***Euro GT500 Championship***Sign-up Open***Closing - New Thread UP***

We've tested both cars, so driver comparison was removed. GT-R was faster.

Ye, I think if there would be 10 races on different tracks,
Gt-R would win more than any other make. But we can´t
go and raise any odd cars PP too high, we could risk that
suddenly all want to use just that 1.

I think we have so long get much more even grid, than if we
would use hp-levels instead.Just little tweaking, then
we are ready to go.:)

Remember then, when the series start the 3 fastest guys
will get PP-penalties. It will also tight up the grid.👍

I agree that we can't jump to giving the Supra loads more pp. I was just bringing your attention to it so we can do more testing with it to balance it out.

i needed to spend major cash on restoring rigidity of my car so might explain some of the pace anyway....i think the 2 pp is fair enough n sould balace it out......but if 2 ppl r givin up xanvi gt-r me n gta will use it :)

i had to drive epson nsx in another champ.....has massive hp n handles a bit like a shopping trolly........fun when u get it on the limit thou

i forgot to say that the other guy fron our dutch group is bikkel10.if its possible he would like to join .i'l let you know what car he drives(no yellowhat).

I am thinking about using the Woodone GTR since nobody else is using it, so i went and bought 1.
I didn't put turbo on it and It has 544bhp with stage 3 engine and only at 601pp.

I tried a lap on Indy road just before WSGTC race and it feels like a rocket but the time tells a different story compared to what i was running yesterday lol.

Will i be allowed run it with that much bhp?

We have a classical debate between the organizers and competitiors. The organizers want to create as even as possible races between the different cars and the competitors want to find a car giving him a competitive advantage. But in the end, the organizers will have the final say because thats what everybody wants. In this league, Eppe is the organizer and I'm assisting him.

There are 16 Premium GT500 cars. For 11 of them we think have a rock solid PP for close and fair racing. They are:
- Four Honda NSX (Takata, Raybring, Arta, Epson)
- Four GT-R (Yellowhat, Casonic, Xanavi, Motul)
- Two Lexus (Petronas, Denso)
- One Nissan Z (Xanaivi)

When selecting a car, pick one from the list above. the only car we already have four of is the GT-R yellowhat. So if you want a GT-R, pick the Xanaivi or the Calsonic. They are identical to the Yellowhat but in a different color.

There are five cars we don't have a good PP for. Supra Yellowhat, Toms Supra, GT-R Woodone, Lexus Enos, and Lexus Bandai. If you're hot on one of these cars, do the following
- If you want a GT-R, pick one of the other four
- If you want a Lexus, pick the Denso or Petronas.

There are still enough of these cars available to make a colorful grid.

The top priority car to find a good PP for is the Toms Supra. It would be nice to have Supras. The Supra Yellowhat is a straight line rocketship but a dog in the corners, so I have little hope that we will find a fair PP to the other cars. I haven't tested the Toms Supra yet, but hopefully we will be able to find a fair PP for it.

For now, focus you car selection on the eleven cars listed at the top of this post, and stay tuned for what we find out about the Toms Supra.

Car selection guidelines

We have a classical debate between the organizers and competitiors. The organizers want to create as even as possible races between the different cars and the competitors want to find a car giving him a competitive advantage. But in the end, the organizers will have the final say because thats what everybody wants. In this league, Eppe is the organizer and I'm assisting him.

There are 16 Premium GT500 cars. For 11 of them we think have a rock solid PP for close and fair racing. They are:
- Four Honda NSX (Takata, Raybring, Arta, Epson)
- Four GT-R (Yellowhat, Casonic, Xanavi, Motul)
- Two Lexus (Petronas, Denso)
- One Nissan Z (Xanaivi)

When selecting a car, pick one from the list above. the only car we already have four of is the GT-R yellowhat. So if you want a GT-R, pick the Xanaivi or the Calsonic. They are identical to the Yellowhat but in a different color.

There are five cars we don't have a good PP for. Supra Yellowhat, Toms Supra, GT-R Woodone, Lexus Enos, and Lexus Bandai. If you're hot on one of these cars, do the following
- If you want a GT-R, pick one of the other four
- If you want a Lexus, pick the Denso or Petronas.

There are still enough of these cars available to make a colorful grid.

The top priority car to find a good PP for is the Toms Supra. It would be nice to have Supras. The Supra Yellowhat is a straight line rocketship but a dog in the corners, so I have little hope that we will find a fair PP to the other cars. I haven't tested the Toms Supra yet, but hopefully we will be able to find a fair PP for it.

For now, focus you car selection on the eleven cars listed at the top of this post, and stay tuned for what we find out about the Toms Supra.

bumping to the new page

Last edited:
Seems i don't have any choice now... Me and Schumi have bought the Bandazi Direzza Lexus and Schumi did some practise yesterday with the lowered PP you guys suggested (613PP)...
I don't care since i have loads of money in the game but you can't allow a car and then suddenly ban it?
Eppe suggested that we could use it -> I pm'ed Schumi who bought the car -> Lowered the PP to 613 -> Did some testing -> The car gets banned....

Schumi drove EXACTLY the same times that he did in the NSX...

Yesterday we could not use a lexus (banned) so eppe tipped us about the other lexus. So bought that one and spent probably 2 hours practise and setup. Now its also banned? Hopefully i mix up the cars, or Maybe i misread eppes post?

You did'nt miss read Schumi...
The Bandai Direzza got lowered PP so that it could join...

You did'nt miss read Schumi...
The Bandai Direzza got lowered PP so that it could join...

Here is what I don't get. Why all the activity on the five cars that are different when there are eleven where we know we have a rock solid PP for even competition.

Out of the Lexus, the Denso and Petronas are identical. The Denso is used by two drivers, non is using the Petronas. On page 15 in this thread I asked Xanor to please use the Petronas and everything would have been very straight forward.

To figure out a rock solid PP for an odd car takes a lot of time. First we have to tune it very well to be able to compare it to the "benchmark cars" that are also tuned very well. Then it has to be tested on multible tracks to ensure the PP is right under different conditions. This also takes a lot of time.

I know Eppe and I are not consistent in our communication because we cannot talk ourselves together all the time. But please please, try to make it easy for us. All we want is to create as fair competition as possible which is what we all want in the end.

Yeah but Eppe tried the Bandai Direzza Lexus and lowered the PP and drove consequent lap times around Indy with it...
If you rank the perfomance in the cars (since it is decending or ascending in the PP table in your garage) your Denso Sard Lexus is at the top if you put ALL Lexus cars at the same PP so something is definatly better with your car in that case... The Petronas is dead last if i remeber correctly... How fair is that in that case.
But of course i see your point with a fair championship.

But this point is REALLY IMPORTANT!

REMOVE THE CARS FROM THE FIRST PAGE!!! AND PLZ REMOVE THE PICS AS WELL!

That way we could remove all problems that this makes...

Did some serious testing on the Rome Circuit yesterday and found that the difference between the Lexuses are 0.2-0.3 with EXAKT the same PP and settings...
Rome has 2 long straits and highspeed turns and slow corners as well... I cant see the problem... If you watch a real race on tv or irl you soon notice that some cars are faster in corners and some are faster on the straits...
I also tested topspeed at the Nürburgring (dragracing) and the difference is not to big... Denso, Petronas 291km/h at the end of the long straight (drove backwards between the bridges), the Bandai has 292km/h and the banned Eneos has a top speed of 295km/h ALL with the exact same setup...
This is the last time i change car. If you change the regulations once more im dropping the series 100%...

Good morning! I´m a little sick and been throwing up all night.:drool:

I have in my tests always bought engine stage 3 and the
turbo 3 to the cars. Then lowered the PP.
I have to look now what happens to all the cars, if not
using Turbo.....If a car gets an 20hp advantage, it will
probably get too fast on straights.

I think You all will find it better if the the cars would be as
equal in their performance.

Nice that MaccGyver asked that, because I havent tested
do Woodone without Turbo. That is too much hp.....

i think we should drop the Toms Supra.
hammed it out at indy yesterday n as soon as i switch to gt-r its .7 faster

im not being a baby about it, just tryin to have a level playing field for everyone.

basically areo on 40-65 heres the comparison

Supra - 1998cc 526bhp 1150kg = 2.15 kg/bhp (457bhp per ton)

X gt-r - 4494cc 524bhp 1100kg = 2.06 kg/bhp (476bhp per ton)

Supra just doesnt handle as well.

Me and gtafreak47 would like to swap to Xanavi GT-R with the team name "Team Extreme"

cheers

It would be best if We really find the right PP for every car.
Personally I think that it would be nice to have the Supra
here. Dont just yet change, we could test with 617PP around
a track with much corners and for ex Indy.

I´m a little confuced now when I´m sick, but I will remember
that I managed same laptimes yesterday with Supra having 615 PP on Indy....But I could easily mixup also.

pretty sure early in the week i found the difference to be about the same on fuji.
the 50 kg weight penelty kills it........would b nice to av it coz it looks the best...... 1997 areodynamics are not as efficient as todays cars lol

or maybe we could try the Yellow hat supra today n see if its similar to gt-r

pretty sure early in the week i found the difference to be about the same on fuji.
the 50 kg weight penelty kills it........would b nice to av it coz it looks the best...... 1997 areodynamics are not as efficient as todays cars lol

or maybe we could try the Yellow hat supra today n see if its similar to gt-r

Yeah, Please try also on a "fantasy track" as we´re using
them also. I think they are really different. For ex I drove
all the cars within 0.5 secs. around Deep Forest with all the
cars having 613PP a few weeks ago.:dunce:
And I always use DF for setting my cars up, so I know it
really well(driver factor).

problem with such test is u cant remove all the variables.......if u were driving all the cars as u drove the first 1 u might not reach the limit of each car...... also might just av been u gettin more familiar with the track........tbf we'd prefer the xanavi if we change.....seems silly to pump so much time into testing 1 odd car anyway

RamoSapiens
I´m gonna try at least with the Drama.:)
Feeling little better already, maybe I´m in a need
of some whisky, to kill the bacteria. 👍

Haha Whiakey ftw!!!

Drivers-------Teams----------------Cars:

1.Bigadz----Dukes of Hazzard-----Xanavi Nismo Z
2.Paginas---Dukes of Hazzard-----Xanavi Nismo Z
3.Scanny_Flick---**********-----Xanavi GT-R
4.Tony1311------**********-----Xanavi GT-R (Changed to Epson NSX ?)
5.FittCP----*************-------Arta NSX (Changed to Lexus Petronas ?)
6.Schumi74----**********-------Arta NSX (Changed to Lexus Petronas ?)
7.m-peltonen----*********-------Calsonic GT-R
8.XsApollo--------*********-------Yellowhat Supra
9.Nycrom--------*********-------Yellowhat Supra
10.eppe00-----Old Farts Racing----Lexus Denso
11.Johnkiller2--Old Farts Racing----Lexus Denso
12.C-Falcon89---************----Raybrig NSX
13.HortusIX------************----Raybrig NSX
14.StretchY-------CG.Racing----------Yellowhat GT-R
15.Lennox--------CG.Racing----------Yellowhat GT-R
16.gtafreak47----Team Extreme----------Castrol Toms Supra
17.Diesel-Zee----Team Extreme----------Castrol Toms Supra
18.L33for---------**********--------**************
19.jimmy281090---********-------***************
20.Glutinous---********-------***************
21.senna2002---********-------Yellowhat GT-R
22.mrT3z--------*********------Yellowhat GT-R

Above is the C&P from the first page drivers list. I think its reasonably up to date.

Here are the car list I propose.
- PP605 - Four Honda NSX (Takata, Raybring, Arta, Epson)
- PP613 - Four GT-R (Yellowhat, Casonic, Xanavi, Motul)
- PP615 - Two Lexus (Petronas, Denso)
- PP617 - One Nissan Z (Xanavi)

To make a colorful grid, If we for the time being limit each specific car to maximum 4. We get following cars still to pick within bracket ():
- Honda NSX - Takata (4), Arta (4), Raybring (2), Epson (3 or 4)
- Nissan GT-R - Xananvi (2 or 3), Calsonic (3), Motul (4), Yellowhat (none)
- Lexus - Petronas (2 or 4), Denso (2)
- Nissan Z - Xanavi (2)

If you cannot find a car within the list above that you like, you must have a very special taste.

problem with such test is u cant remove all the variables.......if u were driving all the cars as u drove the first 1 u might not reach the limit of each car...... also might just av been u gettin more familiar with the track........tbf we'd prefer the xanavi if we change.....seems silly to pump so much time into testing 1 odd car anyway

Want a epson :P ?

Seems like we dont have much choice Johan... Guess we have to stick with the Petronas...

Back