Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
To be blunt, sorry Thomas, although this is kinda a positive, I think Fanatec are tired of fixing broken units (more specifically paying for the shipping), and are putting more time into stress testing and R&D. I think the CSS's basic structure was done long ago but faults were found and redesigns were required to ensure reliability.

If this theory is true it is good news. Besides the wheel base the shifter is the most used, most complex product (pedals are relatively simple).

Here's a quote from Thomas Blog

We still need to run several tests with external beta testers but we are almost there!

This comming from Thomas, the guys who NEVER misses a deadline :D LOL :D

You need to add at least a couple of months final development, testing and production and off course shipping

My bet : This Fall at the earliest. :)

My guess, if beta testing goes well: June/July at earliest.

That's too early. It's a complicated product to assemble, from what I gather from the video.
So leave 2 months of production time for the first batch, plus one extra month prior to supervise and instruct the people who will manufacture these.

So even if they conclude testing at the end of the month, I think we will see it August at earliest (this is including shipping time to warehouses and customs delays) . So put some cash aside during the holidays for it. ;)

Well that is unknown yet but likely Fanatec blocks USB usage on consoles so Fanatec PS/2 port and Fanatec wheel is likely required.

I honestly cannot see Fanatec wanting to limit their own sales by not having USB for PC. Guess we'll know next week when it hits the store so we can see the specs.

Who says it wont work without Fanatec gear?

Because the device doesn't have a USB connector on it. Just look at the video again.
So until there is confirmation of there being a RJ12 to USB adapter, it will not work as a standalone device.

Because the device doesn't have a USB connector on it. Just look at the video again.
So until there is confirmation of there being a RJ12 to USB adapter, it will not work as a standalone device.

I understand that we cannot see a USB socket, but that doesn't mean it hasn't got one or that there wont be an adapter.
I just cannot comprehend any business restricting their own market...

I understand that we cannot see a USB socket, but that doesn't mean it hasn't got one or that there wont be an adapter.
I just cannot comprehend any business restricting their own market...

It's called product tying: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tying_(commerce)

Lots of big companies do it. A big example being Apple. Which didn't get poor by doing this. ;)
So to make products dependent of each other will increase sales, or that is the basic idea.

It's called product tying: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tying_(commerce)

Lots of big companies do it. A big example being Apple. Which didn't get poor by doing this. ;)
So to make products dependent of each other will increase sales, or that is the basic idea.

I understand what it is but I dont associate that to a company like Fanatec. Naturally I could be wrong but I cannot see Fanatec limiting their customer base just because they dont have a CSW. They didn't do it with the CSP's and I cant see them doing it with the CSS

I agree with steve on this one. Fanatecs target audience is miniscule in comparison to apples. Apple has a potential customer with every person not in a 3rd world area ( what ever happened to 2nd world anyway).
Fanatec would be nuts to not make this compatible with all wheels on pc or connectable to all of their own wheels on console.

Nice find. That takes away a worry, though nothing is final until release. So indeed, let's wait and see what we are or are not getting. :)

Last edited:
guys i have a minor issues, when i calibrate the ClubSport BMW Wheel its when i go into the Fanatec Control panel to view if wheel is showing Zero in the wheel rotation, mine shows not zero but a figure of 50+ - before it used to show zero on another computer but since a new pc build, the calibration software in the control panel is showing its not dead Zero in the wheel settings - anyone know a quick fix?

going to see if the old computer is showing Zero tonight and then compare it with the new again

I did uninstall the drivers and software several times last night thinking it was a bad install but could never get the readings in the control panel of the Fanatec software to show ZERO (0)

If you need a photo to understand what i mean i ll post tonight

Last edited:
guys i have a minor issues, when i calibrate the ClubSport BMW Wheel its when i go into the Fanatec Control panel to view if wheel is showing Zero in the wheel rotation, mine shows not zero but a figure of 50+ - before it used to show zero on another computer but since a new pc build, the calibration software in the control panel is showing its not dead Zero in the wheel settings - anyone know a quick fix?

going to see if the old computer is showing Zero tonight and then compare it with the new again

I did uninstall the drivers and software several times last night thinking it was a bad install but could never get the readings in the control panel of the Fanatec software to show ZERO (0)

If you need a photo to understand what i mean i ll post tonight

All good just hopped on the computer and re-calibrated the wheel and it seems to be centred now in the control panel.... not sure why it didnt do it last night but its seems ok now

Sometimes when weird things start happening on my computer I just restart it and then it's all better, heh. Windows...grrr.

Sometimes when weird things start happening on my computer I just restart it and then it's all better, heh. Windows...grrr.

this is why i run Imac on all my graphic design stuff and keep the gamin to PC LOL:tup:

I will check out the CSS for sure when it hits the market, looks very solid. My only other options is the Trustmaster and the SST, I have been looking to buy a new wheel and pedal set for a while, but I will hold of a bit more for financial reasons as I would want to get it all at once.

Oh and also, I have some problems focusing reading MADCAP's posts couse I always end up staring at his avatar.

Oh and also, I have some problems focusing reading MADCAP's posts couse I always end up staring at his avatar.

Solution: Let Microsoft Sam narrate the post for you and keep staring while 'he' is at it. :dopey:

I don't know if this has been posted, but...

Clubsport Pedal v2 review by Inside Sim Racing.

Just found this on there Fanatec Gamestop . Send me an email when product is in stock:

http://us.fanatec.com/Shifters?product_id=681

Fanatec
We are happy to be releasing the info you've all been waiting for….

Finally, you too can say “hello” to our two new ClubSport Shifters.
Yes, you read it right – TWO ClubSport Shifters will be available in our online shop in July 2013: one with an H-Pattern mode and a second shifter with both H-Pattern + Sequential modes.
Our “CSS” will be available for the price of 149,95€ - US$149,95 - AU$169,95 and our “CSS SQ” for 199,95€ - US$199,95 - AU$229,95.

For more details, check out our product's page and see more pics. on www.fanatec.com

Back