Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,355 comments
It's with metal QR1, I did have the disconnect issue a few weeks ago where the connector disconnected and I lost gears, but not steering and pedals, mid race.

This time seems different, the disconnect happened when I wasn't actively using the wheel, during the short break between practice and race. It just seemed to have reverted to the usual state when you power it up and needs a press of the PS button to connect it to the PS5.
I had a similar "controller disconnected" issue with my GT DD Pro base between races in GT7 and once it started acting up it would disconnect constantly. It was a faulty usb cable supplied with the wheel in my case - I changed it out for a USB-C > USB-C cable and plugged it into the USB-C port on the front of the PS5 and no issue since.

Last edited:
Has anyone plugged their GT DD Pro into a USB 3 hub (powered or not powered) between the PS5 and the wheel and had issues? I want to run a USB hub so I can plug in the wheel, a keyboard and mouse into the PS3 via one of the back USB ports. The other is used for SSD and the front I do not want to use as I use them for thumb drives to transfer game footage to my computer.

Before I do this I want to make sure I will not run into issues.

Has anyone plugged their GT DD Pro into a USB 3 hub (powered or not powered) between the PS5 and the wheel and had issues? I want to run a USB hub so I can plug in the wheel, a keyboard and mouse into the PS3 via one of the back USB ports. The other is used for SSD and the front I do not want to use as I use them for thumb drives to transfer game footage to my computer.

I haven't tested this personally but as far as I know the only USB hub limitation on Playstation 4 & 5 is related to external hard drives which do not work if connected via a hub.

Yes I have. It caused disconnect issues mid game. I keep the wheel USB in the front of the PS5 directly and the usb hub in the back with keyboard and additional ps4 external HDDs

I use both extensions and a small USB 2.0 hub on my rig for a button box and only had a couple of disconnects in hundreds of hours of use w Gt7 and PS5. I use a rear USB port on the PS5 mostly because I was scratching the front panel a bit w the USB-A plug. USB-C for VR. So cable or hub quality may be a factor

But my cables were all bundled w the power cord and EMI is mentioned a lot so I just rerouted them to separate power from data. Too soon to tell

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to know if the GT DD Pro has gone on sale for Black Friday in the past? And what the price was?
Curious if it's worth waiting a month.

My T300rs pedals finally gave out after 10 years, and thinking instead of paying 200 for a load cell pedal set, perhaps I should just upgrade to direct drive.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone happen to know if the GT DD Pro has gone on sale for Black Friday in the past? And what the price was?
Curious if it's worth waiting a month.

My T300rs pedals finally gave out after 10 years, and thinking instead of paying 200 for a load cell pedal set, perhaps I should just upgrade to direct drive.

Thanks in advance.
I don't think it has tbh. Possible it might this year now they've announced the DD+ wheelbase.

Last edited:
Sounds good but I don't think it's worth upgrading if you only play GT7, the FFB is poorly implemented imho and having more torque won't improve it. If people don't already play ACC then you should before making a decision, the FFB in that is on another level and shows what the 8Nm DD Pro is actually capable of. The increased responsiveness etc of the DD+ sounds great but with the right settings mine feels really good and I have to fight the wheel as is.

Also something to bear in mind is can your rig handle it. I had to do all sorts of reinforcement when I used the Playseat Challenge with just 8Nm, having 15 available it would have been unusable I suspect.

A key question on DD+ is whether Polyphony does anything to leverage Trueforce feature that Fanatec is hyping. That could be a an oppurtunity for some FFB and effects improvements in using the new SDK. That might make it worth it.

Or not….time will tell, but agree with @Abarth_71 as currently written extra NM probably not much benefit. I figure its at least 6 months maybe longer before we see what develops for GT7

A key question on DD+ is whether Polyphony does anything to leverage Trueforce feature that Fanatec is hyping. That could be a an oppurtunity for some FFB and effects improvements in using the new SDK. That might make it worth it.

Or not….time will tell, but agree with @Abarth_71 as currently written extra NM probably not much benefit. I figure its at least 6 months maybe longer before we see what develops for GT7

From this video, Fanatec say the devs at iracing and PD (GT7) have the SDK and are currently working to get it implemented - next will be ACC:

Fanatec CS DD

Last edited:
Not that I will buy it as I got the DD GT Pro just recently and I can’t justify it, but hopefully support for this will be in the next game update.

Last edited:
Clubsport DD+ available for pre-order - available 12 Dec 23.

I could not resist and I did always say that if Fanatec released a 12-14nm DD that I would jump at the chance to get one - so I am sticking to my word and once again giving my dosh to Fanatec - Darn it!!! Its a long wait but will look forward to it.

Last edited:
From this video, Fanatec say the devs at iracing and PD (GT7) have the SDK and are currently working to get it implemented - next will be ACC:

Fanatec CS DD

This is exciting news as it’s the first time I’ve heard (other than hearsay) that Fanatec and PD devs were working together. I’ve always thought the Gran Turismo - Fanatec (with the official GT wheel being direct drive!!!!) was a wasted partnership, in the sense that GT7’s FFB is marginal at best. I have no intentions of getting a new base anytime soon, but hopefully we all benefit from this.

And to those that question wether more torque makes the FFB better in GT7 or not, I can confirm that it does. It takes what little nuance GT7 FFB has, and amplify’s everything. You can feel the tires load up, and lose grip so much easier when you have more torque. I really need to jump back into Assetto Corsa, ACC and PC2, I’m curious to see what those feel like now that I’ve gotten used to more torque.

On an unrelated note, I’m kinda bummed to hear shout Fanatec’s issues. I suppose that I’m lucky in the fact that their US warehouse isn’t far from me. So anything that I order, if it’s in stock, I get it in a few days. But I am concerned because I need to open up a ticket on my DD Pro, as the pedal Jack on the wheelbase has come loose. Hopefully it’s not to much up a s**t show trying to get it fixed.

And I agree that PD needs to support all of Fanatec’s wheels already. Clearly the coding capability is there, as the official GT wheel as the ability to have different joysticks control individual and specific functions.

Maybe that’s part of this big update coming….

This is exciting news as it’s the first time I’ve heard (other than hearsay) that Fanatec and PD devs were working together. I’ve always thought the Gran Turismo - Fanatec (with the official GT wheel being direct drive!!!!) was a wasted partnership, in the sense that GT7’s FFB is marginal at best. I have no intentions of getting a new base anytime soon, but hopefully we all benefit from this.

And to those that question wether more torque makes the FFB better in GT7 or not, I can confirm that it does. It takes what little nuance GT7 FFB has, and amplify’s everything. You can feel the tires load up, and lose grip so much easier when you have more torque. I really need to jump back into Assetto Corsa, ACC and PC2, I’m curious to see what those feel like now that I’ve gotten used to more torque.

On an unrelated note, I’m kinda bummed to hear shout Fanatec’s issues. I suppose that I’m lucky in the fact that their US warehouse isn’t far from me. So anything that I order, if it’s in stock, I get it in a few days. But I am concerned because I need to open up a ticket on my DD Pro, as the pedal Jack on the wheelbase has come loose. Hopefully it’s not to much up a s**t show trying to get it fixed.

And I agree that PD needs to support all of Fanatec’s wheels already. Clearly the coding capability is there, as the official GT wheel as the ability to have different joysticks control individual and specific functions.

Maybe that’s part of this big update coming….
If GT7 was the only game I played no way would I spend £900 on a new base. I might in future with AC2 and Rennsport hopefully coming to console at some point but with ACC being the only game I play with great FFB I can't justify it now.
Fanatec really are in a mess with orders, my QR2 bundle is stuck in Germany and no idea if or when I'm going to get it. Customer support are taking weeks to respond to people, it's a nightmare.

Last edited:
If GT7 was the only game I played no way would I spend £900 on a new base. I might in future with AC2 and Rennsport hopefully coming to console at some point but with ACC being the only game I play with great FFB I can't justify it now.
Fanatec really are in a mess with orders, my QR2 bundle is stuck in Germany and no idea if or when I'm going to get it. Customer support are taking weeks to respond to people, it's a nightmare.
Hope they get you sorted with the QR2 as it is worth it in the end. It looks like things have improved with the shipping of orders, but clearly they still have some issues! Fingers crossed you get your order soon chap.

I haven't tested this personally but as far as I know the only USB hub limitation on Playstation 4 & 5 is related to external hard drives which do not work if connected via a hub.
Yes and I had disconnects. Brand new 3.0 cable and new 3.0 hub. Had to go directly to the ps5.

Finally Fanatec have pulled their finger out, no response from support but my tracking updated this morning and shows delivery Friday...hopefully. Looks like they've paid for express delivery.

Finally Fanatec have pulled their finger out, no response from support but my tracking updated this morning and shows delivery Friday...hopefully. Looks like they've paid for express delivery.
Glad to hear that - I am still enjoying the upgrade to QR2! If you tweak your GT7 / ACC settings after you have used QR2 let us all know please!

It's only bloody turned up! 😁

PXL_20231027_172023401.jpg

Last edited:
A week ago, I experienced my first disconnect on my GT DD Pro. Thankfully, it was after my league race while I was must messing around with time trials. Research and inspection revealed the shaft had backed out. I loosened the U-clamp, reinserted and retightened the clamp, but after less than an hour of driving it happened again.

I bought this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0020822LA/?tag=gtplanet-20

And I found this
IMG_4246.jpg

I installed the new clamp making sure to line up the clamp slots exactly with the wheel base slots. Then I torqued each bolt to 12 nM. I only have an hour or so of driving since install, but so far so good.

A week ago, I experienced my first disconnect on my GT DD Pro. Thankfully, it was after my league race while I was must messing around with time trials. Research and inspection revealed the shaft had backed out. I loosened the U-clamp, reinserted and retightened the clamp, but after less than an hour of driving it happened again.

I bought this
And I found this View attachment 1298616

I installed the new clamp making sure to line up the clamp slots exactly with the wheel base slots. Then I torqued each bolt to 12 nM. I only have an hour or so of driving since install, but so far so good.
Be careful not to overtighten the clamp, the new 2 piece one that comes with the QR2 has a max torque of 8NM on each bolt.

True but it's probably more about the pressure on the shaft/shaft housing.
I reasoned that if the stock U-clamp can handle 15nM on one fastener, the base housing could handle 12 across two. But I ain't no engineer so take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back