• Same cars the whole season.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Any GT500 car

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Doesn´t matter, all I care for is to drive for my King&Country

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Will be working 12 hours mon-wed so i was wondering if us swedes can get together tonight for some suzuka, otherwise i dont know if i can qualify. Do we have a captain who will arrange something?

Will be working 12 hours mon-wed so i was wondering if us swedes can get together tonight for some suzuka, otherwise i dont know if i can qualify. Do we have a captain who will arrange something?

I think Johnkiller is the "coach"/"captain" of our team. Depends on what time it is tonight...

I cannot do it today, but here is what I done.

Below is a list of Team Sweden's PSNs. We should all be "friends" on the PS3 network, so get started adding. I added Centura to the list as he has been active on this thread.

Sweden:
johnkiller2
chorda
FittCP
mrpink444
Midmark
ghoztmazta
schumi74
GTP_BAZZ
centura

I also created a Team Sweden Social Group in this web page. If you haven't recieved an invitation, let me know.

I you want to arrange a training session, post it on this thread or even better on the Team Sweden Social Group page.

"I also created a Team Sweden Social Group in this web page. If you haven't recieved an invitation, let me know.
I you want to arrange a training session, post it on this thread or even better on the Team Sweden Social Group page."

It would be fine if U post here when U have training sessions.
I can join and hold the binoculars!

BTW. How do You quote only parts of the text?

Last edited:
Gubbar,

The Team Sweden social group is now up, some have accepted the invite. None except members can view the content so we have the oppty to talk about team tactics, etc.

I added all of Team Sweden as friends on the PS3. All should do that. I might do some practice tonight. We should easily find eachother through the "community" page in the game. That way we can easily practice together also on a casual bases.

Thanks for tonight guys. Some training was good for me. But if you leave a gap i will take it :P

Shumi is probably the fastest tonight. i havent raced so many others, but the others should be really fast too!

and i gotta say, team sweden is crazy fast :D

This is for new Guys as also a reminder for older Guys.
Read this carefully ----> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

Think we´re going though to skip the "Gentleman Rule" in the
Race, because its hard to say if there was contact or not. So
I suggest that we race normally, and watch the replays then after the Race instead.

Heres a few tips for everyone:

1. Be careful in the first corner.Its a long race, there comes
opportunities for overtaking many many times.
2.Be careful the first laps, as your car has cold tires.
3.If there isn´t room, don´t try to overtake. It will most sure
lead to a collision and penalties.
4.Drive with the track map set to 1 or 2. You will see were
everyone is , when yuo´re defending your position.
5. You are only allowed to change line once when somebodys
slipstreaming.Do it twice or goin like a snake results in 5 sec penalty.
6.Respect members of the other Teams also.
7.Thank You for reading.:)

Excellent tips Eppe. Simple, short, and to the point.

Team Sweden.

Jag har satt igång några diskussionstrådar på våran konfidentiella social group sida. Gå dit och dela med er.

This is for new Guys as also a reminder for older Guys.
Read this carefully ----> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

Think we´re going though to skip the "Gentleman Rule" in the
Race, because its hard to say if there was contact or not. So
I suggest that we race normally, and watch the replays then after the Race instead.

Heres a few tips for everyone:

1. Be careful in the first corner.Its a long race, there comes
opportunities for overtaking many many times.
2.Be careful the first laps, as your car has cold tires.
3.If there isn´t room, don´t try to overtake. It will most sure
lead to a collision and penalties.
4.Drive with the track map set to 1 or 2. You will see were
everyone is , when yuo´re defending your position.
5. You are only allowed to change line once when somebodys
slipstreaming.Do it twice or goin like a snake results in 5 sec penalty.
6.Respect members of the other Teams also.
7.Thank You for reading.:)

Only bumped to the new page.

Yeah good rules there to follow. Can i clear up one more thing....

If someone gains a position 'unfairly', by outbraking themselves and maybe cutting the corner can they give the place(s) back to avoid penalties after the race or will they face a penalty regardless?

Btw I have raced with you guys enough now to know that while there maybe light contact and side panel rubbing there shouldnt be a problem with deliberate take outs.

I for one am happy to take responsibility for anything unacceptable but in any case it would never be on purpose. 👍

Yeah good rules there to follow. Can i clear up one more thing....

If someone gains a position 'unfairly', by outbraking themselves and maybe cutting the corner can they give the place(s) back to avoid penalties after the race or will they face a penalty regardless?

We use the fastest way around the track, so there is not such thing as corner-cutting.Would just be too much to judge from
the replay.
If You gain a position without touching anybody, its fine.

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE!!! Read post #1.

We have changed a lot according the races, so go back to
first post and read the whole post and specially "Quali and Race procedure".

For instance we only drive 1 race, with a mandatory Pitstop.
(last week 2 races without pitstops)
The Race starts with a Formation/Parade lap, so everybody
will get their heartrate to the right level (170-180).

Because of these many changes, We decided to have another
Pre-Race this week, too see how everybody has understanded how it works. Track is Suzuka/18 laps +1 parade lap.

If everything works fine the Championship will start then next week (thu 17.2).

Any questions?

Last edited:
I hate to whine.. But if corner cutting is allowed, I'm out.

If You wanna look at 16 replays * 35min. You got the job.
Then we will give penalties for corner cutting.👍

EDIT: If there would be different corner cutting penalties it would be just fine.
But not the ***** ghost cars here.

EDIT: If there would be different corner cutting penalties it would be just fine.

Yeah its impossible to police. We have to adopt the policy of '2 wheels at all times on the race track'.
If anyone witnesses anyone else doing it then remember the lap and report it after the race for investgation. Other than that we just have to trust people are being fair.

Finally found this thread! Searched the WRS forums for a couple days thinking that Johnkiller/XaNoR had lost their minds! :) Looking forward to some races with you all!

Yeah its impossible to police. We have to adopt the policy of '2 wheels at all times on the race track'.
If anyone witnesses anyone else doing it then remember the lap and report it after the race for investgation. Other than that we just have to trust people are being fair.

Hey. This is not an issue.In the tracks that we´re using, there
isn´t many of those places, were U could get a better laptime
by corner-cutting. Its better that everyone uses those few
places, than I´m getting Dozens of corner-cutting PM:s after every race. I just try to do everything as simple as possible.
There is other Series in GTPlanet for "real racedriver wannabees". If Somebody got a problem with this Serie, You
feel free to leave!

Corner-cutting case is closed :drool:

Sorry Guys, but I´m a little ***sed of!

Hey. This is not an issue.In the tracks that we´re using, there
isn´t many of those places, were U could get a better laptime
by corner-cutting. Its better that everyone uses those few
places, than I´m getting Dozens of corner-cutting PM:s after every race. I just try to do everything as simple as possible.
There is other Series in GTPlanet for "real racedriver wannabees". If Somebody got a problem with this Serie, You
feel free to leave!

Corner-cutting case is closed :drool:

Sorry Guys, but I´m a little ***sed of!

Eppe I wasnt intending to frustrate anyone by posting the suggestion. Im easy with whatever, Im sure everyone appreciates your organisation of the series. 👍
I like the latest addition with the single race and pitstop btw.

It's not that you HAVE to look for penaltys eppe00.. As long as the rule is there, it's fine. And if someone cutts a corner and gaining time and at the same time is watched and reported by someone, a penalty should be handed. And if someone cutts a corner and no one is reporting it.. So be it.. He got away this time. No big deal. It's just the fact that cutting corners is something I don't want to ba a part of.

I'm just expressing my opinion and I'm not trying to piss you off.

Just use the 2 wheel on track/curb at all times and things will be fine.

And if you ask me, we use a lot of tracks that are heaven to proffessional cornercutters.

Suzuka (the fast lefthander prior the last chicane, the last chicane)
Laguna Seca (corkscrew, Turn 1, Turn 6)
Indy Road (Turn 1/2, S bends, secont to last corner)
Nurb GP/F (last chicane)
Grand Valley (a lot of corners to cut, most of them in the middle sector)
Trial Moutain (turn 1, turn 2 and also the last turn is well known for corner cutting)
Nurb 24h (A lot of possible corners to cut)

You don't get many reports I can tell you. I have hosted 3 events and got 1 report. I personally would not report a cutt if I did not get damaged or overtaken as a result.

And please eppe00, you have to leave your emotions out. I'm just trying to discuss my point of view. And statements like yours (below) shows that you have already decided what rules will aplly and are not open for a discussion.

"There is other Series in GTPlanet for "real racedriver wannabees". If Somebody got a problem with this Serie, You
feel free to leave!"

Last edited:
Yep, sorry I really was stressed yesterday.:ouch:

The point is, when GT5 is not a finished product, with many
big issues like no rewind in the replay system, I want so little
PM:s as possible regarding penalties in the Races.

Denilson- If You only got 1 report in 3 races, that only shows
that the system isn´t equal for all, and doesn´t work. I´m 100% sure that there was many more corner-cuts in those events, but only 1 got punished.

I don´t personally think that here is pro-cutters in this serie,
only extremely fast drivers, which means that they use the right driving lines.

It also confuses people when there is curbs and stuff that
is somewhere part of the track and somewhere not. I´d say
that easiest would be if it only was the part inside the white line that would be counted as track. (1 of the funniest places is Nurb GP/F, last chicane where U can move those PD boxes).

Hopefully PD would fix it in a update.It would also be nice if
they fix an own penalty for corner-cutting. Read somewhere
that in the next update there will be some new stuff regarding
the damages :)

Think we have to go like this ´til they give us a better game.

BTW, in this weeks Pre-race 2, we will give penalties for reckless
driving, so remember everyone to save the replay, write down
the lap/time for accident. PM:s must be sent to me in 2 hours
after the race is finished.

Yes, I also think that there was a lot of cutts that was not reported in my races. And life is not always fair, not even videogames :)

For me, the main thing is that if we use a 2 wheel inside the white line rule. There will be no openings for cutts that has an impact on the result. As it is for now, I can cut the last corner in Trial mountain and take the win, cause it's legit..

This is the part that I don't like. That if I get overtaken in that last corner in trial mountain because of a cut, there is nothing I can do about it. Since we are all clean drivers as you say, that rule would only be for good. 👍

But I do understand all your arguments as well 👍

Back