Euro 2016 Qualification Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 480 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually going to miss Wales vs Belgium on Friday because on Friday night I will be travelling to Padua, Italy for a gaelic football tournament on Saturday.

Very, very gutted to be missing this game. It's crucial and unless I can find WiFi somewhere in Venezia, I won't know the result of it until Sunday!

Stick me down for a ground out 1-0 Wales victory.

Group B

1st Belgium P5 W3 D2 L0 +12 11pts
2nd Wales P5 W3 D2 L0 +5 11pts
---
3rd Israel P5 W3 D0 L2 +3 9pts
4th Cyprus P5 W2 D0 L3 -1 6pts
5th Bosnia-HG P5 W1 D2 L2 -1 5pts
6th Andorra P5 W0 D0 L5 -18 0pts

Tom Cleverly called up to England squad to replace injured Ryan Mason...

Ireland 0-0 England full time score, bit of a dull game, Jamie Vardy made his debut coming on for Rooney...

The next round of qualifiers start tonight as we near the conclusion of this stage of the competition, here are the fixtures..

Group A

Kazakhstan v Turkey
Iceland v Czech Republic
Latvia v Netherlands

Group B

Andorra v Cyprus
Bosnia v Israel
Wales v Belgium

Group H

Croatia v Italy
Malta v Bulgaria
Norway v Azerbaijan

------------------------------

Saturday

Group D

Poland v Georgia
Ireland v Scotland
Gibraltar v Germany

Group I

Armenia v Portugal
Denmark v Serbia

Group F

Finland v Hungary
Northern Ireland v Romania
Faroe Islands v Greece

------------------------------

Sunday

Group C

Ukraine v Luxembourg
Belarus v Spain
Slovakia v Macedonia

Group E

Estonia v San Marino
Slovenia v England
Lithuania v Switzerland

Group G

Liechtenstein v Moldova
Russia v Austria
Sweden v Montenegro

---------------------------------

Massive game between Wales and Belgium later with both teams on the same points at the top of the group (both on 11), Kompany and Fellaini missing for the Belgians, Chester and Ramsey will hopefully be fit for Wales, Dummett and Ben Davies miss out..

I'm Welsh and ****ing proud of it right now @mister dog !!!!

Brilliant performance, never thought we could do it, we were well organised and sussed out any Belgian attack, Belgium were crap and didn't do a lot, and they are the second best team in the world?!!

Brendan Rodgers: "At least they showed great character". Seriously though, what a win for Wales!

I'm Welsh and ****ing proud of it right now @mister dog !!!!

Brilliant performance, never thought we could do it, we were well organised and sussed out any Belgian attack, Belgium were crap and didn't do a lot, and they are the second best team in the world?!!
Apparently. Benteke and Lukaku were just doing their evening stroll it seemed. Nice assist by Nainggolan by the way! Anyhow that's the nice thing about football, the underdog can always win if they play the game right.

Lovely atmosphere in the stadion also i must say 👍

Ireland and Scotland drew 1-1 in a game both needed to win and Northern Ireland and Romania drew 0-0 in a result that does N.Ireland no favours, Germany spanked Gibraltar 0-7!

England away to Slovenia later...

The Atmosphere in Cardiff on Friday night was brilliant!

If England lose today then Wales will go above them in the rankings!

And England are 1-0 down!!

Last edited:
Rooney is just three goals away from Charlton's record and he could've equalled it in this game...

WHAT A STRIKE!!! Fantastic by Wilshire!!!

Since when did he turn into Frank Lampard?!

......Aaaaaannnnnnddd its 2-2!

RRRooonnnneeyyy its 2-3!!!

Last edited:
Rip Israel 2016. The loss to B&H effectively eliminates their chances at Euro 2016.

Good game, England were rubbish in the first half but much better in the second....

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I missed this game due to travelling. Only caught up with the action now. This is amazing. I can't tell you how happy this makes me.

Three points clear in our Euro group.
Pot One for the World Cup draws.
Knocking on the door of a top 10 World Ranking.
Possibly, possibly going ahead of England in the rankings.

This is an unbelievable time to be a Welsh football fan.

I think we've all missed the biggest news of the night...

14/11/2014 - Greece 0-1 Faroe Islands
14/06/2015 - Faroe Islands 2-1 Greece

That might be the only time that the Faroes have done the double over an opponent in a qualifying group. And it's over the 2004 European Champions.

It's really sad how bloody awful the Greek team is now. Their dogged, grind out a 1-0 win ethos has just vanished. Omnishambles.

But in other countries-I've-lived-in news, my current country, Slovakia, kept up their 100% record with a win over Macedonia. And our neighbours Austria are top of their group.

Christ. Imagine Wales and Slovakia both at a major tournament. It could happen.

Wtf is that on Bale's head? It's not a good look for Andy Carroll and it's not a good look on Bale. It's only a matter of time before he goes for the full Jason pineapple on head Lee.

I must say, as far as moaning managers go Martin O'Neill is really top tier. Literally complaining about the refereeing even though their goal was offside and McCarthy showed what hes like again by elbowing someone again.

It's funny when people make out like Scott Brown is a thug yet all he does is intimidate and do it well. Spectacular footballer for the national team, hope we can still get a play-off at least. Poland at Hampden is the biggie.

I must say, as far as moaning managers go Martin O'Neill is really top tier. Literally complaining about the refereeing even though their goal was offside and McCarthy showed what hes like again by elbowing someone again.
Steven Naismith is a 🤬 though.

I'll be honest, while it was Ireland's best performance in a while and they were the better team, they didn't deserve a victory. They just completely switched off for Maloney's goal (well, John O'Shea's OG) and that's just poor.

Also, Wes Hoolahan has been criminally underused for his entire career for both club and country. He really could have had a fantastic career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back