Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
An extra $25 to make it stand alone when it should of been stand alone anyway? 👎

Why should they make their shifter more expensive for existing Fanatec customers?

Edit: One thing wrong with this adapter is that it should have supported many products at once. At the moment, you need to buy one for shifter and the other for handbrake if you want to connect both directly to PC.

Don't think so, you have additional assemble costs, there will be extra shipping with this method (if bought later), extra packing material for the adapter and the cost of materials that wouldn't of been used if intergrated.

People complain there was no usb adapter. Fanatec creates usb adapter. People complain there is a usb adapter. Can't win.

fatkrakr. Fanatec makes the shifters compatible with the wheels, hence why it is not usb standalone. Otherwise how would they connect to the wheel base? Let me guess... an adapter? Rather the non Fanatec wheel users buy the adapter, rather than the loyal users. Good grief...

People complain there was no usb adapter. Fanatec creates usb adapter. People complain there is a usb adapter. Can't win.

fatkrakr. Fanatec makes the shifters compatible with the wheels, hence why it is not usb standalone. Otherwise how would they connect to the wheel base? Let me guess... an adapter? Rather the non Fanatec wheel users buy the adapter, rather than the loyal users. Good grief...

No most people complained it wasn't usb, not that there wasn't an adapter. Are you saying you cant make it work with both? Because as far as I know the csp are standalone and can also be connected direct to the wheel. So it wasn't to make it compatiable with Fanatec wheels.

Always someone with negative comments.
Fanatec didn't need to make the adapter, and I'd say that for the most part the people that would like to use the shifter with another wheel will be happy to pay the tiny fee.
Other adapters have cost a lot more in comparison and I've never heard anyone complain about those.
I paid for a Basher board to use my TH8 with my CSW and I was more than happy to pay the fee. These adapters give us options.

For the price of the shifter the option should of been included. That's all Im saying. Fanatec new the racing community wanted it to be standalone. Fanatec at one point even asked what was wanted in the shifter and standalone was a big request, if not the biggest.

If I were to preorder the SQ Shifter now it would arrive with the second batch in September correct?

From those of you who have used it, is it worth it to pull the plug and purchase?

According to Fanatec's site, yes pre-order now means delivery in September.

Nobody has used it, only rene rast:

Plenty have used it actually.....there are numerous vids on YouTube from beta testers demoing the CSS SQ

I think I figured out the problem with my wheel loosing center. Some how some of the paint on the code wheel itself has flaked off. It isn't much but its right where the code wheel passes through the code wheel sensor. After looking at what may be involved in removing the code wheel I may be sending it in for repair this time. I guess the good news is I now have a spare sensor. :ouch:

Oh yeah!! Just recieved my CSW and a day early too!! What a nice surprise it was to wake up on my day off and find it on my door waiting for me!
Oh and I had forgotten the box and the stupid happy face I always have when unboxing a Fanatec product, well done Thomas and company!!

Jav
Oh yeah!! Just recieved my CSW and a day early too!! What a nice surprise it was to wake up on my day off and find it on my door waiting for me!
Oh and I had forgotten the box and the stupid happy face I always have when unboxing a Fanatec product, well done Thomas and company!!

Nice Jav! Welcome to the CSW club :).

I received a RMA today from Fanatec. They are shipping me a new base. Should be here Saturday. :)

Hi, I rarely post but how long did it take them to get back to you after you submitted your RMA? I purchased my csw base, formula rim and bmw , pedals, and customer Sq last week and received it Saturday. Got them setup Sunday and found that the bmw rim won't shift up with the paddle shifter. The button is dead. I submitted the RMA Sunday night with a video but haven't gotten any response.

Hi, I rarely post but how long did it take them to get back to you after you submitted your RMA? I purchased my csw base, formula rim and bmw , pedals, and customer Sq last week and received it Saturday. Got them setup Sunday and found that the bmw rim won't shift up with the paddle shifter. The button is dead. I submitted the RMA Sunday night with a video but haven't gotten any response.

I find with Fanatec its 1 email a day. So you should be hearing something soon. Its also best if in your first email you send a copy of your invoice and the serial number. A video or pic of the issue can also save time.This can save a couple emails, which saves days. The shipping takes around 3 to 7 days depending on where you live.

Ok, BMW rim not going into the base... Wnet in this morning no problem... Any ideas here? Am I missing anything? Security pin is removed BTW...

Jav
Ok, BMW rim not going into the base... Wnet in this morning no problem... Any ideas here? Am I missing anything? Security pin is removed BTW...

Check that your RED quick release depresses all the way back to the edge of the wheel rim. Sometimes the spring pokes out which gets in the way of the quick release from fully depressing. It's a common issue, but no big deal. Simply take a pen or pencil and push the spring back in and you're golden.

FMW
Check that your RED quick release depresses all the way back to the edge of the wheel rim. Sometimes the spring pokes out which gets in the way of the quick release from fully depressing. It's a common issue, but no big deal. Simply take a pen or pencil and push the spring back in and you're golden.

Could've been the issue, resolved it by taking the QR collar apart and replacing the balls, now working fine. But shift lights, gear indicator display not working and not getting any FFB at all...
Also I noticed a white wire sticking out on my BRAND NEW rim!! WTF Fanatec!!?
Small issues, but come on! I just dropped $700 + on this thing!!

Jav
Could've been the issue, resolved it by taking the QR collar apart and replacing the balls, now working fine. But shift lights, gear indicator display not working and not getting any FFB at all... Also I noticed a white wire sticking out on my BRAND NEW rim!! WTF Fanatec!!? Small issues, but come on! I just dropped $700 + on this thing!!

Fill out there return form on the site, include pictures and video and call Fanatec's German phone number during business hours to tell them you submitted the return form and that you would like your situation handled swiftly.

The call really moves thing alone I find. A little hello and good bye in German also can't hurt.

Really wish I could speak German... I already submitted the support report and hope they take care of me, or at least have a message from them with instructions when I wake up in 6 hours...
Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Back