Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Can i ask what fanatec wheel you are using? I am using a Csr Elite I cannot get the gt6 demo to recognize the wheel when trying to play the game, whenever i press a button or a pedal the writing comes up in the left hand bottom corner saying that something is happening but nothing does. Driving me insane haha.
I use the CSR Elite as well and have had a time or 2 where the pedals or brakes did nothing. Apparently it was just not in PS mode. I find that on mine I need to press the back and connect buttons hold for a couple of seconds , release them and then do it again holding until the little dot appears on the wheel display and then it works fine.

I use the CSR Elite as well and have had a time or 2 where the pedals or brakes did nothing. Apparently it was just not in PS mode. I find that on mine I need to press the back and connect buttons hold for a couple of seconds , release them and then do it again holding until the little dot appears on the wheel display and then it works fine.

Thanks that's exactly what the problem was, made me feel like a bit of a moron. Cheers :)

I have a question about how your CSR Elite are smooth. My first one was really smooth, but step by step, it starts to become like I can feel gear tooth (I know there are no gears, it is about the feeling). When the wheel provide no FFB, it is perfectly smooth. When (in menus) the wheel come back in neutral position, if you try to resist to the wheel, it is smooth. But in game, I can feel like little step when turning the wheel as the FFB send a lot of turn commands). I have received a replacement wheel, and the same feeling is there, the FFB is not smooth, it is hundred of small FFB inputs. The only game where I have not this feeling is rFactor2. But in Assetto Corsa, GT5, GT6 demo, Forza 3 and 4, it is not as smooth as my first Elite was (old firmware ?). Have you any suggestion ?

Thank

Ps: By the way I find that the GT6 demo new physics is way better than the 5. But frame rate is still a problem.

I have a question about how your CSR Elite are smooth. .

Same here, when FFB is on, in game, their is a sand effect, when I addressed it to Fanatec support, I was told that it is because the 2 motors cannot be 100% in sync and it is creating that effect.
The fact is, it varies from very little to almost gone, I assume because of belt slippage changing the alignment of the motors to each other.
As opposed to you I have it in every SIM, although I do not have RF2.
I am using the latest firmware 757.

Same here, when FFB is on, in game, their is a sand effect, when I addressed it to Fanatec support, I was told that it is because the 2 motors cannot be 100% in sync and it is creating that effect.
The fact is, it varies from very little to almost gone, I assume because of belt slippage changing the alignment of the motors to each other.
As opposed to you I have it in every SIM, although I do not have RF2.
I am using the latest firmware 757.

Thank you for reassuring me. It is not a defect. Maybe I should try to rotate one of the two shaft in order to synchronize it. I remember that I have seen a CSR Elite or CSW modification where the two motors back shafts where synchronized by a small toothed belt, supposedly to relieve the front shafts tension. Maybe it help to keep the motors synchronized too...

edit : here is a picture of the modification http://img5.blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ybi/1/d8/26/rmjhj650/folder/529073/img_529073_31594259_6?1363621143

Last edited:
I have a question about how your CSR Elite are smooth.

Reducing DPR setting solves this problem for me, worked on all 3 or 4 :rolleyes: Elites that I have owned. Sometimes I need to do a reboot to solve it aswell.

I've been trying to get the RFactor 2 demo a go but can't seem to get any FFB from it. I am using the CSR Elite wheel. I have searched the net and see where people rave about the great FFB in this game but I am getting a totally limp feel from it it is like the FFB is set to 0.

Any ideas what I could do to correct this issue?

Guys I'm probably going to order a Club Sports Wheel tomorrow, are there any special offers or promo-codes out there?
I know there was one a few months back where you bought the BMW rim and got the Formula rim for free, anything like that out there at the moment?

I've been trying to get the RFactor 2 demo a go but can't seem to get any FFB from it. I am using the CSR Elite wheel. I have searched the net and see where people rave about the great FFB in this game but I am getting a totally limp feel from it it is like the FFB is set to 0.

Any ideas what I could do to correct this issue?

I have a CSR Elite and the FFB is amazing in rf2. I don't have a problem with FFB (connected via PS2). Do other PC games/sims work or is it only a rf2 problem? Are you using the correct buttons for wheel init to PC mode (power on wheel, after calibration press the start ">" button) ? When you go to settings->controller->detect in rf2 does it say something like "Fantatec CSR detected" ? (recall out of memory)

If you get it working make sure to set "FFB smoothing" to 0 in the controller settings to get best FFB. (CSRE can handle this)

The guys at http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/41-rFactor-2-Mod-Beta-Forum are very helpfull, they will help you if your FFB problems persists.

I actually haven't tried in on any other PC sims as of yet. I do use it on Forza and GT5 without issue. I am connected via USB and am in PC mode. everything seems to work, just no FFB, I can steer [sort of no FFB makes it tough] shift, throttle, brake, buttons all work and so on.

I will see if I can locate another PC game to test with and see what results I get.

Jav
Guys I'm probably going to order a Club Sports Wheel tomorrow, are there any special offers or promo-codes out there?
I know there was one a few months back where you bought the BMW rim and got the Formula rim for free, anything like that out there at the moment?

Me too.

Unfortunately they don't give, any more, the Formula rim for free. Instead they give for free, if you buy the whole CSWpack, the Premium Service Pack, which costs 150€.:yuck:
In my opinion the Premium Service Pack should be included in the standard warranty and not selling it for extra money.👎

I actually haven't tried in on any other PC sims as of yet. I do use it on Forza and GT5 without issue. I am connected via USB and am in PC mode. everything seems to work, just no FFB, I can steer [sort of no FFB makes it tough] shift, throttle, brake, buttons all work and so on.

I will see if I can locate another PC game to test with and see what results I get.

Do you have the driver installed on your PC? I know that is kind of a dumb question but you won't get any FFB without the driver installed. Make sure it is the correct driver for your firmware version as well, otherwise the buttons, etc. will be mixed up.

Do you have the driver installed on your PC? I know that is kind of a dumb question but you won't get any FFB without the driver installed. Make sure it is the correct driver for your firmware version as well, otherwise the buttons, etc. will be mixed up.
Well, I thought I did but I think all that was installed was the drivers required to load the firmware. The wheel did show up under controllers as a Fanatec CSR and the game detected it but the windows property screen had a generic page like it was a game pad and in game every thing worked except the FFB.

So I installed driver 1.44 on the PC [Windows 7 x64] and gave it another go. Now I see the wheel on the property page so I try the game again. Had to map the buttons again then went to race but could not get around the track, plenty of FFB but some issue with the throttle and possibly the brake. Seemed like I wasn't slowing down when I hit the brake and the throttle went to 100% as soon as I touched it.

I tried in game to calibrate the pedals but the throttle and clutch were both going to max as soon as I touched them.

I went back to the windows property screen and it showed my throttle at 50% brake at 0%, clutch at 50% the brake seemed to work ok when I pressed it but both the throttle and the clutch went to the top with the slightest touch.

There is a check box one the second page of the properties for combined pedals which was unchecked. I have my pedals connect to the wheel so I thought maybe I needed to check this box. I checked it and tried the property page again. now the Clutch works perfectly, brake not at all and throttle only moves if I press the brake hard then throttle goes to 100% other wise brake and throttle bar do not move.

The pedals were working fine before I installed the driver so I am thinking there must be some issue with the driver or the driver and the firmware I am using.

btw I am using FW 757

I guess I could try going back to 1.40 driver or going back to the 721 FW and see what happens.

Anyone else encountered this type of issue?

You have to make sure you are using the correct driver version for your firmware version. It states which goes with which on the Fanatec site. If they are mismatched the buttons, gears, etc. Can be all out of whack. I'd double check that.

Good luck, these wheels have proven to be... "Interesting" to deal with at times. :(

PS, if they are clubsports and directly connected to the wheel, make sure those are on the newest firmware as well. (Since the wheel sounds like it is)

Anyone else encountered this type of issue?

The same happened to me with bmw m3 challenge, a game built on RFactor, the solution was in control/ force menu and then in basic effect, I had to select wheel, as opposed to joystick or rumblepad. I did not click any of the specialized effect, as like you the sim already recognized my fanatec wheel. Everything else was working except for force feedback until I checked that.
I hope it will help you
I had to assign the 3 pedals and each gate shifter gear in the buttons menu, the gears are in extra.
I am using 757 on my elite.
Good luck

Jav

You're best bet is black friday like last year where you bought the base and the GT wheel and get a formula rim for free.

Me too.

Unfortunately they don't give, any more, the Formula rim for free. Instead they give for free, if you buy the whole CSWpack, the Premium Service Pack, which costs 150€.:yuck:
In my opinion the Premium Service Pack should be included in the standard warranty and not selling it for extra money.👎

You're best bet is black friday like last year where you bought the base and the GT wheel and get a formula rim for free.

Not sure I wanna wait that long...
Thank you for the feedback guys, really appreciate it!

Hey guys (and girls), have we heard anything new about the Fanatec new rims?
I'm about to order the CSW (BMW rim), but I wouldn't mind waiting till... October (if something new is supposed to come).

Saw a nice e-mail this morning, CSS pre-ordered 👍

Congrats! (I ordered too, a week ago)
Have you noticed: Availability date: 2013-09-30! I hope we will get them till Christmas:nervous:

If were lucky to be in the first batch, you'll get it 2013-08-30, if you are in the second batch, you'll get it 2013-09-30.

I should be in the first batch! When i placed the order the date was indicating 2013-08-30. I just hope the first batch will be flawless :nervous:

I should be in the first batch! When i placed the order the date was indicating 2013-08-30. I just hope the first batch will be flawless :nervous:
Same here, if i'm lucky i've odered close to the last of batch 1....When I look on Fanatec now the date is indeed skipped to September, fingers crossed ;)

I send an email to the fanatec webshop about the availability of the CSR Elite, since it's still "not available yet" in the webshop.

I got a nice reply back that they can not give me any information about the availability of the CSR Elite at this time.

My guess is that the Elite is out of production, untill the xbone situtation is solved.💡

I hope Thomas will make new deal with MS soon :)

Back