Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
There is a definitive improvement from the beta test motors to the current spec. The beta motors would lose resistance after an hour or so of play and where noticeably less consistent in their ffb output.

Presently my CSW runs as good as the day it was replaced (couple months ago).

Kind of funny. An earlier poster said his beta motors were great and had no problems. I went through 3 sets of post-beta motors that often went "soft." It seems like they are all over the map. I almost wonder if I should have them send me another set of "new batch" motors under warranty to replace the last set of mine that burnt out to see if there really are any differences, and if they'll burn up again.

I had my first set of motors go bad. I replaced with a motor pack, but had a code wheel issue (I believe my fault) and received a new base. I use the new base with a lot more ffb then I did my first base and have had no issues with the replacement base. No ffb fade, that I notice, and no notchy feeling from a burnt motor.

I have received a new pack to replace the original pack that had a burned motor on my Elite. No issue since that, but, I now monitors the heat from the cooling sink. I connected a digital thermometer on the heat sink and keep the temperature below 32 degrees Celsius.
I usually do not use very strong feedback, because I prefer it that way, but when at one time, trying a new SIM, the FFB was much stronger, I could smell a burn odor, fairly quickly.
Otherwise my wheel works like a charm, I love it, would buy another one without hesitation. The thing I least like is that I am always a little worried about burning the motors, I wish the wheel would have some sort of feedback, other than my DI myself small temperature gage, to warn me when FFB is too much and the motors temperature is dangerously high.

Has anyone been able to use a CSR Elite on PS3 with GT4?

I've been trying to get it to work but no dice. I know in PS3 mode the wheel emulates a G25/7 and those wheels work on GT4 on PS3, and I also know that my old GT3RS works on GT4. I just haven't been able to do the same with GT4 and the Elite...

Has anyone been able to use a CSR Elite on PS3 with GT4?

I've been trying to get it to work but no dice. I know in PS3 mode the wheel emulates a G25/7 and those wheels work on GT4 on PS3, and I also know that my old GT3RS works on GT4. I just haven't been able to do the same with GT4 and the Elite...

I can't even get the G25 to work on the PS2 with GT4. ;)
So I couldn't get the CSW to work on PS2 with GT4 either.

My guess is that GT4 doesn't support that many controllers. Only those that were at the time compatible with the PS/2. Which were the Logitech Driving Force wheels and unofficially the Formula Force (which were the PC equivalents).

I've gotten the G25 wheel to work with the ps3 and GT4. That was a long time ago. Somehow I remember the game being finicky on which usb port you plugged the wheel into.

I've gotten the G25 wheel to work with the ps3 and GT4. That was a long time ago. Somehow I remember the game being finicky on which usb port you plugged the wheel into.

My turbo S worked with PS3 and PS2 games enthusia and GT4. That launch PS3 is however dead now.

Can any fellow Fanatec CSW users share how you mapped the buttons in GT5? I finally got it to recognize my CSPc2 pedals, but can't seem to find the right way to assign the paddle shifts (which are currently moving the menu select up and down), etc... I do have the wheel in PS3 mode (red dot.) Sorry if this is obvious, first time back to trying GT5 with the ClubSport.

Can any fellow Fanatec CSW users share how you mapped the buttons in GT5? I finally got it to recognize my CSPc2 pedals, but can't seem to find the right way to assign the paddle shifts (which are currently moving the menu select up and down), etc... I do have the wheel in PS3 mode (red dot.) Sorry if this is obvious, first time back to trying GT5 with the ClubSport.

From memory I think it registers as a G27. Check how the G27 is mapped in the menu.

Still waiting for my CSS-SQ...:crazy: Anyone else (except HoiHman) has any good news?

I think I am pretty much last in line, so count me out for now.

Surprisingly little reviews/user impressions so far in my opinion. A bit of shame.

I think I am pretty much last in line, so count me out for now.

Surprisingly little reviews/user impressions so far in my opinion. A bit of shame.

Strange indeed! Even beta testers who had the shifter months ago, remain silent... (only previews)

Strange indeed! Even beta testers who had the shifter months ago, remain silent... (only previews)

I do not think beta testers are allowed to make public comments? I mean shifter was modified just before production like Thomas mentioned(reason for delay)

I don't believe any have been released in the US. I am early on the US list and haven't received anything but notices that they are waiting for stock to fill orders.

It is my impression that the first delivery didn't have very many units and they all went to Europe.

I got the BS email weeks ago that they had stock and would be shipping by the end of the week........since then.......zip, zero, nada and I've heard of NO ONE other than Hoi here getting one.

Frankly I'm not surprised at........F1 rim took almost 6 months from the time of preorders until I had it in my hands. If that's a guideline I expect my CSS by Christmas..........maybe.

It could be the updates/revisions that were made to the first batch have had a knock on effect on the shifters production.
I hope that you guys get them soon, it's good to hear many reviews and thoughts on a new product

I got the BS email weeks ago that they had stock and would be shipping by the end of the week........since then.......zip, zero, nada and I've heard of NO ONE other than Hoi here getting one.

Frankly I'm not surprised at........F1 rim took almost 6 months from the time of preorders until I had it in my hands. If that's a guideline I expect my CSS by Christmas..........maybe.

Yeah, it's not looking good. I know I'm going to be very disappointed if I don't the CSS before GT6 comes out.

The CSW hub will be available the 16th Oct here in EU region but do I have to preorder to have a chance to get one? I get enough money first the 18th Oct.

The CSW hub will be available the 16th Oct here in EU region but do I have to preorder to have a chance to get one? I get enough money first the 18th Oct.

What Hub are you talking about? Have you any more information?

Last edited:
With recent news about the CSR Elite not being compatible with Xbox One, I've decided that my next progression should be to obtain a CSW with BMW Rim, retiring the CSR Elite to Console use.

If I am to expect the same level of quality from the CSR Elite as the CSW, then I should be very pleased. Now the only question is holding out until December when I can coax it into a gift for me! :D

Edit: I am also planning on possibly modifying the living bejesus out of my CSP's. Would it be possible to basically use the PCB and sensors while using an entirely new set of pedals? I'm thinking of adding a realistic brake and clutch, as well as the ability to switch to floor mounted or hanging within a minute. I have the concept in my head, I just want to know if it is possibly.

Latest Posts

Back