Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
I actually got a tracking number yesterday. My CSS should be here just in time for the weekend. Can't wait!

You in the US? I think Fanatec uses UPS for US shipments

I'm in Canada so generally they ship USPS and Its hit or miss if I get a tracking number sent.

Hmm.. Looks like maybe June 28, 2013 actually. That's the best I can find.

Last edited:
Mine came in the mail this morning.

C823A447-8578-41CB-BD66-9B7C043C48E8-13016-00000863C6A5EB6B_zpsdd274cde.jpg

Now I have to figure out how to attach it to the CSL Seat. The CSS is a lot bigger than it looks.

At the current production rate I suspect mine will arrive around my birthday on February the 22nd, because I ordered 2 weeks before launch of the first batch. This is being optimistic as it seems they deliver a new batch every other month to one continent.

It will come when it will come I suppose, but damn... that production rate seems slow. :(

Wahoo! to my surprise the doorbell just rang with the post man holding my CSS. Took less than a week usa to canada, fastest shipping i've received from fanatec yet. I'm so giddy writing this I have to go to work but it gives me time for ideas on how I'm gonna mount this thing to my pvc rig.

First Impressions

-Packaged very well as per everthing fanatec i've received
-Quality, "this shifter is one nice piece of kit" saying that would be an under-statement
-Size matters? this thing is huge haha
-The shift clicks are not cheap sounding

I'll try an post pics once i get it mounted.

Thanks, Fanatec! :)

Last edited:
Please show us how you did that and tell us your initial impressions CSL Seat + ClubSport Shifter. Thanks

I unfortunately don't have time to explain how I did it, but here are some up-close photos of the CSS mounted to my CSL Seat:

a05060d7b035fd83bd40d3df058d5a40_zps4ce25094.jpg

d04d730bb117304cc30f9150f0c944ab_zps9b569d07.jpg

b94d43caae9f0b44e5b51d49064239d7_zpsf82c39db.jpg

248f8dcc220e725c86a93cd6ac03b50d_zps2d055a11.jpg

e20f6727d966d0d095410d47215c75a1_zpsd7f392d6.jpg

But I will say this: when mounting the CSS to the CSL Seat, you do not need the bolts that come with the shifter. There are two bolts that come with the CSL Seat that you will be using instead.

My impressions of using the CSS in conjunction with CSL Seat were good. Once you have everything tightened, it's very sturdy. Intense shifting won't budge it. I do have to reach a little further than I had to when I was using the CSR shifter, but it doesn't affect my driving. I probably just have to adjust the height of the shifter.

However, these is an issue with my shifter. There is a switch on both sides of the CSS that let you choose between H-gate and sequential. The switch on the left works fine, but the one on the right will not budge whatsoever and this is obviously a problem for me since I have my CSS mounted on the right side. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do about it yet. For now, I'm stuck with H-gate.

Last edited:
I do have to reach a little further than I had to when I was using the CSR shifter, but it doesn't affect my driving. I probably just have to adjust the height of the shifter.

What do you mean by a little further? Further in front, further on the side or something else? If it is too far away in front, you can mount it few centimeters closer to you just like shown on the Fanatec homepage.

However, these is an issue with my shifter. There is a switch on both sides of the CSS that let you choose between H-gate and sequential. The switch on the left works fine, but the one on the right will not budge whatsoever and this is obviously a problem for me since I have my CSS mounted on the right side. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do about it yet. For now, I'm stuck with H-gate.

That's unfortunate... However, it looks to me you can just move the mounting plate up higher on the shifter. Then use different holes on the rig. The net effect should move the shifter slightly closer to you, only marginally change the height and allow you access to the selection switch.

Worth a shot.

Ouch...
No general ps3 steering wheel support for ps4, quoted from the official ps4 faq:

Will PS3 peripherals such as fighting sticks and steering wheels work with PS4?
Generally speaking, no. However, at launch, users will be able to use these controllers if a specific game title allows it to be used within the game. This decision is upon the game developer and will vary from game to game.

Ouch...
No general ps3 steering wheel support for ps4, quoted from the official ps4 faq:

Will PS3 peripherals such as fighting sticks and steering wheels work with PS4?
Generally speaking, no. However, at launch, users will be able to use these controllers if a specific game title allows it to be used within the game. This decision is upon the game developer and will vary from game to game.

This was the case as well with the PS3 I think. Game developers needed to include platform specific SDKs made by the hardware vendors.

What does this mean?
- Logitech has said that they would stop supporting the consoles, so there will not be a Logitech PS4 SDK
- Thrustmaster is focused on the XB1, so no clue what they will do. They were late into the game with the PS3 SDK and the T500. So earlier games like the Shift series didn't support the T500. I suspect we won't see any from them either, but who knows.
- Fanatec has said to wait when it comes to the next gen consoles. So I do not expect and SDK from them either, especially since they used the Logitech SDK to ride on for their PS3 mode.

So yeah, if I will buy a console than it is after someone has made a move... and I don't see much movement yet.

Basically the Xbone is stuck with the T500 ripoff with the bizzaro TH8 and pedals and all the marketing speak to make us happy we're getting less for the same money.

The PS4 is hosed because there isn't even a wheel announced for it. Can't believe it. After all the advancement over the years in console racing they have completely destroyed it with one fell swoop.

According to this publication all current commercial racing wheels compatible with PlayStation 3 will also be fully compatible with PlayStation 4.

That's twisting words from a quote. Here is the original on thesixthaxis.com

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/06/18/driveclub-will-support-all-ps4-wheels-studio-aiming-at-60fps/

In a behind closed doors session with TheSixthAxis last week, Evolution’s Col Rodgers confirmed that the game will support every wheel that works with the PS4. Hopefully that also means that current PS3 wheels will also work just fine, although that’s not 100% guaranteed.

So he says that they intend to support "support every wheel that works with the PS4". He never said that the current PS3 compatible wheels will work. Only the guys from thesixthaxis website say that they hope the PS3 wheels will be compatible, but never said that they are or are going to be compatible.
So unless the hardware vendors of the current PS3 hardware make a PS4 compatible SDK than those wheels will not work.

Sooooo, the new fangled wheels are basically plastic garbage crap for the new "advanced" consoles that don't even meet up to last gens wheels. Nice work there console manufacturers!

Yes you should, I could give at least one good reason: Assetto Corsa:dopey:

Another is pCARS
Another is ETS2 for a relaxing drive (I find it fun at least)
Another is rFactor 2
Another is freedom of peripheral usage
Another is no limit to the power of a PC. (e.g. got a game running 1080p@30fps than just pop in a new videocard so it runs at least at 60 fps or greater)
Another is just one machine needed for triples
Another is a PC is more versatile than a console when it comes to things you can do with it

Anyways, I can see a lot of reasons to prefer the current PC over any of the new consoles. Especially with the launch day list of games, which isn't very appealing.

Mark,

Besides all the above

As a tactile lover you really need to get a pc for simvibe :gtpflag:

:lol: I know, it was planned for this year but life can get in the way sometimes as we know.
I've big plan's for the new year though and will probably start a new thread when the time comes ;)

The comparability of the PS4 with current wheels really isn't an issue yet as there are no sim racing games announced for the PS4. I am anxiously awaiting GT6 for my PS3 and my CSR-E wheel, CSP v2 and my delayed CSS-SQ.

My reading of the Sony announcement is that it is more up to the game manufacturers to make them compatible than it is for Sony. I interrupt this to mean that the interface is pretty standard and building drivers is up to the game designer.

This is distinctly different than the situation with MS and the XONE. Current racing peripherals are not compatible and there is not much that anyone can do to fix that situation. Forza5 is also going onto XONE so the newest Forza requires new hardware.

I will not buy an XONE to upgrade my X360 or do I have any plans or desires to own Forza 5.

@ Logiforce, GTR Evolution is also a very good reason to go PC
@ Carson, I went to PC about a year ago, it is the next logical step, you will only regret not having done it sooner
@ RReed43, although a CSR-E is nicer to use on GT5, or GT6 ( from the test done with the demo ) than some lesser wheels.
You will only know how great your wheel is when you feed it superior feedback and physic, and those are only available form PC SIMs. Once I had used my Elite with the Technology preview of AC, NetKar Pro and some cars in SIMBIN Titles, I finally realized of much subtlety can be felt with Force Feedback.

@ Logiforce, GTR Evolution is also a very good reason to go PC
@ Carson, I went to PC about a year ago, it is the next logical step, you will only regret not having done it sooner
@ RReed43, although a CSR-E is nicer to use on GT5, or GT6 ( from the test done with the demo ) than some lesser wheels.
You will only know how great your wheel is when you feed it superior feedback and physic, and those are only available form PC SIMs. Once I had used my Elite with the Technology preview of AC, NetKar Pro and some cars in SIMBIN Titles, I finally realized of much subtlety can be felt with Force Feedback.
I still prefer rFactor2 FFB. It is the most realistic FFB I have driven. It compares to what you can feel on Cruden professional simulator (impressive when you think about the price difference between a CSR Elite and a "Leo Bodnar like wheel".

Back