F.I.T.T. Azure Cobra Shootout (Ended. Results on post 3.)

• Thread starter Ronald6
  • 244 comments
Does anyone really like their Shelby Cobra or is this one of those cars where trade offs are necessary. Mine is just odd at Cote d' Azur. I can get it to be pretty good around the water front, but it does not like to turn through the high speed tunnel. So, if I get it to turn well through the tunnel, it isn't great anywhere else.

Is this just one of those cars?

Does anyone really like their Shelby Cobra or is this one of those cars where trade offs are necessary. Mine is just odd at Cote d' Azur. I can get it to be pretty good around the water front, but it does not like to turn through the high speed tunnel. So, if I get it to turn well through the tunnel, it isn't great anywhere else.

Is this just one of those cars?

Mine is fine all around (If you exclude the toe wavering) . I just need to get rid of the tire shredding in 2nd gear - and make 1st gear usable.

krenkme
Alright, sign me up as a guppy .... really, how hard can it be?:dopey:

(Posted Sept 18th)

If I am allowed to be a barracuda, my car is on share if anyone is interested. Waiting till after update to post it though. :dopey:

Last edited:
I've put my car on share, i love the way it drive, need to work on it ,but it's 90% good for me.

After giving your car a go, you've given me a lot to think about. Especially in the transmission department. Your car is excellent and very easy to drive, though for me I would prefer it to be a bit more aggressive. Great job 👍

After giving your car a go, you've given me a lot to think about. Especially in the transmission department. Your car is excellent and very easy to drive, though for me I would prefer it to be a bit more aggressive. Great job 👍

There is a smoothness to Praiano's tunes. The car sets really nicely and behaves through the corner. I also wanted it to be a bit more agressive, but I think that is due to a difference in our driving styles. Almost all of Praiano's tunes that I have driven feel really smooth, but I want a really hard rotation around the center. In these competitions, it seems that those who love Praiano's tunes don't enjoy mine and those who don't like his will say that mine fit them like a glove.

Nice work as usual, Praiano. Thanks for sharing. I don't like my tune yet, but at least I am in the same time zone as yours.

I'm waiting until after tomorrow to see if the update has any effect on my settings. Quite frustrating really as I had lots of time today, but will have little time during the coming week...

There is a smoothness to Praiano's tunes. The car sets really nicely and behaves through the corner. I also wanted it to be a bit more agressive, but I think that is due to a difference in our driving styles. Almost all of Praiano's tunes that I have driven feel really smooth, but I want a really hard rotation around the center. In these competitions, it seems that those who love Praiano's tunes don't enjoy mine and those who don't like his will say that mine fit them like a glove.

Nice work as usual, Praiano. Thanks for sharing. I don't like my tune yet, but at least I am in the same time zone as yours.

Thanks , i have to finish this car, i'll see if i can put some peper in this wheel.
For the moment i'm very busy with my first IRACING MX5 cup. It's very different but very good. A lot of rules and if you don't respect them the price to pay is very high... simulation , really.
Do you know the collor i 've paint my MX5 ????? No????
GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.. hahaha , i remember you when i paint it.
Have a good day everybody.

I had a little time to see if/what my car needed for adjustments (Thanks MCH for the feedback! It helped a bunch :nervous: ).

With the update, it has not made a differance with this car (still need to try my other 150+ tunes :banghead: ), but I like the way the car feels now. Still a little crazy, and wants to kill you every now and then, but a fun car to drive... sort of :dopey:

It's back on share, I just need to post it and friend everyone. 👍

Damn you Ronald. This is a super challenging FITT competition. The Shelby Cobra with this power on the tightest street course with the most elevation change is proving to be full of trade-offs. I am having similar feelings tuning this car for this track as when I tuned the Yellow Bird. I have never been happy with my six attemps at tuning the Yellow Bird so I have never posted the tunes. I keep making changes to the Cobra and improve a portion of the tune, but ruin another element. If this deadline was open through December 31st, I would probably noodle with it from now until then and still not think it is perfect enough.

Back to tuning and cursing your name...

:lol:

Well it sounds like you're having fun at least... :D

One interesting thing. My tune feels better and is more fun to drive after 2.08 but it is slower by 2 seconds than it was under 2.07. It feels like I have more grip and better cornering, but the lap time is down. Not sure what is going on there.

Take the dead body out of the trunk. Those kill lap times. :D:D:D:D

I haven't done too much after 2.08 but I haven't felt much in the way of changes. I have myself a whole spreadsheet of tests to do which will likely take me a while but it should be interesting to see how it affects the tunes for this event if at all.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard luv2drive.

I'm going to start to link the tune post to the tuners name on post 2.

Tuners, as usual it is up to you to make sure you have "friended" all the testers and have the appropriate car with tune on share.

How do I edit the thread title?

Last edited:
Just a heads up, but I may have to pull out of this one, sorry. Just haven't had the time to fix up the tune as I'd like... Can someone check if it's on share?

Here is my tune. Just for the shootout. After ,i'll publish something with this base in my garage but with more parts added.

Car on share in a few minutes, testers send me please some FR , i'll do this too.

Good luck everybody.

CtedAzur.jpg

shelbycobra.jpg

><(((((°>°°°°°°​

Can I try? Someone give me max/min on ride height and suspension. I'm gonna do it one-shot, no changes after my first guess.

Back