F.I.T.T. Azure Cobra Shootout (Ended. Results on post 3.)

• Thread starter Ronald6
  • 244 comments
1:41.800 online.

For me this is the only way to feel something to tune this car.

My settings are the same Offline but i change only the ride height.

For example

RH ONLINE = 00/00
RH OFFLINE=+30/-20

Crazy.... and the car drive the same after this change.

This is how look my shelby offline.

backward.jpg

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

You can tell its american by the way it hates corners more than I hate exercise

So true, I press right on my d-pad, nothing happens for a bit, then you slowly notice the nose of the car drifting into the corner at about the same speed it takes for South America to drift away from Africa. :lol:

Okay, I did some tuning, suspension, LSD and transmission, I am not that good driving this car, anyone want to try, I have the car on share at GTP_Orido.

Sorry no soud, broken cam. But it's possible to check the lines, a little pressure on hand brake at the hGrand hotel hairpin help to gain more than half second.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Sorry no soud, broken cam. But it's possible to check the lines, a little pressure on hand brake at the hGrand hotel hairpin help to gain more than half second.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

and there we have it, Our winner :) no way mine would do that!

Defiantly not me :P stupid car

Me neither. I've just watch Praiano's lap and I believe there is time to be made still. Massenet can be taken a fraction faster and smoother. My car turns like a spinning-top through Grand Hotel (ridiculously stiff front springs and a bucket load of front camber and negative toe), shouldn't be any need for any handbrake, very fast through there (not that fast elsewhere though :(). The whole swimming pool section requires some fine throttle control, and I don't doubt that someone will nail T12-T16 perfectly. I just hope the rest of their lap is as fast.

I'm wondering why I signed up to test at this track..!! Oh yeah, because I love the car :mischievous:

{Cy}

would of been fun trying to get it down the corkscrew at laguna seca :D Maybe a better driver could get mine round faster than 1:45 because there is no way i can go any faster. There is just too much torque for my stupid sausage fingers to control

Somebody will make it into or under the 1:40 mark, don't mind the Fishy Brazillian Alien, I'm sure we'll see faster 👍

{Cy}

Sure we'll see faster than this. The car can be better and the driver of course .
It always happen in a room online. You're the faster guy around and next room when you think you're Senna, another player make you feel like if you're driving with your hand brake.
But the car is fun , the drive is all i like in GT ,.... i have good time with this shootout. Great.

Have a good day everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Sure we'll see faster than this. The car can be better and the driver of course .
It always happen in a room online. You're the faster guy around and next room when you think you're Senna, another player make you feel like if you're driving with your hand brake.
But the car is fun , the drive is all i like in GT ,.... i have good time with this shootout. Great.

Have a good day everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I expect that happens to me more often than to you, good Sir..!! Who am I kidding, I'm rarely the fastest guy in the room :sly:

And I concur with your assessment of the car, it can be immensely enjoyable, particularly when the rear is slipping slightly. It is also immensely frustrating for lesser drivers, like me, who have to fight a little too hard to keep the car under control.

I'm looking forward to driving the submissions, I'll don my best tweed jacket and half leather driving gloves for the occasion 👍

{Cy}

I got my Cobra feeling quite nice now. :D Well, it's kinda as you'd expect, think of it as an old school race car. By old, think Auto Union Type C stuff, cars from the 50s or so. Brake hard to get the rear to turn, apply some steering with no power, add power and glide out of corner. Well, not as gently as I describe, but it's close enough. :lol:

I ran a 1:43.631 or something like that, so a little bit quicker than before&#8230;just. Car's on share if anyone wants to die try.

Onboy123
I got my Cobra feeling quite nice now. :D Well, it's kinda as you'd expect, think of it as an old school race car. By old, think Auto Union Type C stuff, cars from the 50s or so. Brake hard to get the rear to turn, apply some steering with no power, add power and glide out of corner. Well, not as gently as I describe, but it's close enough. :lol:

I ran a 1:43.631 or something like that, so a little bit quicker than before&hellip;just. Car's on share if anyone wants to die try.

I'll have a whirl and see how it compares to mine :)

I got mine into 1:45.xxx range, a little update on my tune, shorter gearing, and better LSD. The car is still on share.

Hard bugger to get right, huh? :lol:

And sorry for not getting back to your Opel, haven't had time to try the changes yet…though I did try to add some of my MR2's tune to it, ARB and gearbox mainly, worked quite well. Though the Speedster does need a wing. As does the Cobra, if we're honest. :lol:

No problem, Onboy :), I am very sloppy with Cobra, even 1:45 time has so many slow corners and power slides. I used my Opel LSD settings, it works quite nice after little more tweak on the Cobra. The initial LSD number works more effectively than the accel number, I have mine high at 55 initial, and low accel, gives loose rear which I compensate with high rear positive toe. Finding the balance for mid speed neutral and slight oversteer at low speed while no under steer at high speed tunnel, damn hard ;)

What's the highest speed for the Cobra on this track ? I got up to 130mph once right after the tunnel, and I brake too late - end up in a crash -_-. 126 mph before the 1st turn, and 100mph on the down hill part.

What's the highest speed for the Cobra on this track ? I got up to 130mph once right after the tunnel, and I brake too late - end up in a crash -_-. 126 mph before the 1st turn, and 100mph on the down hill part.

It's probably 135, so a gearbox topping out at 150ish would be ideal. I'll go look at Praiano's vid and see what he manages.

Edit: It seems like I was 10mph too much. It's 128mph with him.

Last edited:
It's probably 135, so a gearbox topping out at 150ish would be ideal. I'll go look at Praiano's vid and see what he manages.

Edit: It seems like I was 10mph too much. It's 128mph with him.

207 kmh = 129 mph after the tunel before braking for the chicane.:scared:

That sounds about right, I could barely made it into the chicane with 127mph, and I don't use ABS, Cobra needs a front bias brake, I have 9/4 BB, the rear still breaking free under heavy trail braking, if I set it to 9/3, it would lack bite and the front would lose grip too early :(

Back