Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Righto! thanks, twice the controller for the price of one :-)

So I'll only switch to this mode for games which specifically support the CSL Elite PS4.

Just a quick update.
The directional (UDLR) toggle on the PS4 rim has just caved in. Seriously!? I've like used this minimally to change 'on the fly' settings.
I've reached out to Fanatec to see if i can send this base back and purchase the V2.5 as that wheel 'chatter' is too much along with the failure of the toggle button.

Anyone else with the wheel having problems getting the wheel into V2 compatible mode? When I started my pc today the wheel seems to always want to be in PC mode. I press mode the light goes purple then back to red. If I keep tapping the mode button continuously it does stay in V2 mode. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Also it appears my PC (Windows 10, creator) doesn't like booting with V2 mode saved as the last mode.

Anyone else with the wheel having problems getting the wheel into V2 compatible mode? When I started my pc today the wheel seems to always want to be in PC mode. I press mode the light goes purple then back to red. If I keep tapping the mode button continuously it does stay in V2 mode. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Also it appears my PC (Windows 10, creator) doesn't like booting with V2 mode saved as the last mode.
If my V2 wheel is on before I boot it will just hang on the bios screen until I turn it off or unplug, I assume it is just a voltage issue through the USB but I'm not sure.

It seems to be related to V2 mode, if I boot my PC with the wheel in PC (red) it appears to be happy.

Further testing with Asseto corsa, if I start the game in V2 mode it switches to PC mode when I start (using oculus vr) and doesn't work. Starting the game in PC mode and assigning inputs and everything works very well. FFB seems much better than my previous wheel (G29).

RRE on the other hand doesn't seem to work for me, starting in V2 again switches to PC mode when starting game. starting in PC mode and assigning inputs works but gives a "Device missing on starting game" and wheel in uncontrollable.

The v2 compatibility mode is only for use on the Playstation and even there only on old unpatched games.
It is absolutely not intended to be used on the PC as there is a dedicated PC mode.
It is therefore as intended that the wheel will switch directly back into PC mode on a computer.

Do you have an FAQ for that? Dirt Rally and Project Cars on PC work fine with V2 mode enabled and offer menu support with joystick etc. In PC mode they don't seem to work as expected.

No FAQ article for that (yet).
But trust me, the wheel is designed to be used in PC mode on the PC. When the wheel dies not work properly in a particular game thats the fault of the game itself.
Every game needs to be updated to the newest Fanatec SDK in order to get everything working as it should. Project Cars 1 wont be updated anymore so no guaranteed 100 % compatibility with new wheel bases..

Once Dirt 4 supports VR and Project cars 2 it out (Can't wait) I'll be happy but in the meantime I still would like to play these games and other older titles which won't be updated so I hope V2 mode on PC is something which is supported.

I've had my CSL Elite PS4 wheel for a week now and am very pleased with the performance on this wheel, the only problem I have is the button configuration that does not work in Asetto Corsa on PS4
Is there anybody who does not have this problem with the Button Configuration in Asetto Corsa on the PS4 ??
Otherwise, everything else works in Asetto Corsa LEDs ClubSport Handbrake and shifter
I got my ClubSport Shifter today :) this is really a solid piece of art :) :) i love it :)
And now I'm really tempted to order the Porsche 918 RSR Steering Wheel..I'm infected with the Fanatec fever ..

I've had my CSL Elite PS4 wheel for a week now and am very pleased with the performance on this wheel, the only problem I have is the button configuration that does not work in Asetto Corsa on PS4
Is there anybody who does not have this problem with the Button Configuration in Asetto Corsa on the PS4 ??
Otherwise, everything else works in Asetto Corsa LEDs ClubSport Handbrake and shifter
I got my ClubSport Shifter today :) this is really a solid piece of art :) :) i love it :)
And now I'm really tempted to order the Porsche 918 RSR Steering Wheel..I'm infected with the Fanatec fever ..
What do you mean? There's an update coming in Assetto with custom button mapping if that helps?

What do you mean? There's an update coming in Assetto with custom button mapping if that helps?

It is not possible to turn on and off TCR, ABS or adjust turbo pressure no matter what button configuration I choose; This applies only when driving

Good review from Shaun Cole.

I was thinking a similar line about the noise being made a bit worse by the housing. Wonder if it could be opened up without voiding warranty and adding some sound dampening material like Fractal Design do on PC cases or adding some other cushioning inside to other parts/areas?

Don't get me wrong though, it doesn't seem that bad, especially for road driving but I'm concerned for rough terrain games outside of Dirt 4 and ideally I'd like the noise to be less that's all. Would mainly be using it at night and don't experience this on G25 or PWTS or read about this kind of noise on Club Sport or Thrustmaster and yes they do have their little noises and notches.

Last edited:
When the Fanatec fairy brings you some new toys :)

IMG_2766.JPG IMG_2765.JPG

Update #2

Despite Fanatec asking for a video proof of the failed 'tuning menu/funky switch' issue of which i uploaded with a 3rd ticket i thought i'd have a closer look at the problem.
Looks like the plastic retainer that the switch fits in has 'jumped out' of its socket.
I'm not arsed about this rim so i thought i'd give it a bit of brute force and managed to somehow twist and lock it back into place.
It's now working fine, and seems more like it should feel. Perhaps the switch was a poor fit from the chinese factory?
As i said not to bothered about this as i have the BMW & F1 & Drift rims which i can use.
I've also been playing with the base ffb / per game settings and it's getting a little better with regards the rattling effect but i'm thinking that's because of the plastic housing.... - still not convinced its as durable as my old V2 though.
Time will tell....

@Fanatec... Is there any reason why the rev display on the wheel base as well as the tuning menu/gear display on the wheel doesn't work in DiRT 4? I thought DiRT 4 is the first fully supported PS4 game for the CSL ERW?

Update #2

Despite Fanatec asking for a video proof of the failed 'tuning menu/funky switch' issue of which i uploaded with a 3rd ticket i thought i'd have a closer look at the problem.
Looks like the plastic retainer that the switch fits in has 'jumped out' of its socket.
I'm not arsed about this rim so i thought i'd give it a bit of brute force and managed to somehow twist and lock it back into place.
It's now working fine, and seems more like it should feel. Perhaps the switch was a poor fit from the chinese factory?
As i said not to bothered about this as i have the BMW & F1 & Drift rims which i can use.
I've also been playing with the base ffb / per game settings and it's getting a little better with regards the rattling effect but i'm thinking that's because of the plastic housing.... - still not convinced its as durable as my old V2 though.
Time will tell....

I've also had problems with this switch.

Last edited:
I just got my new Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel for PS4 yesterday. Today I had the time to put everything together (also received the CSL Elite Pedals LC) and started up, from the beginning I saw the display wasn't working properly. The middle segments doesn't light up.

Anyone know a way to solve this?

I just got my new Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel for PS4 yesterday. Today I had the time to put everything together (also received the CSL Elite Pedals LC) and started up, from the beginning I saw the display wasn't working properly. The middle segments doesn't light up.

I take it you did update the software as the instructions recommended? It doesn't look like a faulty led it looks more like corrupt information being fed to the LED display.

As I understand it, Fanatec prefer you to talk to them before posting video's on social media?
It seems they are more responsive if you talk to them first, just what I heard!

There is only one way to solve this. Please contact our support instead of posting something on a forum as this is by far the fastest way to solve an issue or to get help.

We have a live chat even on weekends and you will get immediate response there.

There is only one way to solve this. Please contact our support instead of posting something on a forum as this is by far the fastest way to solve an issue or to get help.

We have a live chat even on weekends and you will get immediate response there.
I did try to contact Fanatec. Send them an email through Fanatec website explaining the problem and sending them a video. Still waiting an answer from them

Back