Fanatec 911 wheel (without S) don't work GT5? UPDATE with solution

• Thread starter Smoothherb
  • 132 comments
I have a turbo s, so we'll see in two days.. hopefully someone else will have already confirmed the wheel works fine with gt5. /crosses fingers

Thanks allot, will wait what the support say and if the new dongle will help. Now my old modded g25 is on the seat and I will play the s* out of gt5 after a "shock bear". Thanks allot !!!!

Oh btw the g25 works :)

Same here, cross fingers :dopey:

...and here! I have a DFGT for back-up, but would be really upset if I have to use that. i love the PS3/Xbox cross platform functionality of the PWTS and don't want to give that up!

After finding out the OP has a Turbo and not a Turbo S I think we are in the clear for the Turbo S.

Jease are fanatec wheels really that great?? Maybe I should have done more research before I got my g25. Wish I had a budget I'd get one, but g25 is my first wheel so I'll stick with this one for awhile then check out fanatec for gt6.

Depends how much money you can get from G25, but i would not change as G25 still very good wheel. Keep it as long as it lasts, im sure you will be playing GT5 for very long time.

I have turbo S and i like it very much. I had g25 previously. I sold it as it was starting to make more noise.

The only way GT5 won't work with a Fanatec wheel is if PD purposely disabled it. I can use my PWTS on my PS3 in either PC mode or PS3 mode, both work. I have never even needed to use the USB cable, just the wireless dongle. I've played GT5:P, Midnight Club LA and Grid and some other driving demos and ALL worked.

Please tell me this is wrong. :nervous:

I spent a lot of money buying my Turbo S / Clubsports and I can't even tell you how upset I'm going to be if it doesn't work.

It's wrong, it will work normally, have faith :)

Not "wrong" - but not the model of Fanatec you have. OP has an older Turbo wheel - not a Turbo S. Turbo S is much more compatible to PS3. Should be no issues at all.

I think it is time to clearify something:

The following Fanatec wheels will work without any problems on GT5:
- PWTS
- PWGT3RS V2
- PWC

The old PWT will work as well if you upgrade to the dongle of PWTS.

So please relax and don't panic.

I was about to say that I am sure the PWTS will work but I see Fanatec has already clearified the issue for us.

I do know for a fact that my PWTS has worked on everything I have tried PS2 GT4 PS3 GT5P XBox Forza 3. PC 1/2 dozen or so games tested dating back to the year 2000. Can't map some of the buttons on the console games but wheel paddle shifters brake and gas work on all I have tried.

@tingri
Not much news on the CSS at the moment but I want to post some pics on my blog in December and we are still on target to get the first prototypes this year.

Same with the CS Handbrake

BTW: I've actually heard from someone who got his copy of GT5 on Friday, that GT3 RS V2 works great in GT5 with default settings. I can't vouch for this information, since I haven't tried it myself, but I think it's worth mentioning. I feel kind of relieved since I heard this.

Thomas, I really want to order the Carrera but I'm waiting to hear back from your support that I contacted last week. I'm getting a bit worried about this. I'd like to see if I could get the wheel shipped fairly quickly to Minnesota and what the costs would be.

Hopefully the OP can get the new dongle soon and game on!

I am heading in about 5 min to Amar, with my PWTS and CSP, and we will test this issue immediately. I will report back in an 1 hour, so stay tuned

I am heading in about 5 min to Amar, with my PWTS and CSP, and we will test this issue immediately. I will report back in an 1 hour, so stay tuned

Thankx ...maybe you can tell us what kinda setting you had to change on the Wheel and in the game.....just a short review

Ok, first things first, it works perfectly right of the hat. There is no need to press triangle to activate the clutch, if you don't want to use the clutch and h shifter, and shift through floppy pedals, it automatically engages clutch for you, so you can concentrate on braking, and acceleration :-). The best settings that i found is ingame FFB at 3, PWTS FFB 50%, Drift settings 2, 900 deg., abs 100%, shock 100%. For some reason if you put ingame settings to more then 5, than i couldn't feel good when going over red/white curbs.

Additional in game mapping is done at DFP setting, not on DFP GT.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Once again thx to Amar, GTPlanet, and Fanatec for great product :-).

Patiently waiting for 24th.........

Ok, first things first, it works perfectly right of the hat. There is no need to press triangle to activate the clutch, if you don't want to use the clutch and h shifter, and shift through floppy pedals, it automatically engages clutch for you, so you can concentrate on braking, and acceleration :-). The best settings that i found is ingame FFB at 3, PWTS FFB 50%, Drift settings 2, 900 deg., abs 100%, shock 100%. For some reason if you put ingame settings to more then 5, than i couldn't feel good when going over red/white curbs.

Additional in game mapping is done at DFP setting, not on DFP GT.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Once again thx to Amar, GTPlanet, and Fanatec for great product :-).

Patiently waiting for 24th.........
Thanks for the info. Will try out your settings. Good place to start.

Thanks again.

Back