Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 1,093 comments
In the new update

2. Controllers
 - Adjusted the Tuning Menu Auto Setup parameters for the Fanatec® Podium to better suit the Torque Mode:
  ・When in High Torque Mode, selecting Auto Setup (AS) will set the optimum parameters;
  ・When in Low Torque Mode, the force feedback will be weaker. Please adjust the setting in Custom Setup as follows:
   SEM: Auto
   FFB: 100
   NDP: 50
   NFR: 5
   NIN: Off
   INT: 3
   FEI: 100
   FOR: 100
   SPR: 100
   DPR: 100

Have PD ever put Fanatec wheel settings in the patch notes like that? I guess even if they aren't saying anything about newer wheels, at least they're working on wheels and settings. At least it's on their radar. It was kind of funny watching the world series and those guys' hands oscillating back and forth down the straights. edit- also interesting they have SPR DPR at 100 when everyone says they aren't used in GT7. I think I can feel a difference when they are on but everyone says they aren't used.

Last edited:
BWX
Have PD ever put Fanatec wheel settings in the patch notes like that? I guess even if they aren't saying anything about newer wheels, at least they're working on wheels and settings. At least it's on their radar. It was kind of funny watching the world series and those guys' hands oscillating back and forth down the straights. edit- also interesting they have SPR DPR at 100 when everyone says they aren't used in GT7. I think I can feel a difference when they are on but everyone says they aren't used.
SPR and DPR are used.

BWX
I haven't seen them do it before either... I've been complaining that they need to be more communicative, hopefully this the start of them doing that...

Nobody seems to know what the heck this game is doing. The physics are changing update to update... The FFB is changing... PD doesn't seem to understand it themselves.

Iterative improvements are amazing and appreciated. But whatever this is... This is annoying. PD is reminding me of Mercedes in the current F1 regs, their wind tunnel correlation is miles off lol.

FMW
According to the official FANATEC forum, SPR and DPR are not used in the game. https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/25219/gran-turismo-7-ps4-ps5-fanatec-recommended-settings/p7

Maybe this was changed in one of the updates since this was posted???
SPR and DPR don't have a direct effect on what these two parameters actually are meant to be used for.
Yet, they have a very subtle impact on the center spring behavior or let's say the initial feel around the wheel shaft.
To put it in another perspective, it doesn't do exactly what it's supposed to do, but it still has some very minor impact which to me is noticeable when turning them completely off or having them set to their default values.

Last edited:
SPR and DPR don't have a direct effect on what these two parameters actually are meant to be used for.
Yet, they have a very subtle impact on the center spring behavior or let's say the initial feel around the wheel shaft.
To put it in another perspective, it doesn't do exactly what it's supposed to do, but it still has some very minor impact which to me is noticeable when turning them completely off or having them set to their default values.
Easy enough to test, I suppose, if it's mostly a center feeling that you're noticing. I've had mine set to off since the DD Pro, and now with the DD+. I'll try it later tonight after work. Should be a fun test. :)

FMW
Easy enough to test, I suppose, if it's mostly a center feeling that you're noticing. I've had mine set to off since the DD Pro, and now with the DD+. I'll try it later tonight after work. Should be a fun test. :)
Yep it's indeed easy to test.
When I turn them both off completely the wheel becomes slightly more nervous around it's center position.
The initial firmness is gone.
It's very subtle but to me still noticeable.
I crave these small little things 😅

Back