Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Well exchanged a couple of e-mails trouble shooting trough the FFB issues, no luck yet and really haven't looked at the shift lights/Fanaleds issue...
At least they're trying, seems that they're gone for the day now. Will keep you guys posted!

I find once you get in an email exchange the whole process crawls. They speak English (at least when I called). The only issues with calling is if you are outside of Europe and the fact that the call window is rather small.

When you call them, thoroughly and clearly explain your issues. Yours sound terminal enough they should just offer you a replacement.

Good luck. I hope everything turns out alright.

I find once you get in an email exchange the whole process crawls. They speak English (at least when I called). The only issues with calling is if you are outside of Europe and the fact that the call window is rather small.

When you call them, thoroughly and clearly explain your issues. Yours sound terminal enough they should just offer you a replacement.

Good luck. I hope everything turns out alright.
Thank you sir! Will definitely call them tomorrow morning and hope we can find a solution that doesn't involve waiting for a new unit(which I fear will be the case)...

Im not sure if they have changed their shipping policies, but my replacement wheel is being sent Fedex while the wheel I purchased was sent UPS. It is going to be half the shipping time with Fedex than it was UPS.

Yeah I got my rim and base both shipped via FeDex one day appart(bougth base on thurs, rim on Fri) and they got home a day early. As opposed to the other times I've bought other stuff and was shipped via UPS.

Jav
Could've been the issue, resolved it by taking the QR collar apart and replacing the balls, now working fine. But shift lights, gear indicator display not working and not getting any FFB at all...
Also I noticed a white wire sticking out on my BRAND NEW rim!! WTF Fanatec!!?
Small issues, but come on! I just dropped $700 + on this thing!!

This makes me cringe :scared:

Any news on new rims? price drop?

Still nervous to buy & my real car could use a new turbo / intercooler.

Decisions...... :dopey:

Well uninstalled the drivers and manually re-installed them, problems fixed! Everything working fine now, kind of makes me feel like a dummy but glad at the same time it was such an easy fix! Surprised too it wasn't suggested by the tech service team...

Jav
Well uninstalled the drivers and manually re-installed them, problems fixed!

This kind of sounds like you didn't install any drivers in the first place, but let the windows install their own drivers to make it work as a generic controller.

Nope, ran the .msi so I did installed the correct drivers which for some reason didn't install correctly...
Anyways, I'm just happy it's all working now! Just goota take care of that wire sticking out...

Jav
Just goota take care of that wire sticking out...

250px-Engineer.png

I have a question for you guys. When replacing your wheel base with a replacement base do I need to remove and reinstall the drivers or will the old drivers be ok? I would think there is no need to reinstall them, but Im not sure. Thanks.

I received my replacement base and there are some differences between my original and the new one. On the box of the new base it says V1.5 where the other box has nothing. The second thing is the belts, the original has Optibelts, the new base has gates belts. Also the small belt is wider on the new base compared to the old base, like twice as wide. The third difference is the second fan, the original only had 1 fan on the right hand side. The last thing Ive noticed is the pcb is a bit different. Looks to be all the same components, but they are configured differently on the board. Didn't take the back off for a closer look, but it is different. Havent hooked up the base to see if there is a difference in feel.

Interesting. My CSR Elite sounds very much like your original CSW in design.

By the way, I don't imagine driver versions being an issue. I'd say make sure your base has the latest firmware when using the latest driver though.

Yeah I had the latest drivers for the old base so should be good.
My CSW base was from the second run so not sure when things changed, but they have changed.

Guys, I have a quick question...
Is it safe to remove the rim from the base with the base turned on? I always turn the thing off before removing the rim, but I've been curious about it.

Jav
Guys, I have a quick question...
Is it safe to remove the rim from the base with the base turned on? I always turn the thing off before removing the rim, but I've been curious about it.

On the CSW? Yes it is safe to hot swap. It's a QR for a reason.
Same with the T500 from TM if you ever wondered about that one as well.

If your switching between rims its a good idea to reboot the wheel. That way it recalibrates as there is a big difference in the weight of the two rims.

I currently have a G27 right now, and very much enjoy it! and ive been keeping a eye out for the fanatec wheel and clubsport. They both look awesome!! and Im wondering if anyone has ever used both wheels which did they like better? Im assuming if you only used 1 of the wheels, your probably going to support that wheel. ive heard bad things about the peddles? like the G27 peddles are better, and just get the cable? Just if you have used both wheels (regular wheel for the fanatec..BMW) vs. the G27 wheel! i see the wheel on the BMW is much bigger which i love about that. So i would love to know what you guys think. Sell my G27 and buy the fanatec?? orr?

@Ph1sher

If you are talking about CSW, it is like asking do you prefer new 5series BMW or Dacia Logan. CSW costs more. They wouldn't sell any of them if it isn't any better than much cheaper G27.

You might want to be clear about your expectations. The CSW will not make you faster. depending on what SIM you are using, the CSW might not be a lot more immersive,as it can not create FFB, it is just more precise about the feedback, so if you play mostly PC SIM, you will feel a lot more difference.
The Fanatec is more adaptable if you want to customize your experience.
The 2 Rims available for the CSW are more immersive.
the Fanatec and the Logithec both deliver a great experience and what the CSW additionaly bring is not necessary.
That said, I love my Elite and would not go back to the Logitech.
A good set of pedals on the other hand, is going to make you faster and will be more immersive on any SIM, if I was you, I would, as I did in the first place myself, change to a CSR Elite pedals, or better set of pedals first. get use to that and then decide on the wheel.

Last edited:
Paddles or pedals? If you were asking about pedals, that is probably one of the biggest steps up. The Elite and CS pedals are arguably Fanatec's finest achievement. If paddles, I don't have enough to go on, since I have not used a G25/G27.

Thanks for your responses guys! Which really helps a lot. So the elite peddles are better than like the g27 peddles correct? And I know the whole wheel thing won't make me faster I just heard that the csw has more FFB which is good.

There is probably 20 mods out there for the g27 pedals. Many of them will make the pedals just as good as the elites. So you don't have to change the pedals to upgrade them to a much higher quality.

I just ordered a set of the Csr Elite pedals yesterday, and the reason why is many of the loadcell mods out there for the G27 brakepedal, is quite expensive. So I rather have a complete set of pedals in better quality and with adjustments for each pedal.

I'm going to take them out of the box, and reverse mount them in my own pedalbox. :-)

Thanks for your responses guys! Which really helps a lot. So the elite peddles are better than like the g27 peddles correct? And I know the whole wheel thing won't make me faster I just heard that the csw has more FFB which is good.

Load cell is a very good system for pedals, as it is more about pressure than travel.
The advantage is it is easier to remember how much to brake with muscle memory and it makes you more consistent.

The CSW might have stronger FFB than G27, so if stronger FFB is important for you, then it might be a better wheel for you. Personnaly I do not like FFB to be too strong, it does not feel natural to me. Even My DFGT was plenty strong for me. For other there is never enough force in the FFB.
Precision of feedback is what I am after. The Elite/CSW are very precise and smooth.
What SIM are you predominently using?

Last edited:
Cote Dazur
Load cell is a very good system for pedals, as it is more about pressure than travel the advantage is it is easier to remember muscle memory.

The CSW might have stronger FFB than G27, so if stronger FFB is important for you, then it might be a better wheel for you. Personnaly I do not like FFB to be too strong, it does not feel natural to me. Even My DFGT was plenty strong for me. For other there is never enough force in the FFB.
Precision of feedback is what I am after. The Elite/CSW are very precise and smooth.
What SIM are you predominently using?

GT5 and I might get into Iracing soon. Just seems like iracing costs like $2000 just to get like the 3 moniters and stuff like that. But hopefully I can get iracing soon.

I'm guessing there is no calibration problems like the G27 does. I don't have the calibration problem on the G27 yet. But I'm guessing it will happen eventually. So I would keep buying new G27s. That's why I'm considering the clubsport wheels. Which would probably last me for years. The only thing I'm concerned about was the price of the elite peddles and wheel. I guess it seems to be worth the money. Or is it?

I guess it seems to be worth the money. Or is it?

Only you can answer that. What is worth the money for some may not be worth for the other. I don't regret buying mine, it just feels so much better in your hand.
Although haven't kept an eye on Logitech products lately, they may be more reliable, as it seems that some people have had their CSW base or rims replaced or repaired very many times, athough mine is from the first batch and still haven't had any problems.

Back