Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
CSS shipping delayed

"Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that the goods have not yet arrived to our warehouses.
The delivery of your order is thus directly affected and will be delayed accordingly for about 3 to 4 weeks."

Why am I not surprised?

I guess I was right when I said in the past that Fanatec should not take pre-orders as they continue to run into issues causing delays. Or at least that is my opinion.

CSS shipping delayed

"Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that the goods have not yet arrived to our warehouses.
The delivery of your order is thus directly affected and will be delayed accordingly for about 3 to 4 weeks."

Yep, i got the same emai :grumpy: Another famous "Fanatec delay". 👎

I was really looking forward using it this weekend.

This should give us some perspective on when we ever gonna see an xbox one wheel from fanatec:

I don't expect one before the end of next year.

I could be wrong of course, because the CSR Elite has been out of production for at least half a year and they could working on a new wheel since then. My guess is that they need a least a year for developing and testing a new wheel. Add a couple delays to that and we're looking at december 2014 at the earliest.

Where do you get the price?
Some say that T500 costs as low as 399$, which is as much as TX, although some places sell clearly more expensive. Description also says metal gas and brake pedal. So no clutch? No TH8Rs or similiar H-shifter possible to use?
It also says fully dedicated to XBox one. So no PC support? In this case, pretty expensive wheel for just one game.

Amazon has the new TX for preorder at $399, so it will drop lower. T500RS started higher....
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ENFVS5Y/?tag=gtplanet-20

And since this wheel simulates an F458, which only has paddles and 2 pedals, you could argue that they are being true to licensing ;)

Why am I not surprised?

I guess I was right when I said in the past that Fanatec should not take pre-orders as they continue to run into issues causing delays. Or at least that is my opinion.

I agree, they should only offer for sale items that are in stock.
When it's gone, it's gone.
It just annoys many that have their hopes up waiting and looking forward to receiving their order.

Why am I not surprised?

Funny:

Thomas said about the xone-compatibility-issue that they "don't want to make the old mistakes again" so they don't want to announce something too early.

But the mistake about not keeping promised delivery dates is made again and again....

I agree, they should only offer for sale items that are in stock.

What is the difference? I mean, doesn't matter whether I have paid for it already or not, you'll still get it once they are in stock. If you can't order it at the moment, you are probably still anxiously waiting for news when will they be available to order.

I have no issue pre-ordering from Fanatec.
It allows me to have the product as soon as possible/available.
Any one can wait for the item to be in stock if they have issue pre-ordering.
It is understood that something my delay delivery, I rather like to receive a good product and wait than early with issues.
Delay with pre-ordering can always happen, with any supplier,but you still get it sooner.

What is the difference? I mean, doesn't matter whether I have paid for it already or not, you'll still get it once they are in stock. If you can't order it at the moment, you are probably still anxiously waiting for news when will they be available to order.

- When they start the pre-order once the product is in stock world-wide than they can set a date for a sure release.
- They can choose to let people pre-order or sell the first batch immediately without issues in offering the product.
- The chinese workers are already up to speed with the manufacturing of he product. This means that it is easier to increase production when needed.
- By the amount of pre-orders coming in daily the rate at which the products need to be manufactured can be assessed.
- Fanatec can take their time double checking the production model before full on production. After all, without a pre-order date until they are in the warehouse there will not be any rush.
- Also because their is no rush the product quality of the 1st batches can be improved.

And more of those little things. That would be the difference. ;)

And more of those little things. That would be the difference. ;)

Reading your points gives kind of an impression that Thomas is totally rubbish at running a company and should leave it to someone else. Although he has made some good products over the years (don't know how old Fanatec or Endor is), he hasn't learned a thing. And with few simple steps, quality issues should be a thing of a past and customers a whole lot happier.

Thomas should hire you as their advisor.

In regards to my CSS shipment. I pre ordered mine for the august 30th shipment. Has anyone else received this email?
Unfortunately, we have to inform you that the goods have not yet arrived to our warehouses. The delivery of your order is thus directly affected and will be delayed accordingly for about 3 to 4 weeks. We fully understand if you are unwilling to wait so long to obtain your order. Of course, you can withdraw your order at any time. We would then refund your pre-payment immediately. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused by this shipping delay.[Quote/]

Last edited:
The CSS was produced and already on the way to our warehouses. We were on target for delivery in August.

To be safe we made more reliability tests with some of the final production units and found an issue. We decided that we want to have flawless quality and therefore to rework he inventory which was already on the way.

I know that this delays everything for a few weeks but we will use airshipment to catch up the time.

Reading your points gives kind of an impression that Thomas is totally rubbish at running a company and should leave it to someone else. Although he has made some good products over the years (don't know how old Fanatec or Endor is), he hasn't learned a thing. And with few simple steps, quality issues should be a thing of a past and customers a whole lot happier.

Thomas should hire you as their advisor.

Thomas is doing a fine job. There is more to running a company than making decisions about pre-orders and supply.
He is free to see it as free advice if he wishes to do so. I just hope Thomas won't feel attacked, because all I am basically saying is how I would do it personally and not how he should do his job. ;)

The CSS was produced and already on the way to our warehouses. We were on target for delivery in August. To be safe we made more reliability tests with some of the final production units and found an issue. We decided that we want to have flawless quality and therefore to rework he inventory which was already on the way. I know that this delays everything for a few weeks but we will use airshipment to catch up the time.
To be frank, I am ok with this.

Also, in regards to Thomas and Fanatec, "Heavy lies the crown."

The CSS was produced and already on the way to our warehouses. We were on target for delivery in August.

To be safe we made more reliability tests with some of the final production units and found an issue. We decided that we want to have flawless quality and therefore to rework he inventory which was already on the way.

I know that this delays everything for a few weeks but we will use airshipment to catch up the time.

👍 👍

Don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for a better product.

I think it's fantastic that Thomas keeps an eye on this forum and even provides feedback. I thrive on information so having Thomas provide this feedback is gold for me. I really appreciate it.

Fanatec...

Thomas I had put ordered the new CSL wheel stand and was told the same is this ready to buy on Friday?

Ohh, first shot in the opening salvo...Hopefully Fanatec will follow suit.

Brushless motors are awesome. They have completely revolutionized R/C cars. But...the motors and controllers are more costly compared to brushed technology.
Prepare to pay more for next gen wheels in the future.

FMW
Brushless motors are awesome. They have completely revolutionized R/C cars. But...the motors and controllers are more costly compared to brushed technology.
Prepare to pay more for next gen wheels in the future.

This is true, but as they become more and more popular, prices will fall. Also, the brushes and commutator are the most troublesome wear areas in an electric motor...switching to brushless would solve a lot of Fanatec's current wheel issues.

This is true, but as they become more and more popular, prices will fall. Also, the brushes and commutator are the most troublesome wear areas in an electric motor...switching to brushless would solve a lot of Fanatec's current wheel issues.

Here is to hoping for an official brushless upgrade for the CSW in the future. :)

Lets hope for a brushless upgrade for Elite & CSW

Back