Fanatec 911 wheel (without S) don't work GT5? UPDATE with solution

• Thread starter Smoothherb
  • 132 comments
so now your saying that the FF on the wheel isn't working? which means the wheel is pretty much useless.... since FF is what makes the driving have resistance which is what makes driving properly possible.... It's like 1 positive and then a new negative right after with this problem... Do you have the FF all the way up? And don't forget some cars actually have less FF naturally... anyway any word on a dongle update instead of having to buy one? anybody? and smooth herb get back to us on the FF issue

we need an official from fanatec to tell us more about the issue. they will loose many loyalties to this if this is the best they have to offer for their own mistakes.

Thank you Thomas,

I just read your blog and it is a very good step Fanatec took to take care of their loyal costumer. Just send in my ticket with the e-support and hope to hear from it soon. I will definitely look forward to upgrading to GTR with clubman pedal and shifter when they r available.

so now your saying that the FF on the wheel isn't working? which means the wheel is pretty much useless.... since FF is what makes the driving have resistance which is what makes driving properly possible.... It's like 1 positive and then a new negative right after with this problem... Do you have the FF all the way up? And don't forget some cars actually have less FF naturally... anyway any word on a dongle update instead of having to buy one? anybody? and smooth herb get back to us on the FF issue

No, I said that there is not so much feedback compared to the g25! It is still awesome wheel with strong FF but it is different from g25.
On ff 10 it is hard to turn the wheel but the curbs and such are not as strong.
My setting is now FF 3 and 100% on the wheel which feels realistic and you get a good feedback what your car is doing.
An it is a cheap alternative to the g27 or other fanatec wheels so I think we have to deal with some flaws. Even the G27 as flaws on GT5.

This is outrageous, I would have thought that as a racing game this would support all common wheels but apparently I was wrong. How could you leave us behind Fanatec & PD?
Is there any chance there will be an update in the future to support the PWT with the standard dongle, because to put it frankly, 47 euros is a ridiculous amount of money for a dongle.

Here's Fanatec "leaving you behind"

These wheels need to be upgraded to make it work:

1. 911 Turbo Wheel (Not "S")

In order to make this wheel work you need to use the new RF dongle for the 911 Turbo S wheel which is available in our weshop for 29,95 USD / Euro. (USA / EU)

All customers get the dongle for free within the extended warranty period of 2 years.

If your wheel is older than 2 years we will offer you a free coupon code of 20 USD / EURO after the purchase of the dongle.

How to get your dongle or discount coupon?

Please place a regular order and leave a note in the comments field with the fanatec invoice number and date of your original PWT purchase and we will send you an email with your coupon code or change the order amount.

Please note that this offer is only valid to Fanatec webshop customers. If you purchased your product at a dealer you need to contact them for help.

Hi
I have the PWT (not S). It didn't work at all with GT5.
I bought the new dongle for the PWTS and now the wheel works ok apart from when driving fast on a straight, the wheel shakes from left to right.
Does anybody know why this is and is there any way to fix it?
Has anybody installed the new Firmware 681 with the PWT wheel (not PWTS).
Can anybody tell me if this works, gives any extra options etc?
I appreciate any help.

The wheel shaking is an issue for all high end wheels such as Fanatec and Logitech's G25 G27. The problem is on the software side. Newer Fanatec model such as PWTS, Carrera and GT2 have a function to add deadzone in the middle to get rid of this shaking. I doubt the new firmware can fix this as this is not the wheel problem but an issue on forcefeedback programming on games.

@thrud007

Make sure the wheel is on 900°! When it is set to 360° or 180° it´s unplayable. The FF settings in game should not be higher than 4 or 5.

@ Mastakojo and Smoothherb
Thanks for your reply.
I also own the G25 but I don't have the same problem.
Some cars ars are completely undrivable on certain tracks with the PWT (Mitsubishi Evo x on the High Speed ring) but the same car/track combo is fine with the G25.
Also, I only ever use the steering wheels with 900 deg.:indiff::indiff:

Hello Guys,

I received the replacement dongle (Turbo S Dongle) and tried to connect my Porsche Turbo Wheel (The one without 'S') to my PS3 in order to play GT5.
I read the manual and connected the wheel and pedals as described. So far everything worked fine in the XMB menus of my ps3. I launched gt5 via the D-pad of my wheel and even in the GT5 menus everything worked fine.
However when I started a race wheel/pedal movements showed no reaction in the game at all. I tried to set the wheel to ps3 compatibility mode - still no response while driving a car.
I also assigned the controller and the wheel differently (to 2/1 and 1/2 respectively).
I'm absolutely clueless and desperate about the problem I'm experiencing here.
One thing I noticed though is, that the sticker on the new Turbo S dongle still says "Porsche 911 Turbo Wheel" and not "Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel".
Did Fanatec sent me the wrong dongle?

best regards and thanks in advance,

Lunatikk

Hello Guys,

I received the replacement dongle (Turbo S Dongle) and tried to connect my Porsche Turbo Wheel (The one without 'S') to my PS3 in order to play GT5.
I read the manual and connected the wheel and pedals as described. So far everything worked fine in the XMB menus of my ps3. I launched gt5 via the D-pad of my wheel and even in the GT5 menus everything worked fine.
However when I started a race wheel/pedal movements showed no reaction in the game at all. I tried to set the wheel to ps3 compatibility mode - still no response while driving a car.
I also assigned the controller and the wheel differently (to 2/1 and 1/2 respectively).
I'm absolutely clueless and desperate about the problem I'm experiencing here.
One thing I noticed though is, that the sticker on the new Turbo S dongle still says "Porsche 911 Turbo Wheel" and not "Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel".
Did Fanatec sent me the wrong dongle?

best regards and thanks in advance,

Lunatikk

My first PWTS dongle was faulty and would only work in the menus and on the PC it showed up as a standard gamepad, but worked fine with USB cable. Fanatec replaced the dongle and all was fine.

My first PWTS dongle was faulty and would only work in the menus and on the PC it showed up as a standard gamepad, but worked fine with USB cable. Fanatec replaced the dongle and all was fine.

I see, does your Dongle on the back say "porsche turbo wheel" or "porsche turbo wheel S"?

@Lunatikk
Your new dongle should have Turbo S on the bottom side.

OMG, it doesn't say Turbo S. So the Fanatec guys sent me an old Tubro dongle again. I lost 6 hours of my life yesterday, trying to get this **** to work.

:-(

Thanks for the info guys

Lunatikk

IMG_20101204_033539.jpg

how do you use the coupon code when you get it after sending them your invoice information? they charge you the full amount then give you a code what the hell is the deal?if they send me the wrong dongle like they did to you i'm going to become a criminal

It must depend on when the wheel or dongle was purchased. My PWTS dongle from my purchase in December 2009 does not have anything screen printed on the back.

anybody know how to use the coupon after you purchase the dongle and anybody from canada still waiting on their already purchased dongle to show?

I'm still waiting, made the order mid november, got a tracking number that shipped from the dec 4th. Can't wait to come in, playing gt5 with gamepad just isn't right...

Thanks to you guys I finally received my USB dongle today.

Sadly, I also experienced the proplem of wheel shaking when you are driving fast on a straight (with 900°) and sometimes its getting really annoying.
Is it possible to update the firmware of my wheel somehow?
I got a Porsche Turbo (without S and without USB jack) wheel.

Thanks

Lunatikk

I just got my dongle today too. I set the in-game force feedback to simulation and 3. On the wheel, i have FF at 100, Sho at 33. It does wobble a bit on straight, but nothing that i can't live with, and I usually just drive with my finger tips. The force feedback in GT5 is much improved compare to GT5P. Playing on the wheel is really 10 times better then playing with the gamepad. In about 3 hours, i actually re-learned GT5 on wheel and hits a better time then pad. Also, i had a ghetto mod on the pedal to makes more resistant. Feels like driving now :) I'm a happy camper.

Back