse, and with an HO SVO block over 1300 EASY.

Slash the engine in the ford gt was quite different. It had different heads pistons ect to make more boost. Also it had an aluminum block. Also I know a guy with a stock 71 Mach 1 and it has the 351 Cleveland not the Windsor which is a big difference. The heads on the Cleveland are much better.👍

Slash the engine in the ford gt was quite different. It had different heads pistons ect to make more boost. Also it had an aluminum block. Also I know a guy with a stock 71 Mach 1 and it has the 351 Cleveland not the Windsor which is a big difference. The heads on the Cleveland are much better.👍

Yes I know the block was aluminum, and of course they would change all that, it's a supercar. But that's not my point. That's why I said more power, it has better parts.

Clevelands are big blocks, Windsors are small. The Windsor heads BLOW, fact. Been proven. Thats why we put 302 heads on the 351. Clevelands were optional for the Mach 1's but are not found as often as Windsors. My dad has a friend with a Cleveland in his Mach 1. And then they put Cleveland heads on a Windsor creating the Boss 351.

EDIT: Correction, Cleveland is smaller than a Windsor.

Personally I think Windsors are better blocks, they are beefier and can handle greater power. But Clevelands have better parts in terms of performance and depending on the year. Windsors also have more aftermarket readily available because the block is so abundent. Well I shouldn't say that, Clevelands have them but they cost about 30% more. If you really build a Cleveland then yes it will destroy a Windosr but Windsors are easier to find and make a LOT of power for cheap, hence the popularity. Clevelands have better heads, and a smaller deck height creating better compression and a dry intake, and the hose goes in at a 90 degree angle but other than that, there are no real big differences in the engines.

Last edited:
What i've mentioned in another thread.

What i'd like to see would be the ability to take a car into a sandbox mode

You use a selected cars base model, and suspension geometry but you can tweak the engine.

I'd imagine you can input power curve via ten points to draw the power curve, and then the same for torque curve.

Gears completely selectable, so you can give a 4 speed to a car that's 5 speed in game etc.

Weight and balance could be set, as well as powered wheels.

Sounds selected from existing cars should you wish them to be changed.

Would be great to recreate similar cars to those available, or to reengine existing cars.

The problem with this though would be that people would abuse it by taking their favourite car, giving it virtually no weight and a hugely powerfull engine. So only allow them to be used in arcade mode and specific online modes?

If yer sick of the wish lists then don't readem. Not like anyone's forcing you

Also you misspelled argument and doubt 8D
Ok, thanks for realising its a sunday and i cant spell when im lazy (according to the school, im dyslexic) and use the smiles in advanced:dunce:

slashfan7964
Yes I know the block was aluminum, and of course they would change all that, it's a supercar. But that's not my point. That's why I said more power, it has better parts.

Clevelands are big blocks, Windsors are small. The Windsor heads BLOW, fact. Been proven. Thats why we put 302 heads on the 351. Clevelands were optional for the Mach 1's but are not found as often as Windsors. My dad has a friend with a Cleveland in his Mach 1. And then they put Cleveland heads on a Windsor creating the Boss 351.

EDIT: Correction, Cleveland is smaller than a Windsor.

Personally I think Windsors are better blocks, they are beefier and can handle greater power. But Clevelands have better parts in terms of performance and depending on the year. Windsors also have more aftermarket readily available because the block is so abundent. Well I shouldn't say that, Clevelands have them but they cost about 30% more. If you really build a Cleveland then yes it will destroy a Windosr but Windsors are easier to find and make a LOT of power for cheap, hence the popularity. Clevelands have better heads, and a smaller deck height creating better compression and a dry intake, and the hose goes in at a 90 degree angle but other than that, there are no real big differences in the engines.

Your right that it's cheaper to build a windsor but being thy we're talking gt5 here a Cleveland would be the go as money isn't a factor. And I've heard from ford junkies all over that the Cleveland is the stronger block than the Windsor, but I personally have no opinion because if you really want to go fast just put a small block 350 in it.:D

Your right that it's cheaper to build a windsor but being thy we're talking gt5 here a Cleveland would be the go as money isn't a factor. And I've heard from ford junkies all over that the Cleveland is the stronger block than the Windsor, but I personally have no opinion because if you really want to go fast just put a small block 350 in it.:D

I have no experience with Clevelands, only Windsors so in reality it may be stronger, but there is less to shave off as far as bore and stroking it so it can't go all the way to a 454 like a Windsor, thanks to the lower deck height. The best it can do is a 408 as far as I know. Both are great engines but like I said before, stock, the Cleveland wins. Built, Windsor wins.

And it being GT5, the Cleveland isn't in it anyway, the Windsor it, it even says in the description.

Fiat 500F + X1 Engine = ultimate trollmobile

The best suggestion so far.👍

But I can't think of how a car that's as aerodanamic as a cardboard box could handle above 150mph. Above that speed, something has to give... I would see it impossible for that little car to overwhelm the force of the wind in speeds above 200mph without proper aerodinamics and some weight added.

I want to jack up my Lightning, put mudders on it and make it a 4x4!

I do think we'll see engine swaps but that won't be until GT6. I also think GT6 will have less cars than GT5 as 15% of the cars in the game are just unnecessary.

Id rather them get evidence of what each cars motor could theoretically handle the base the power off of that. The 2jz is capable is 1500+hp and if I remember correctly, it was proposed that the SR20 could handle in excess of 3000hp.

Honestly there should be a generic drop a 350 in it option. I mean that's the most popular swap anywhere. :sly:

All Corvette fans would agree that a generic LS drop would be the most sensible thing.

I think the coolest thing would be a VK56 in a S15.

Doesnt the Tuning Shop make engine swaps redundant?

I mean for example you can tune a civic type R to 400 hp.. thats more hp than any engine you could realistically put in there.

This is a stupid request that will never be implemented..

Doesnt the Tuning Shop make engine swaps redundant?

I mean for example you can tune a civic type R to 400 hp.. thats more hp than any engine you could realistically put in there.

This is a stupid request that will never be implemented..

Really, that's funny cause that isn't all that realistic to be honest. I've seen many civics at car shows and cruise nights with more power than that. As well as cocky owners with their dyno queen sheets to show for it. The tuning shop is more redundant than the OPs request. K series engines are quite different than the b series engines that the Civic type R your talking about handles. The K would have more power from the get go at a higher rev and when built up achieve more power. However, 400 isn't all the B series can achieve and same goes for the SR20 in the S15 that is poorly portrayed.

Really, that's funny cause that isn't all that realistic to be honest. I've seen many civics at car shows and cruise nights with more power than that. As well as cocky owners with their dyno queen sheets to show for it. The tuning shop is more redundant than the OPs request. K series engines are quite different than the b series engines that the Civic type R your talking about handles. The K would have more power from the get go at a higher rev and when built up achieve more power. However, 400 isn't all the B series can achieve and same goes for the SR20 in the S15 that is poorly portrayed.

Oh believe me I'm aware of that. I've seen 20+ psi civics running 700+ hp on the street. But what (i'm assuming) people in this thread dont realize, that a 700hp FWD car is about 1 degree off of USELESS. floor it in any gear and you'll just spin the wheels and lose all turning. It would literally be the dumbest thing ever.

PD did a great job balancing the cars IMO

Oh believe me I'm aware of that. I've seen 20+ psi civics running 700+ hp on the street. But what (i'm assuming) people in this thread dont realize, that a 700hp FWD car is about 1 degree off of USELESS. floor it in any gear and you'll just spin the wheels and lose all turning. It would literally be the dumbest thing ever.

PD did a great job balancing the cars IMO

Okay now I see where you're coming from

However, I still don't really agree, the engine swap would do many things as I've said for those who want to build their own race ready civic. The k series around a track with around 340-360 would be great due to the high rpm. Something that the standard r can provide but not the same limit as one with a k-series engine. Also since PD did a great job (one of few to me) with drifting I'd say engine swaps for rear wheel drive cars would help drifters personalize their cars. Anyone really, and if someone wants to make a glorified drag civic with 700hp that's there business they have ways to fix wheel spin, trust me I'm aware of how awful FF cars are when you give them a bit of power hence why I no longer will race them or take them to a drag strip.

Back