Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
If you compare they look exactly the same, there´s no doubt there will come a new Porsche wheel wrapped in brown leather :drool:
Why are you so sure? It may come and it may not come. Maybe it was special rim for Rene Rast, who is (former i guess) Porsche driver just like CSW was shown with a $17K Audi rim.

Why are you so sure? It may come and it may not come. Maybe it was special rim for Rene Rast, who is (former i guess) Porsche driver just like CSW was shown with a $17K Audi rim.

You are right, there was an audi wheel shown in 2011 wich have never been released but still both might get released in the future. Fanatec would make tons of money if they do release them.

You are right, there was an audi wheel shown in 2011 wich have never been released but still both might get released in the future. Fanatec would make tons of money if they do release them.

Both definitely won't be released, because as I said, Thomas mentioned that this particular Audi rim costs 17 000(€). (Don't know why, it's not like it's made out of gold or something)

I love Fanatec as a company, they really strive to give us sim racers what we want. But ponder this, do you think its best if Fanatec gets bought out by Logitech? That way they have the financial clout and economies of scale that would really take care of these issues with deadlines, supply chain, etc.

I think it would be best for Fanatec to partner with a giant like Logitech, hell even Thrustmaster, maybe Fanatec could be the Premium line for Thrustmaster sorta like Infinity is for Nissan. Don't kill me on that, just an example. LOL

Fanatec could then have the customer service manpower, the advertising money, the R&D money, the supply chain, the clout in the industry. It would be awesome.

Fanatec, the premium Logitech line.

I love Fanatec as a company, they really strive to give us sim racers what we want. But ponder this, do you think its best if Fanatec gets bought out by Logitech? That way they have the financial clout and economies of scale that would really take care of these issues with deadlines, supply chain, etc.

I think it would be best for Fanatec to partner with a giant like Logitech, hell even Thrustmaster, maybe Fanatec could be the Premium line for Thrustmaster sorta like Infinity is for Nissan. Don't kill me on that, just an example. LOL

Fanatec could then have the customer service manpower, the advertising money, the R&D money, the supply chain, the clout in the industry. It would be awesome.

Yes, an already niche market going from three (four only if you take Madcat seriously) to two suppliers is a consumer's dream come true. The ensuing cutthroat competition will drive prices down, quality up and every quarter will see revolutionary new products of the highest build quality. Makes like totally sense.

I think your forgetting one important fact in that idea, Thomas. Why would you think hed want to give up control of his company. I understand your points, but you gotta give Thomas some credit here. While Fanatec have got some issues they have also brought a lot of improvements to the game. I think its kinda of insulting to say that, even if it wasnt meant to be. Thomas has come along way to improve things in his company and I for one hope they continue.

Well, as of this years financials, Endor is still several Millions of Euro in debt. While they made some very minimal gains(from - +-5,000,000 to +-4,800,000, meaning they turned roughly a +-200,000 tidy profit from June 2012 to June 2013) on it from the last fiscal year, Fanatec is still not cash solvent.

However, who knows what those numbers really represent in terms of investors & private cash infusions. Without knowing the whole story, we can only speculate with the information provided.

Uh guys, I'm a huge Fanatec and Thomas backer so don't think I'm bashing him. I'm saying that it would aleviate a lot of the issues they currently have. I also find it funny since I've been harping on Fanatec innovating here for a couple of years now and it always falls on deaf ears here with the Fanatec bashing. Gimme a break.

And if you think innovation would end, you're mistaken, one of the points I mention is the increased budget for R&D, he could structure the deal so he would have a larger R&D budget.

Its easy to find the negative aspects of that proposal but there could also be positive aspects.

As far as prices and your sarcastic comment, tell me how much the price of the G27 has dropped? I thought so. This market is broken into several segments. Low cost toy, middle level stuff like Fanatec, and ultra high end like ECCI and Frex.

Stop being so combative LOL

I don't think Fanatec is having any issues in R&D. They have brought a steady stream of new tech to the industry. Their issues come from the production and quality control side.

As far as Logitech goes, they have left the console market and appear to be happy with keeping with their current line. Which means no cash for R&D.

Thrustmaster are producing their own line to compete with Fanatec. So I don't see them wanting to go that route. They seem happy seeing what sticks with Fanatec products and repeating that.

I don't think Fanatec is having any issues in R&D. They have brought a steady stream of new tech to the industry. Their issues come from the production and quality control side.

As far as Logitech goes, they have left the console market and appear to be happy with keeping with their current line. Which means no cash for R&D.

Thrustmaster are producing their own line to compete with Fanatec. So I don't see them wanting to go that route. They seem happy seeing what sticks with Fanatec products and repeating that.

Yes, my scenario was just hypothetical. R&D for a replacement for the G27 vs. R&D for a turnkey product are two totally different things though. Ask SimXperience, they bought out Ultraforcesims. Guess what? R&D = zero cost for them on this one and they have a turnkey product which increases their lineup, gives them more options and credibility, and in my opinion is a win for both companies.

I would like to share a information (outside the scope of this forum), Sony today announced the price of the PS4 in Brazil, it will cost about $ 1.850 (U.S. dollars)! What do you think about this? OMG

You took the words right out of my mouth, Mayaman.
For that money I would buy two Titans instead and put them in SLI. It will last longer performance wise than the PS4.

I would like to share a information (outside the scope of this forum), Sony today announced the price of the PS4 in Brazil, it will cost about $ 1.850 (U.S. dollars)! What do you think about this? OMG

steep. may as well buy it from another country. shipping can't be that expensive :crazy:

Just checked my email... CSS SQ is getting shipped! I'm just awaiting the tracking number. North America here as well.

I live in Europe and was supposed to receive my shifter in late August...

Still nothing here

That sucks.
That's why I'd rather wait until their in stock. At least then you know it will only take 5 days until it's in your hands.
Hope it turns up soon 👍

RMX
Just checked my email... CSS SQ is getting shipped! I'm just awaiting the tracking number. North America here as well.

Don't hold your breath on a tracking number. When I had my Elite F1 rim preordered I got the same email we just got for our CSS SQ and never got a tracking number. Week and a half later my F1 rim was sitting inside my front door when I came home from work.

Don't hold your breath on a tracking number. When I had my Elite F1 rim preordered I got the same email we just got for our CSS SQ and never got a tracking number. Week and a half later my F1 rim was sitting inside my front door when I came home from work.

Inside the actual door? Now that postal dude went postal with some brute strength to achieve that. :dopey:

I actually got a tracking number yesterday. My CSS should be here just in time for the weekend. Can't wait!

Back