Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 1,142 comments
My third DD+ base arrived today. It came with 2.0.1.4 (455) for the base and 1.1.0.3 for the WQR. This time the base serial number matched the serial number on the box (first replacement base was mismatched). After a quick test in GT7 I went ahead and updated it to 462. I was only able to do an hour in GT7 but so far this base looks promising. There’s no coil whine, and the handbrake input on the calibration screen is stable and isn’t jumping like in my previous base. Using PirovacBoy’s settings, it also doesn’t do the shaking when the wheel is centered - not sure if it has something to do with the latest GT7 update or the 462 firmware but my previous two bases had the shaking. After 6 1/2 weeks of being away, WOW! I had a big smile the moment entered the first turn and that smile lasted throughout the race :)
I wonder if they sent you my first base for your second base. LOL. We should compare serial numbers. My 1st base I sent back had that problem with hand brake and slight coil whine. 🤔 LOL I'm joking, they wouldn't do that... would they? naw.... I did have my first base working perfectly besides that though, they just wanted it back to test it because I did have disconnected on earlier FW versions, and I told them that. Then when they tested my base they couldn't reproduce the disconnects, but I told them it wasn't doing that after the FW combos I had on there at the time. It's like they forgot why they wanted it in the first place, or something was lost in translation. My new base is perfect as far as I can tell.

1st OG base.. Base S/N: GR014013560 Handbrake jumpy

2nd base. Handbrake smooth

That proves there was a hardware problem in the base because nothing else changed. Just thought it was interesting. They never acknowledged the hand brake issue even after I repeatedly inquired about it. 🤷‍♂️

@BWX

My first base from the Extreme bundle had serial GR49300xxxx. I wasn’t able to check if if had a jumpy handbrake but it was smooth and quiet. The first replacement base had serial GR44300xxxx and arrived in the a retail EU box but in a plain shipping box. It appeared new but serials did not match (GR41300xxxx on the box). It came with 455 for the base and 1.1.0.3 which I immediately updated to 2.1.0.3. I logged 15 1/2 hours of racing time with it and only had 3 instances of freezing. But it did have cool whine and the jumpy handbrake. I took a weeklong break and when I wanted to use it again, it was bricked.

This second replacement has a serial of GR01400xxxx and has matching serials on both the retail box and shipping box. It’s definitely new and I went ahead and updated it to 462 just to rule out any hardware faults. They are pretty confident that the disconnection issue is fixed and have mentioned that if you still get disconnections/freezes then it probably is a hardware issue although they said the same thing when 457 was released LOL. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be smooth sailing from here on out

Last edited:
Yeah I think they figured the disconnect problems out this time for good, which is great. 🤞 Glad you got a brand new unit too. I think my replacement was new, it came in a CS DD+ EU box and was shipped from Germany I think, and also had the wrong EU type cord but they sent me a US type cord afterward when I told them. So I guess technically I have CS DD+ base and Extreme wheel. Haha. I did request to have original box back so if I ever resell my Extreme that I would have the OG box, and they agreed to that before I sent it out. But I never got the box back. It wasn't really worth the trouble so I didn't follow up on it. I still have every wheel I ever bought, or else I threw them away because they were worn out, so I'll probably never sell it anyways- but who knows.

Back