Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
We were also unfortunately forced to reject some of the goods, due to them falling short of our quality standards. Together with our supplier, we are working hard on needed improvements as well as increasing their production output quickly.

Ahh, the joys of Chinese manufacturing.

And another....Checking about every hour if anything changed :dopey:

I just assumed that the email meant that my order was not in the first shipment. Your post made me go check my email and guess what:

:cheers: I got shipping confirmation :cheers:

Look what the UPS guy just delivered:

zmkp.jpg

First impressions (without ingame use)

- It's bigger than i thought
- Has a solid feel to it
- Looks great, well engineerd
- Good (variable) resistance for the gears
- No comparison with the TH8, it's simply a different league
- The resistance from left to right is too light and not adjustable (as far as i know)
- As usual: No manual
- Comes with 3 kinds of cables and mounting materials

Guys, forgive the dumb question, but it's been forever since I've fired up a console. I thought I'd give GT5 a try again, and for the first time w/ my trusty CSW/CSPv2 I normally use w/ my PC. However my initial try I could not get GT5 to recognize the pedals. I held down the two lower buttons on the wheel to get the red dot indicating PS3 (G27 emulation) mode, selected G27 (and also tried G25) in-game, but it seems to have mapped the throttle and brake to two buttons on the wheel rim and not the pedals. I did not see where in-game menus to assign the pedals? There were two in-game "presets" for both the G27 and G25, not sure the difference between #1 and #2 of each type? Anyway, I tried both, and believe everything is hooked up right; I think I disconnected the USB pedal cable going to my PC to avoid confusing the wheel, and connected the pedals instead directly to the wheel, but no dice. (Now admittedly this was tried late last evening after Breaking Bad, so I may have missed a step!)

Anyway, let me know if you have any troubleshooting tips to get this sorted, thanks!

Try pressing the two buttons again.

I find that on my wheel I have to do this twice to get the pedals to work most of the time

Look what the UPS guy just delivered: First impressions (without ingame use) - It's bigger than i thought - Has a solid feel to it - Looks great, well engineerd - Good (variable) resistance for the gears - No comparison with the TH8, it's simply a different league - The resistance from left to right is too light and not adjustable (as far as i know) - As usual: No manual - Comes with 3 kinds of cables and mounting materials

Looks sexy. Shame to hear about the resistance through neutral though. :(
I am sure some mods will pop up for that eventually.

Will definitely look forward to mine now.
In the mean time I ordered a Trackir from Simware, but they put my order on completed without me paying for it. o_O

Looks great Henk............
Very jealous here lol
Enjoy it mate and I'll look forward to hearing more, and seeing what mounting solution you've came up

Looks great Henk............
Very jealous here lol
Enjoy it mate and I'll look forward to hearing more, and seeing what mounting solution you've came up

I working on it Mark.

I still have some pieces of 80/20 left from the rig build last year. The CSS will be connected to one of the simvibe buttkickers that have engine rpm en gearshift effects only.

I will update my thread with some pics as soon as it's finished :)

I working on it Mark.

I still have some pieces of 80/20 left from the rig build last year. The CSS will be connected to one of the simvibe buttkickers that have engine rpm en gearshift effects only.

I'm sure it will be very well built! Nice idea with the BK 👍

Hi Guys i have read a large amount of posts in this thread and saw there was a large number of faults with the csw clubsport and it seems there is not much mention of issues anymore. Was this definitely an early run issue or are the issues still going. I am looking at getting a t500rs or the csw clubsport cost isnt a huge concern but overall best product and reliability is very important. I emailed Fanatec and they said the issues they had were the early run units and the issues are resolved now.

I working on it Mark.

Does look awesome mate :) shame about the sideways resistance, as LogiForce said..there will be solutions popping up quick enough.
My concern is that the top isn't flat so I cant surface mount it in my console like my TH8.

Does it 'click' into gear? - as in do you feel that it's hit the mark?

Hi Guys i have read a large amount of posts in this thread and saw there was a large number of faults with the csw clubsport and it seems there is not much mention of issues anymore. Was this definitely an early run issue or are the issues still going. I am looking at getting a t500rs or the csw clubsport cost isnt a huge concern but overall best product and reliability is very important. I emailed Fanatec and they said the issues they had were the early run units and the issues are resolved now.

It's still pretty hit or miss. There is a thread over on the iRacing forums in which people regularly post both good and bad comments. The issues with the motors is an ongoing problem and not relegated to a specific batch of units.

What seems to have happened (and I could be wrong of course) is that those people having issues have finally "come to terms" with the situation and are dealing with it through Fanatec instead of posting on forums. There are a number of people that have gone through multiple wheels and motor packs (what Fanatec sends as a replacement).

The posts I see now are generally people that have purchased a new CSW and have experienced these issues. Given the clientele, new wheel purchases are being made more frequently by people using iRacing. Thus, I see the posts much more there.

It's still pretty hit or miss. There is a thread over on the iRacing forums in which people regularly post both good and bad comments. The issues with the motors is an ongoing problem and not relegated to a specific batch of units.

What seems to have happened (and I could be wrong of course) is that those people having issues have finally "come to terms" with the situation and are dealing with it through Fanatec instead of posting on forums. There are a number of people that have gone through multiple wheels and motor packs (what Fanatec sends as a replacement).

The posts I see now are generally people that have purchased a new CSW and have experienced these issues. Given the clientele, new wheel purchases are being made more frequently by people using iRacing. Thus, I see the posts much more there.

I'd say that's probably a pretty accurate assessment.

Yeah I'd second that assessment.
With my latest wheel I'm running in game FFB at 70% to see if that has any effect on the motor life span lol Although It's not been getting much action these last couple of months.

Anyone who ordered from the US store receive shipping info yet?
I ordered 29th of June order number 622876, no shipping info here for reference.

RMX
Anyone who ordered from the US store receive shipping info yet?
I ordered 29th of June order number 622XXX, no shipping info here for reference.

Nothing here either. I also ordered a day before you did.

In agreement with Mr Basher comment as well, since we are on that subject ( again ) what are the news on the Prototype motor front? :)

I emailed the motor vendor just now; waiting on an updated reply. Last I talked to him was 8/20 and he was supposed to be starting to wind the armatures ASAP. So far this is a small project for him and I know he is pretty busy, but didn't expect it to take this long.

Latest Posts

Back