Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Heh, you punk! No, I haven't tried any softening compounds yet. I am probably going to shave down some belts when I install my prototype FFB motors, which should be ready in the next week or two.

Hey guys, haven't been on the board for a while.
I thought I'll ask around here, before opening a ticket with Fanatec.

Has anyone experince with pedal spiking on the CSP V2 and also the accelerator gets only up to 70-80% some times. Used the search function but no results.

THX Spike

Hey guys, haven't been on the board for a while. I thought I'll ask around here, before opening a ticket with Fanatec. Has anyone experince with pedal spiking on the CSP V2 and also the accelerator gets only up to 70-80% some times. Used the search function but no results. THX Spike

Ask for a replacement throttle sensor.

CSS WTF? :) Is it good? why no reviews? I thought they already sold bunch of them?

We should have some news by next month! I believe the first batch ships out on the 30th this month. 👍

I hope we get solid confirmation on whether Fanatec wheels will work with Xbox One, I'm really dying to play Forza 5 and I can't go back to a controller!

I am kinda looking for a sim wheel right now. I want one that is xbox and ps3 compatible, h pattern shifter, and clutch. Is fanatec the cheapest way to go?

I am kinda looking for a sim wheel right now. I want one that is xbox and ps3 compatible, h pattern shifter, and clutch. Is fanatec the cheapest way to go?

Only proper way to go when it comes to xbox 360 compatibility. Xbox One is still an unknown with Fanatec as far as I know.

We should have some news by next month! I believe the first batch ships out on the 30th this month. 👍

I hope we get solid confirmation on whether Fanatec wheels will work with Xbox One, I'm really dying to play Forza 5 and I can't go back to a controller!

I won't bet on having a working Fanatec wheel for Forza 5 at the launch date. Right now there is a big game event : the Gamescom in Germany. Both Madcatz en Thrustmaster have shown their Xbone wheel there. Fanatec, as a german wheel manufacturer has not shown anything new concerning the Xbone on the gamescom (their home game event)

Yeah if they had anything up coming or anything to tell us gamescom would have been the event. I'm curious how good that Madcatz wheel is. It doesn't look too bad in comparison to their older wheels.

I won't bet on having a working Fanatec wheel for Forza 5 at the launch date. Right now there is a big game event : the Gamescom in Germany. Both Madcatz en Thrustmaster have shown their Xbone wheel there. Fanatec, as a german wheel manufacturer has not shown anything new concerning the Xbone on the gamescom (their home game event)

I went and looked at their offers after their post and the first thing that popped in my mind was "what were they thinking?". :ouch:

From what I could find they have no clutch and no shifter... why? I thought T10 wanted to make a simulator out of Forza Motorsport? So I don't see as to why this should be missing.

Shame, but I think they will loose a lot of sim racers this way. Unless Fanatec might provide a full package.

They're not looking for "sim racers" sadly, they're looking for the mainstream "driving game enthusiasts" with the XBONE wheels at this point... I feel alot better about the Thrustmaster wheel than the Madcatz one at this point, although I'll admit that the MC wheel looks surprisingly legit. As for Fanatec, I'm still a little baffled being that they have a bit of a history with T10 and the Forza franchise, that they're not in the mix!

As for Fanatec, I'm still a little baffled being that they have a bit of a history with T10 and the Forza franchise, that they're not in the mix!

I think the silence is because their current wheels will not be compaitable with the x1 and at the moment Fanatec is in no position to announce another new wheel.

They're not looking for "sim racers" sadly, they're looking for the mainstream "driving game enthusiasts" with the XBONE wheels at this point... I feel alot better about the Thrustmaster wheel than the Madcatz one at this point, although I'll admit that the MC wheel looks surprisingly legit. As for Fanatec, I'm still a little baffled being that they have a bit of a history with T10 and the Forza franchise, that they're not in the mix!

Yah the MadCatz render does look better than the Thrustmaster render IMHO. I do like those clutch paddles on the MadCatz. I know they are probably just for use when the pedals are detached but it would be nice if they doubled as actual clutch paddles. Madcatz says they are using leather, aluminum, and dual motors for the base. In addition the pedals are adjustable. This all seems to point toward high end. However, history and the ability to use it on your lap seems to say otherwise.

If Fanatec remains silent I am probably getting the Thrustmaster which going from the size of the base looks to be based on the t500.

Yah the MadCatz render does look better than the Thrustmaster render IMHO. I do like those clutch paddles on the MadCatz. I know they are probably just for use when the pedals are detached but it would be nice if they doubled as actual clutch paddles. Madcatz says they are using leather, aluminum, and dual motors for the base. In addition the pedals are adjustable. This all seems to point toward high end. However, history and the ability to use it on your lap seems to say otherwise.

If Fanatec remains silent I am probably getting the Thrustmaster which going from the size of the base looks to be based on the t500.

Do you mean this MadCatz wheel? http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/21/mad-catz-announces-first-xbox-one-specific-racing-wheel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyYQT82VqVo

Video of the Mad Catz wheel. Available at launch

Thanks for the laugh. How he announced it made me chuckle a bit. Plus I miss my clutch and shifter for an authentic experience, unless FM5 will only have paddle shift or automatic cars.
They still failed to give a few necessary specs. Dual motors, but how is the force transfered? Belt, gear?
The wheel seems to be a 280mm one though, so not that substantial.

Meh, they still feel like newbies on the scene of racing wheels to me. Though it is improving a bit every time.

Thanks for the laugh. How he announced it made me chuckle a bit. Plus I miss my clutch and shifter for an authentic experience, unless FM5 will only have paddle shift or automatic cars.
They still failed to give a few necessary specs. Dual motors, but how is the force transfered? Belt, gear?

Meh, they still feel like newbies on the scene of racing wheels to me. Though it is improving a bit every time.

Noobs maybe but they came out with a bang with the TE Fightstick. It wouldn't surprise me if their first entry into high end wheels is a good one. Assuming it is as good as it looks this would be a huge leap from the garbage they released in the past not a "bit" improvement. Other than the addition of force feedback there hasn't really been any improvements in Mad Catz's wheels historically speaking.

Unless this is the first ever helical belt drive wheel my money is on helical gears ala g27.

Well, since he did mention "helical" in the interview, like ibuycheap said, I'd venture to say that the MC wheel is still gear driven. It looks like a nice piece though, I like the split paddles on the wheel just like Formula 1 cars have so you can use the extra functionality in F1 sims/games.

Noobs maybe but they came out with a bang with the TE Fightstick. It wouldn't surprise me if their first entry into high end wheels is a good one. Assuming it is as good as it looks this would be a huge leap from the garbage they released in the past not a "bit" improvement. Other than the addition of force feedback there hasn't really been any improvements in Mad Catz's wheels historically speaking.

Unless this is the first ever helical belt drive wheel my money is on helical gears ala g27.

I own a Round 2 TE ps3 fightstick. Good stuff. Though you can hardly go wrong with it as the important parts are from a famous brand that supplies real cabinet manufacturers as well, Sanwa!

I always find that there is a difference between newbies and n00bs though. N00bs in my eyes are more ignorant people that don't wish to learn and improve, a newbie is just relatively new to the game and is willing to improve himself.

I think Madcatz is still a newbie when it comes to wheels, but they are certainly improving with this wheel. No doubt about that, as it shows in the design and thought that went into it (from the outside at least). So they are willing to make an effort to improve themselves.

Personally I think it's a really nice wheel for a beginner and it might be a great start for someone willing to make the switch with the new console and new Forza game.

Well, since he did mention "helical" in the interview, like ibuycheap said, I'd venture to say that the MC wheel is still gear driven. It looks like a nice piece though, I like the split paddles on the wheel just like Formula 1 cars have so you can use the extra functionality in F1 sims/games.

Ooops, I must've missed "helical" when the TV was screaming over my ipad. My bad. :embarrassed: my bad.

"Fanatec on next gen consoles

A few people are wondering why we are so quiet.
We will not make the mistake again to mention new things too early. We will announce something new if production is about to start. We are working on several products for several platforms and every one of our new products will set a new benchmark as they did in the past.
We are also trying hard to protect the investment of our existing customers by making our current products upwards compatible. But we cannot confirm that before the final consoles are released.

Thomas"

Back